Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Does Sonic and Rainbow Dash make a cute couple. (At least if Sonic was a pony)

Dashy 4 Ever

I don't ship it, and thus I don't find it cute.

I also don't think the two of them are all that compatible, either. Rainbow's drive for competition would annoy Sonic (who, despite what people may believe, isn't competitive very often), and with Rainbow being the extrovert she is and Sonic having a tendency to pull disappearing acts, it would cause a lot of strain in their relationship. Sonic likes to be a free spirit, and Rainbow more so needs someone who's willing to dedicate time and attention to her, while at the same time understanding if she's busy due to her passions, and while Sonic could certainly fit the latter just fine, the former might be difficult for him. In other words, Sonic would have issues with commitment.

• Brohoof 3

Isn't Sonic like 15, while Rainbow is in her 20's?

Now, I don't know if the same rules apply to Mobius or Equestria, but here in the US, that's called pedophilia.

Edited by Lord Princess Panzy
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not a fan of inter-species ships in general, so I am glad the OP added the "if Sonic were a pony" qualifier. That said, @Scootaloved pretty much nailed it, here. I don't know how free-spirited Sonic is, as I haven't watched too many of his films. But her answer is consistent with everything I've seen and known about Rainbow Dash and Sonic.

Speaking from my own perspective, I do not think that Rainbow Dash and Sonic would make a good couple. Putting aside the fact that Sonic is a hedgehog, as that doesn't matter in the context of this thread due to the fact that the original post said if he were a pony, I don't believe they would work well romantically. Dash loves to be the center of attention. She's bold and outspoken and competitive. Sonic shares many of these qualities, but he'd also prefer to be out running free into his next adventure. While I will admit to being a sonamy fan (this is not to push the pairing onto anyone else, so please don't think I'm trying to do so) I'm looking at this from an objective perspective and not a subjective one as best I can. Based on the traits I've seen in their personalities (observing from watching all the episodes so far of MLP and playing several different Sonic games) I don't think they'd mesh well as lovers. On the other hand/hoof though I think they'd be great friendly rivals. Personally I always imagine Sonic as an earth pony, so he'd be fastest on land (without the chaos emeralds giving him a super form( and Rainbow Dash would be fastest in the sky. aybe they'd compete to see who's fastest overall regardless of race.

As for who Dash might a good match for, i can't say. Maybe she likes males or maybe she likes females. Maybe she's into both (bisexual) or maybe she's too in love with herself (this is called narcissism in case anyone doesn't know). I believe that's what @Goat-kun was referring to when they said rainbow dash x rainbow dash all the way. Or I could be wrong. Or maybe it's Rainbow Dash falling in love with an alternate version of herself, which might include the Rule 63 Rainbow Dash. I believe he's called Rainbow Blitz to some fans.

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was locked

Now; I had to hide WAY too many posts here, but keep in mind TWO things here:

1. This topic is NOT about Rainbow's age. Please keep the discussion related to the opening post.

2. The anti-homosexual stuff doesn't belong here, or on the forums in general. I won't change how you feel, but comments like that will NOT be welcomed here. Period.

That said; back to the discussion. Cheers!

• Brohoof 4

• The topic was unlocked
37 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Keeping it on topic, what does everyone else thing of Sonic and Dash being a couple vs. them being friends? I've already said my thoughts.

I think Sonic shouldn't even be considered to be in mlp. :twi:  Flutterdash or RainbowJack have more potential, but I really love to see soarin x rainbow.

1 minute ago, Hierok, Scoffer of Music said:

I think Sonic shouldn't even be considered to be in mlp. :twi:  Flutterdash or RainbowJack have more potential, but I really love to see soarin x rainbow.

IF he were a pony in mlp, he'd be a good friend to RD but not coltfriend. In some alternate universe there's bound to be a ponified Sonic and same with the other characters. Otherwise people wouldn't make imaginings of what they might look like as ponies.

I'm a believer of the multi-universe theory, the idea that in an infinite number of alterative histories, there CAN exist a world where they can be together.

Besides, mutual, genuine caring, love between two sentient mature people, regardless of gender or species, should be allowed. True love is caring love. That is my belief, and no one changes it but me. 

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, Scootaloved said:

I think Sonic and Dash being friends is not only completely feasible, but would be cute to witness. :grin:

I already said what my thoughts are on them as a couple, but friendship doesn't have the same requirement of commitment as a romantic relationship does, and I do think the two of them would generally gel well (even if Dash's ego might get on Sonic's nerves sometimes). Dash seems to get along pretty well with male characters in general because of her personality.

Whoa, hey, I'm not much a fan of Soarin/Rainbow either (personally, I think it's people just pairing Rainbow up with the first stallion who seems to be around her the most), but that doesn't mean that people should be ashamed for wanting to see it. It's just a ship. :confused:

Same thing goes for Sonic/Rainbow, really. Although I don't personally think it'd work out, I can see the appeal.

If they were a couple at all, I don't think it would be a serious affair, and they'd probably break up within a short span of time. I think they'd remain friends though.

• Brohoof 1

While I do not believe in shipping, I do have Build-A-Bear plushes of both Sonic and Rainbow Dash (RD was one of my first plushes from BABW)

build_a_bear_s_supersonic_bffs_by_yoshia

I do admit that they do look nice together. If only IDW and SEGA were to collaborate with Build-A-Bear Workshop and Hasbro to make special outfits for Sonic and RD (Sonic Hoodie for the girl, and Wonderbolts Jacket for Sonic) Maybe if they do a one-shot story that would be a must-buy involving a race between these two, then it would make sense.

On 11/3/2018 at 8:11 PM, YoshiAngemon said:

While I do not believe in shipping, I do have Build-A-Bear plushes of both Sonic and Rainbow Dash (RD was one of my first plushes from BABW)

build_a_bear_s_supersonic_bffs_by_yoshia

I do admit that they do look nice together. If only IDW and SEGA were to collaborate with Build-A-Bear Workshop and Hasbro to make special outfits for Sonic and RD (Sonic Hoodie for the girl, and Wonderbolts Jacket for Sonic) Maybe if they do a one-shot story that would be a must-buy involving a race between these two, then it would make sense.

i like that

No way. Please. Sonic is Sonic. Its a video game, a really fun one in my view. Making it a couple would just be weird. It would be like Rainbow Dash dating Shrek. It just would be at best wrong and out of place on so many levels.

Edited by Magora

13 hours ago, Magora said:

No way. Please. Sonic is Sonic. Its a video game, a really fun one in my view. Making it a couple would just be weird. It would be like Rainbow Dash dating Shrek. It just would be at best wrong and out of place on so many levels.

the only thingthat is weird is the pairing with a pony who is not her couple. that not count.