Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introducing the 2018 MLPF World Cup

Jeric

5 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Jeric 

Y'know, we can shave about a week off this endeavor if we just skip all the NPC teams. That would only leave another week remaining for the rest of the draft, at most. 

We could also speed this up by PMing the seven remaining teams as to whether they'll even draft or not. Eliminate the ones that say no or don't respond after a day. 

Heck, we could go even faster if every team left just states who they'll draft at once. And if two teams want the same character, then we'll let whomever's first in the order take precedence. 

We can work this out. 

giphy.gif 

If we do the all at once thing, I'll go ahead and take Stygian for Baltimare and exchange Crackle.

• Brohoof 1

Ponyville picks up Stygian for Gilda

On to Baltimare

20 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Y'know, we can shave about a week off this endeavor if we just skip all the NPC teams. That would only leave another week remaining for the rest of the draft, at most. 

I skip teams with no coach and PM, @mention and quote everyone else depending on the size of the team. 

I did think of a faster system that I'm going to implement for the supplemental if we can get through the remaining teams quick enough. 

@Toastypk you are up. 

• Brohoof 2
33 minutes ago, Jeric said:

On to Baltimare

I skip teams with no coach and PM, @mention and quote everyone else depending on the size of the team. 

I did think of a faster system that I'm going to implement for the supplemental if we can get through the remaining teams quick enough. 

@Toastypk you are up. 

Oh he already made his pick.

15 hours ago, Toastypk said:

giphy.gif 

If we do the all at once thing, I'll go ahead and take Stygian for Baltimare and exchange Crackle.

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Oh he already made his pick.

15 hours ago, Toastypk said:

39 minutes ago, Jeric said:

On to Baltimare

(edited)
7 hours ago, Jeric said:

@Toastypk you are up. 

I didn't know he was in high demand. Well he fits there anyway! With Starswirl and Twi. Hmm...

Ok so I looked at the lists, now you said the second drafting was cancelled, and that involves the farm list. So does that mean the farm list is void now? Cause I was looking at the lists to  see who would be a real good match for Sunburst and Twinkleshine, something unicorn... and I realized: Stellar Flare is in there! She would be perfect,.

and she's already related to the team captain.

1748735__safe_screencap_stellar+flare_su

"Moooommm, why are you getting involved in my thing here?"

"You have to make sure you succeed, so you need to follow these instructions. You can't win a contest without a solid strategy."

So Stellar Flare in place of Crackle... ...unless the farm team list is invalid now. EDIT: I've been told the farm team availability is coming soon, so I will decline this one.

Edited by Toastypk

Baltimare declines to draft in this round. 

Klugetown has no team coaches, so moving on to the next tea.

Crystal Empire is up

@Randimaxis your team consists of Cadance, Discord, and Scorpon. You can drop either Discord or Scorpan and pick up a character from the Draft Pool on the first post. Please let me know ASAP what you decide. If you are happy with this team please let me know this as well. 

6 hours ago, Jeric said:

Crystal Empire is up

Discord_go_on.gif.4a121ef879aa56ef6c95eeb48245f90d.gif

Ex-cellent!

I believe we'll be dropping Scorpan, and exchanging him for...

cae8def7394cdaae1a943f6f2441254e.jpg.6fae0041f9d8bda8b87b1e33b905712c.jpg

-=[DOCTOR WHOOVES]=-

Because now, between the three, we have:

MAGIC, CHAOS! AND SCIENCE!!!!!

... and that'll be it.

For now, anyway.

Trollface_Discord.png.e0f7850c2fdc8d1b89dd32a43a79024a.png

• Brohoof 4
4 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

Discord_go_on.gif.4a121ef879aa56ef6c95eeb48245f90d.gif

Ex-cellent!

I believe we'll be dropping Scorpan, and exchanging him for...

cae8def7394cdaae1a943f6f2441254e.jpg.6fae0041f9d8bda8b87b1e33b905712c.jpg

-=[DOCTOR WHOOVES]=-

Because now, between the three, we have:

MAGIC, CHAOS! AND SCIENCE!!!!!

... and that'll be it.

For now, anyway.

Trollface_Discord.png.e0f7850c2fdc8d1b89dd32a43a79024a.png

Oh that is an interesting writing opportunity. 

Alright sir. 

Skipping Saddle Arabia, Our Town, and Tararus

Skippinv White Tail Woods

Everfree elects not to draft

@Soren Peregrine Ghastly Gorge is up. Did you want to drop a character for an available character in the Draft Pool? 

• Brohoof 1

@Soren Peregrine friendly reminder for your team's draft. If you have any questions post them here. If you don't want to change anything, let me know so I can move on to the next team. 

I'm sure everyone wants to find out what divisions they will be sorted into and what the game schedule is. 

Also, if anyone who has NOT drafted is interested in picking up a Farm Character let me know so I can prep in advance. The Farm Draft will go in reverse order. I will be sending a PM to every eligible Manager to list the characters they want in order of preference or reply with Pass.

• Brohoof 2
(edited)

@Jeric I am so sorry I have taken so long. May I ask who is available to draft if I remove one or two of the teammates? I'm not exactly how it works. How much time do I have left? Ugh I just don't know how to do this! I'm a bit confused. :maud:

Edited by Soren Peregrine
  • Brohoof 1
12 hours ago, Soren Peregrine said:

@Jeric I am so sorry I have taken so long. May I ask who is available to draft if I remove one or two of the teammates? I'm not exactly how it works. How much time do I have left? Ugh I just don't know how to do this! I'm a bit confused. :maud:

The first list on this thread is the characters you can trade first, for one of your standing characters. If you choose not to, the second list becomes an option.

• Brohoof 1

Fillydelphia is drafting by releasing Nurse Redheart and picking up Princess Skystar! 

The Moon is next. They have made a decision and I'm going to hold off just to confirm because .... it's impactful. 

• Brohoof 3

Okay. 

Before I announce Team Moon's decision, please note that neither Seaquestria not Dragon Lands have a coach. Please note that the next drafts include the Farm List, and at some later point characters that have made the 32 teams but are eliminated. That means .... characters that do not make a team now ... are out. They will not be competing in the World Cup. 

Based on Polls, and comments, Team Moon drafts Pony of Shadows. 

And Team Moon releases Pinkie Pie. 

:o

The initial draft is now complete.

Sequestria and Dragon Lands is skipped and we enter the Farm Draft. Only teams that did not draft are eligible for these characters and the draft order will be reversed. I am going to PM all Managers/Mods and will be asking if they intend to draft. Once this PM goes out they have three days to reply with a yes or no. If they are interested they must include list of characters they want in order of priority. 

also, this week all teams will be sorted into the 8 divisions and the schedule generated. The sort will be random as I previously communicated. While there is a chance of some boring matches, there is an equal chance of a strong division that will eliminate favorites early in the World Cup. 

Getting closer. Get hyped .... And don't forget to mourn Pinkie. 

• Brohoof 3
5 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

Bloomberg is on a team while Pinkie is not. This world is a very confusing place :blink:

Bloomberg was actually dropped by Wonderbolts Academy for a legit pegasus. 

• Brohoof 3
14 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Bloomberg was actually dropped by Wonderbolts Academy for a legit pegasus.

But there is a team with a rock as a captain! :mlp_icwudt:

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

Any team that scraps one of the mane six either has some serious chimicherrichnagas or is loco in the coco. 

Guess we'll find out which once the battles begin.

Indeed. :P

Pinkie was so unlucky – she would have been captain on most teams, and ended up on the last team to draft... :( Too bad she can't have a team with Thorax and some other unlucky (non-)pony. But fortunately, there are other ponies and teams to choose from. :grin:

• Brohoof 7
(edited)

Pinkie Pie will be sorely missed, however it took the Pillars of Equestria lead by the greatest conjurer of the pre-classical era, the elements of harmony lead by an alicorn princess, in addition to a unicorn who can match said princess in combat, and an unofficial wizard, to defeat the Pony of Shadows. The fun may not have been doubled after dropping Pinkie Pie, but it certianly has made up for that in it's grab for power. :orly:

Image result for nightmare moon as the pony of shadows

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 2

Hey all don't feel bad for Pinkie, because there's always a silver lining:

985185707_pinkiesout1.thumb.png.d8ed2cadbda4555103f9cbc763d5b9a7.png

Pinkie, are you okay?

No not really, I mean yeah of course I am I mean look at the Moon Team they got the team they always wanted and I know they didn’t release me to be mean it’s just…

1478741811_pinkiesout2.thumb.png.15ea5564f03dee0a08a46c7d4fb92452.png

Ya’ll really wanted to compete didn’t ya?

*mm hmm*

Well how about we cheer you up, Pinkie?

Yeah, I mean the competitions not for a few days so that’s plenty of time for us to take the time off our busy team leading and…

1752651136_pinkiesout3.thumb.png.33b08ad7624a4434476e210cd1d4b1b6.png

…What?!

I know how about we go to Sugarcube Corner and celebrate uh…?

And celebrate how all of you got to be captains of your team and couldn’t be voted out.

207774945_pinkiesout4.thumb.png.40e6d1f48c3c2235b2c46ab17871db27.png

Hey woah, I’m not captain of my team so that’s not the whole point of-

But Starlight’s your captain so of course you’re not going to be voted out!

366464689_pinkiesout5.thumb.png.532828e6c3435ef31ec52438747c6449.png

*sigh* I guess Princess Luna and I weren’t very close after all, this is probably repercussions for what I did to her on Nightmare Night.

Well then, let me ask you this, what would you have done if you did make the Moon Team?

Oh all sorts of things but what’s it matter?

Come on, don’t be like that just think what would you have done for your team?

1297524987_pinkiesout6.thumb.png.ef3e904cff603c143bb9f5ccf69ce498.png

Really Fluttershy, why do we have to keep dwelling on this we’re trying to help her forget.

We can’t very we help her if we don’t know what exactly she’s upset about.

I guess if that’s the case, I would have started planning all the parties for our team’s accomplishments gathering together all the things Luna liked and really getting to know Nightmare Moon to make her feel special but now they probably don’t even want me to associate with their team.

Oh now I see, you would have been spending all your time planning your team's party.

1557233132_pinkiesout7.thumb.png.726d44b7ed1fe07c1fe0b384a6e04b68.png

Wait, but then who would have helped to plan a party for my team?

Well I certainly would have helped, Twilight, I wouldn’t forget about you.

1050974931_pinkiesout8.thumb.png.164789cc4ac31e32ea56ec1c3221ad32.png

So then with that little extra time ya got, ya’ll would have been able to help with my team's party right?

Of course, I mean it would have had to work around the planning of my team's party but I don’t have to worry about that anymore.

So then you could help up in Cloudsdale for my party too?

We could also use some help in Manehattan.

And Trottingham?

Absolutely, I can’t not support my friends endeavors right?

430979804_pinkiesout9.thumb.png.4a77c32cdacbe034b9ff81a2a9d9a9fd.png

Then, would you be able to provide double the friendship support for the Changeling Kingdom.

Don’t forget sibling support for Maud and your sisters.

Oh you’re right, wow I would have been so focused on my team I might have forgotten about theirs…

1356828170_pinkiesout10.thumb.png.5cf8e163608bc2c11759efe918a63df5.png

….and now I won’t.  Sweet Celestia, now that I don’t have to worry about showing enough support for my team, I show equal support for ALL THE TEAMS!  Yes, the parties will be incredible I can enlist the help of Cheese for Applejack’s, Discord could offer some of his dimension to crank up the party to the Crystal Empire, then I’ve got Maud and Lyra living it up in Klugetown and of course we have to accommodate for all those fishy guys because I mean who doesn’t like a party? I mean I know Maud doesn’t really but we could still make it work and then there’s all the princesses and their parties I mean I bet even Luna will still want a party and getting to celebrate with Nightmare Moon and the Pony of Shadows that’s like unprecedented and will be a challenge and I love a challenge.  In fact all these parties are going to be a challenge and I’m ready for them so I should probably let the girls know we better start planning soon, at least not until this sentence is done okay a few more words and okay now…

I think our work here is done.

271582758_pinkiesout11.thumb.png.43d431f61db318f7d69aeb8ba2d78895.png

Come on everypony, we can’t just be standing around her feeling sorry for ourselves, we’ve got a World Cup to celebrate!

Can't say I expected anything less for my favorite Mane 6. Yeah, I think she's taking this just fine.:laugh: 

• Brohoof 8

@Jeric So just so we’re clear, is it not even possible for another team to pick up Pinkie, at this point? 

Oh dear, what a shame. :( 

Well...at least Pinkie herself is feeling better now, as shown in @KH7672‘s post, above.  

• Brohoof 3
10 minutes ago, ChB said:

@Jeric So just so we’re clear, it’s not even possible for another team to pick up Pinkie, at this point? 

Oh dear, what a shame. :( 

Well...at least Pinkie herself is feeling better now, as shown in @KH7672‘s post, above.  

Correct. 

Note that I actually knew that team Moon was considering dropping her for a bit but had to maintain my objectivity and not say a word. 

Pinkie will be highly involved in the narrative now, and a strong motivation for some team to win. 

;)

• Brohoof 3
Just now, Jeric said:

Correct. 

Note that I actually knew that the team was considering dropping her for a bit but had to maintain my objectivity and not say a word. 

Pinkie will be highly involved in the narrative now, and a strong motivation for some team to win. 

;)

Yeah, motivation for my team to win. 

Just when they needed their party animal the most, Team Moon will now find itself walking into a battle of festivities unarmed, going up against the ultimate party town of Team Las Pegasus Sin City United! 

Spoiler

S.C.U! 

• Brohoof 1