Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Suffer from any Phobias? If so, Then How Does it Affect Your Life?

The Recherche

I'm afraid of heights. It's not a problem if I'm looking out the window inside a building or an airplane, but I do hate being on tall ladders.

I took a tech theater class in high school and the ladder up to the auditorium catwalks gave me a panic attack because you couldn't just step off and onto the platform... you had to like pull yourself up onto it :sealed: As someone who has never had a lot of upper body strength, I was terrified and always needed somebody else to help me up because I thought I was going to slip off and go splat on the floor below. Getting down wasn't fun either because you basically had to jump onto the ladder and hope you would be able to grab on just right.

• 1 year later...

Anthropophobia. I might have Acrophobia too, but I don't know. I'm definitely afraid of heights so much. E-Coco (1).png
The first one makes me live with weekly nightmares, often daily and I have this since I can think. I only talk to people when I have to and it's no problem, I keep to myself otherwise. I would welcome genuine and friendly people in my life, but I never met them though (irl).

On 2018-04-18 at 4:51 PM, Will Guide said:

I think I have a fear of being around balloons, for fear that they will pop. The sound of Poping balloons IRL makes me jumpy. Cartoon balloons popping is fine, but in Real Life, being in a room full of them is makes me feel like I'm in a minefield where one wrong step and BOOM!

This. I hate the things. I'm always paranoid and jittery when a balloon is around...especially when a silly little kid is kicking it around...:mlp_blink:

I'm also bad with spiders...and bees x_x I also hate vomiting, so when I wash my hands I tend to do it with quite a LOT of handwash :muffins: