Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel if My Little Pony friendship is magic ended

NathanW200

How do you feel about My Little Pony friendship is magic ending after season 9  

44 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this

• Excited
    • Happy
    • Okay
    • Sad
    • Devastated

• The title was changed to How do you feel about MLP: FiM potentially ending

@NathanW200

Edited spoiler-y title, put post into spoiler. Please remember to spoiler any leaked material.

Thank you!

I feel sad, because I love the characters, but I'm in an acceptance as well. FiM has a crazy run, almost a decade worth of content where other shows aren't even half as long, and with a stigma over it's head, but it can be a curse as well. Other shows that still air to this day, are a shell of their former selves, and I'd hate FiM would go through that :sunny: 

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to How do you feel about MLP: FiM allegedly ending

I'm fine with it. 9 Seasons is a lot of pony. It has a great amount of nostalgia and easy to watch time and again. If you gotta go, go out with a plan.  

• Brohoof 5

I think it's nearly time. Give us a bit more G4, and then end it before it turns into one of those cartoons that suffers a major drop in quality after a while. Some think that has already happened (if you were here for S6 and early S7, you would remember all the "has the show jumped the shark?" threads), but personally I think it has yet to really decline. End it on a high note!

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, meme said:

It's better to end the show while it's good than to become a Simpsons.

But is it any better to end a proven-successful show in favor of a potentially disastrous successor (just look at Teen Titans Go! and The Powerpuff Girls 2016)?

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

I have made my peace with FiM ending. And now when we have new episodes in horizon, I can't really feel nothing but excitement and joy.

We don't have a single bad season so far, so ending of the show will hopefully be as good as the fans hope and deserve.

• Brohoof 2

It's had a good long life, some bumps here and there, but there's more than enough content to keep me happy. Let the series end with some dignity

• Brohoof 1

I'm a little split on that. I do support that it might become stale and repetetive, but part of me does want more poni. There are also concerns about the new gen, it might judt become something like gen3

I do have hopes for fan content though. Maybe ponis will outlive their airtime by decades in the hands of talents.

i'll miss it but honestly, like people said above, i'd really rather it end now than get dragged out and go through major seasonal rot. did those g5 leaks turn out to be true? i know that's a vague question but, you know, spoilers. (plus i can't work out how to use the spoiler tag thing :adorkable:)

• Brohoof 1

It's a little saddening, but also expected. FIM has had an incredible run. Back when I first became a brony, we weren't sure if FIM would survive going into S3. Not only did it reach three full seasons, but we also had at least four more with two more coming.

S9 spoilers:

Spoiler

If S9 has a 26-episode schedule like S8, we'll reach 221 episodes. Hasbro's next longest serialized show is Transformers G1 at 99. If that doesn't impress anyone, I don't know what will.

Not to mention it looks like DHX has a concrete plan to conclude the series on a high note. Hopefully, it delivers! :)

21 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

The writing has definitely seen better days and it has long since entered into seasonal rot.

If the writing quality was as average as S6 or worse, then you can make the case. Instead, S7 proves it still has legs. Several episodes (i.e., Glideance, Pear, Zepp, Mane Thing, M&R) were excellent, and very few genuinely sucked. Its run between Mane Thing and Shadow Play is FIM's best since Green Isn't Your Color to Sisterhooves Social. Now with Dubuc taking part of the series, she and Haber can push FIM more forward.

S8 leaked spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

If the leaks showed, S8's hopefully in really good hands.

16 minutes ago, peachy said:

(plus i can't work out how to use the spoiler tag thing :adorkable:)

To use the spoiler, click on the human eye icon in the textbox toolbar to open the "spoiler" box, and type inside. To check if it's working before submittion, click the preview icon (the hourglass-on-paper icon furthest to the right). Hope it helps. :)

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 5

33 minutes ago, peachy said:

i'll miss it but honestly, like people said above, i'd really rather it end now than get dragged out and go through major seasonal rot. did those g5 leaks turn out to be true? i know that's a vague question but, you know, spoilers. (plus i can't work out how to use the spoiler tag thing :adorkable:)

The leaks themselves are true. What's not certain for anybody, Hasbro included, is both the final product nor the release date. Everything shown in those leaks are far from final plans.

• Brohoof 2

Sad. I have only been in the fandom for seven months so it would be a shame to see it end so soon. I don't think there has been any notable drop in quality – all seasons have a lot of great episodes, and there are very few episodes I found weak. The newer additions to the cast (most notably Starlight but also others such as Sunburst and Maud) have made their own marks on the show, and I still love the Mane 6 as much as I did when I started watching FIM.

In general, the show has made me feel good when I'm down. I haven't liked any other show as much in years, it brings back the enjoyment I got from watching cartoons when I was younger. I'll definitely miss it when it's all over. To be honest, I would even take a slight dip in quality (emphasis on slight) over it ending completely.

• Brohoof 5

26 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

It's a little saddening, but also expected. FIM has had an incredible run. Back when I first became a brony, we weren't sure if FIM would survive going into S3. Not only did it reach three full seasons, but we also had at least four more with two more coming.

