movies/tv RIP Stephen Hillenburg

TheAnimationFanatic

What? No, that can't be. 

(After skimming the article)

I, I had no idea. He was diagnosed for months and I had no idea. :(

And I can't find a good genuine sad Spongebob clip to express my sadness

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 3

I didn't know ALS could take someone down so quickly...I am so deeply saddened by this. While I have not been into the new Spongebob episodes in over a decade, those first 3-4 seasons are simply magical and I love them so much. They have given me laughter from my early childhood all the way to this very day. I quote things from those episodes all the time and Stephen is why I have those quotes that make me laugh and smile. I am sure he knew it, but I hope he took that with him, the thought that he has brought joy and laughter to millions of people, because he did that and more. 

Tears flow easily on days like this.

• Brohoof 7

I can't believe a piece of my childhood died when I read Stephen Hillenburg died from ALS. It's clearly not fair for this year to take away something I held near and dear since I was 8 (even if Season 4-9 failed to live expectations). I have all three seasons of SpongeBob on DVD and now I felt quite heartbroken in seeing that he passed away. I just wish ALS never existed, but now SpongeBob will never be the same ever again...

• Brohoof 3

This was very shocking to me seeing as it appeared as a message on the bottom of the screen when I was watching CBC news this morning.

• Brohoof 2

RIP, He'll be missed but we thank you, Stephen Hillenburg for the great laughs and for bringing out the goofy goober in all of us! 

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, this is a bummer. I can remember that the early seasons of Spongebob were my favorite thing when growing up. Hell, even the Spongebob games like battle for bikini bottom and the spongebob movie I absolutely adored.

RIP :(

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

It's shocking how quickly he died. Buddy Valastro's mother lived with ALS for 8 years.

Stephen Hawking had it since he was a teenager and lived to 76, and he was given a few years to live. I think Hillenburg wasn't diagnosed that long ago. 

• Brohoof 2

My feelings right now :( :

Spoiler

Rest In Peace, my favorite cartoonist. Thank you for making our childhood wonderful. You will forever be in our hearts.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, MAIKUN said:

They can’t continue airing Spongebob now because of the passing. The point is: They should just cancel the show by removing it from TV, merchandise and iTunes instead. Right?

I don’t think pretty much erasing it would be a good way to pay respects. I can understand thinking the show should end and I’d be fine with that myself, but he made it clear to the crew that he loved what they were doing and wanted them to continue.

What Nick will be doing, though, is airing a marathon of episodes from the first 3 seasons this Sunday from noon-8 P.M.

Anyway, SpongeBob has been one of my favorite shows since I was a kid. It too bad that he wasn’t that old, but he still accomplished a lot. My condolences go out to his family, friends, and the SpongeBob crew.

• Brohoof 3