Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the liklihood of MLP invading dougnut chains?

ManaMinori

Since I can't really name any candy shops (other than SEE's candy), and doughnut chains seem to be more plentiful- particularly around the U.S., I'd like to know if the community and target audience of pony fans would like something like this to be backed and organized by Hasbro. Chains such as Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Doughnuts, and others holding a one day or week long "Sugarcube Corner" type promotion event of some sort, in relation with Hasbro. Maybe, like Mc Donalds, they could have a set of collectable toys to purchase on their own, or when buying a limited edition Sugarcube Corner flavor of doughnut (it'd be great if different chains had different toys and doughnut flavors for the promotion) (I can only imagine what flavors Pinkie has to offer). Maybe photos with costumed MLP characters for the kiddies. Possibly even more!

How do you guys feel about such a thing?

• Brohoof 1

I mean if they sell other stuff it is likely as I have seen plenty of places like Starbucks and various unrelated stores sell something affiliated with mlp. I don’t think it would add much if some donut shop decided to also sell toys or merch.

51 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Chains such as Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Doughnuts, and others holding a one day or week long "Sugarcube Corner" type promotion event of some sort, in relation with Hasbro. Maybe, like Mc Donalds, they could have a set of collectable toys to purchase on their own, or when buying a limited edition Sugarcube Corner flavor of doughnut (it'd be great if different chains had different toys and doughnut flavors for the promotion)

^That sounds wonderful! \(^o^)/ I just had some doughnuts for the first time in over 6 years the other day, and now I am in a doughnut obsessed state of mind! I would totally go for some unique new frosting flavors/ dough colorings for MLP: FiM integration. The event should last like 1 - 2 months imo. 

54 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Maybe photos with costumed MLP characters for the kiddies. Possibly even more!

^Aahh, nooo! That would be totally creepy! Q.Q Keep those fursuits away from my precious American lolis, please! >.<

55 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

(I can only imagine what flavors Pinkie has to offer).

...... O_O; ......

Spoiler

oQMrhbq.jpg

If Hasbro sees it as a potential means of making more money, I'm sure they would be willing to consider this option. Then again, none of us know what they are thinking about when it comes to earning money.

I could see Dunkin Donuts doing a theme week...different donut each day for different pony.  It probably won't happen, but it is something I can envision.  Krispy Kreme is possible, but not as likely as Dunkin.

And yeah, a little toy to go with each day's donut would be neat as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that would be pretty cool, though sadly I would more than likely miss out on all that due to not having any doughnut shops around where I live ^_^

But still that would be pretty neat, maybe they could do a flavor set based off of the mane six, like a doughnut filled with rainbow cream for Rainbow Dash or a doughnut topped with all sorts of edible goodies for Pinkie Pie :ooh:

Extremely unlikely. These sort of promotions are typically not seen in the US market. In fact the most obvious animated tie-in isn't pony and for decades fans of Simpsons have wanted this to happen 

Finally the pink doughnut

Sorry, they just don't do this in our market. They want to appear grown up and such. Blame Starbucks..

• Brohoof 1

Hm. I think there are several wacky things out there that have potential to be poni-fied for profit, but donuts would probably be the least likely. It's hard to poni-fy a donut and be blatant about making it PONY, if that makes sense. I'm thinking birthday cakes and cookies are what we're rolling with for now ;) 

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...