S9 spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

If S9 has a 26-episode schedule like S8, we'll reach 221 episodes. Hasbro's next longest serialized show is Transformers G1 at 99. If that doesn't impress anyone, I don't know what will.

Not to mention it looks like DHX has a concrete plan to conclude the series on a high note. Hopefully, it delivers! :)

If the writing quality was as average as S6 or worse, then you can make the case. Instead, S7 proves it still has legs. Several episodes (i.e., Glideance, Pear, Zepp, Mane Thing, M&R) were excellent, and very few genuinely sucked. Its run between Mane Thing and Shadow Play is FIM's best since Green Isn't Your Color to Sisterhooves Social. Now with Dubuc taking part of the series, she and Haber can push FIM more forward.

S8 leaked spoilers ahead:

Reveal hidden contents

If the leaks showed, S8's hopefully in really good hands.

To use the spoiler, click on the human eye icon in the textbox toolbar to open the "spoiler" box, and type inside. To check if it's working before submittion, click the preview icon (the hourglass-on-paper icon furthest to the right). Hope it helps. :)

Spoiler

thank you my guy (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

6 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

The leaks themselves are true. What's not certain for anybody, Hasbro included, is both the final product nor the release date. Everything shown in those leaks are far from final plans.

damn, i'm not the biggest fan of the leaks to be honest but i'll still watch!

• Brohoof 1

I'm sad about it ending for sure, but I think this show deserves a good ending, rather than a long, drawn out one that turns out to be bad. Plus by then, the fandom would be smaller because of the likely drop in quality. I think we need to end it off with a bang!

@NathanW200 You really like making a ton of posts about this don't you? Just enjoy what we have left, bro. Don't worry about it, we still have two years of pony, try to stay positive. There's no point in being sad about it. Smile, smile, smile!:)

• Brohoof 3

Now should these leaks prove to be accurate, I'm not going to deny that I'm sad to say goodbye to all of the characters that we've came to appreciate and fall in love with over the years. Unlike a lot of people I DON'T believe that the show has gotten stale or declined in quality at all, but if Hasbro feels like it's time for a change, then that's alright. You know, obviously there will be an inevitable period of difficult adjustment. But at the same time, I'm also somewhat relieved that the show isn't going to outstay it's welcome like Spongebob or The Simpsons and I'm admittedly sort of excited to see what the new generation will do and what it will bring to the table. I'm a little sad, but I'm also optimistic for the franchise's future. I'm not completely depressed over it, all in all, I'm okay and I'm ready.:grin:

• Brohoof 2

I feel sad, but it’s hard to feel that sad when there’s still two whole seasons left for the show to wrap up any unanswered questions. I feel like people need to calm down over these leaks, nothing about g5 is set in stone yet.

This is the first MLP generation change I'll be going though (EDIT: That I actually am paying attention to). I guess I'm feeling similar to how it is when a beloved Doctor is going to retire from the role and regenerate - bummed but accepting that it has to happen sooner or later.

At least these days it's easy to know when these generation changes are on the horizon. When you don't know it's coming it's absolutely awful. I was in a terrible funk for weeks after "Logopolis" first aired. :(

Thinking about that further, does this mean G4 is equivalent to the 4th doctor - longest running and establisher of much lore for the series? :)

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 1

I will be fine.  Sure I will be sad that a show that I was emotionally attached to and enjoyed following ended, but I have faced this before with shows like Korra and Gravity Falls, so I think I can manage.

As long as the series ends on a good note, things will be okay.

Plus I am curious in seeing what the next generation of MLP will have to offer.

1 hour ago, Tacodidra said:

Sad. I have only been in the fandom for seven months so it would be a shame to see it end so soon. I don't think there has been any notable drop in quality – all seasons have a lot of great episodes, and there are very few episodes I found weak. The newer additions to the cast (most notably Starlight but also others such as Sunburst and Maud) have made their own marks on the show, and I still love the Mane 6 as much as I did when I started watching FIM.

In general, the show has made me feel good when I'm down. I haven't liked any other show as much in years, it brings back the enjoyment I got from watching cartoons when I was younger. I'll definitely miss it when it's all over. To be honest, I would even take a slight dip in quality (emphasis on slight) over it ending completely.

Best. Post. Ever.

I can relate to every single sentence.

• Brohoof 2

I'm perfectly fine with this show ending. 2010s animation renaissance is closing, and while it is sad to see it end, I really really don't want this to become like Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob, Simpsons, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, or god forbid Family Guy. I've seen what happened to those shows, and it wasn't pretty. I think 8 to 9 seasons is a good enough length for it. 

I'm honestly okay with MLP ending, it's been on for several years now and by the end of it's run it would have lasted about ten years. That's a nice long time for an animated show about magical friendship ponies to be on TV, though the long life-span of the show isn't the only reason I'm okay with letting the show end. I wouldn't want MLP to turn into a shell of it's former self, as in the seasons keep coming and they don't stop coming and you fed to the rules and you hit the ground running. Other shows such as the Simpsons or the Fairly Odd Parents are a prime example of what can happen if a show stays past it's stay, the writing goes downhill, plot lines are lazily thrown together, and the episodes don't feel satisfying at all. I think that while we're all a bit sad at the current generation ending, we have to stay optimistic about the next one and go from there. :twi: