Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equestria about female supremacy?

Azureth

Think about it, nearly everypony on higher level of governments/organizations are all female dominated. We have all these powerful female princess' yet no power male princes'. Does Equestria really operate under female supremacy?

Maybe the stallions like being dominated by a strong willed mare. There is a whole industry built around that mentality.

:umad:

34 minutes ago, Azureth said:

Think about it, nearly everypony on higher level of governments/organizations are all female dominated. We have all these powerful female princess' yet no power male princes'. Does Equestria really operate under female supremacy?

That's a ridiculous idea. Just because it's a matriarchy, doesn't mean men can't be as equal as women in this world. We still see stallions doing important jobs like doctors. So no, I don't see the female supremacy. I just see a gentle and fun world. Regardless of which gender's in charge

Edited by Will Guide
Shorter and a bit more to the point

It was also one of the underlying intents of the show to create six female characters the world would center around. 

@Azureth I also updated the title to match the OP. 

• The title was changed to Is Equestria about female supremacy?

I think Equestria is going though a period of matriarchy - Because the Royal Sisters are by definition mares. But historically, they trained under (and deferred to) Starswirl, Fancy Pants is clearly a respected patriarch, Filthy Rich clearly has more financial clout (if not political clout) in Ponyville than anyone else, and so forth.

Another aspect of course is that there seems to be a significant disparity in numbers - there do seem to be many, many more mares than stallions in the Equestrian world, and as @Jeric points out, this is meant to be a female-enpowering show, so it makes sense that many of the protagonists (including of course all the Mane 6) would be female.

On 8/29/2019 at 3:09 PM, Jeric said:

Maybe the stallions like being dominated by a strong willed mare. There is a whole industry built around that mentality.

:umad:

Can someone pout me to Equestria? Maybe some hot mare could extend her affection to a human :mlp_bedeyes:

anyway, so far Equestria had only known female rulers, with exceptions being Pudding Head and Hurricane (Sombra is exempted due to being an usurper). Due to the show being mainly aimed towards girls is understandable, but no way it is an indication of being systematically sexist to stallions. A bit of trivia, I’ve stumbled upon the fact that most wild horses are led by a dominant mare, and the show isn’t new in showing a furry reminder or two. but I think that’s a coincidence :huh:

Edited by Steve Piranha

If people's interpretations give life to the fantasy, the answer lies in the fanfiction...

Then again, the cartoon did fancy itself feminist. Refreshing, if the biggest leader hadn't been such a tool and the most powerful character male. In the end, it only made the males look like wimps instead of showing strong female leadership. But the idea was great, in my opinion, even if the cartoon never did really make an overt point about it.

On 8/29/2019 at 3:09 PM, Jeric said:

Maybe the stallions like being dominated by a strong willed mare.

IMG_0581.GIF.bb71a20c3494b20ea1045daeb9c25101.GIF

Homina homina homina homina.... :wub:  *cough* *cough* anyway...

On 8/29/2019 at 2:49 PM, Azureth said:

Sombra would like a word with you. Hey, he might have been the baddie, but he was pretty darned competent and powerful, all things considered. Of major protagonists, the Pillars have three males, and the Young six have two. And we know there are male leaders, such as Prince Blueblood, but they were simply never given focus. The Dragons had one before Ember took over. The mayor of Hope Hollow is a stallion. Thorax took the throne after overthrowing Chrysalis.