Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread How are you feeling?

Rift enchanted

18 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Current feeling: Everything will be ok...I hope. image.gif.afde731956ec5b5d75d7ff5bb813b39f.gif

This quoted post is "How Are You Feeling?" topic-based anxiety. ^^

I feel like posting my feelings here isn't the best idea sometimes but I feel like I need to get the thought out to try to make myself stop thinking about it. 

I'm feeling kind've sad. So much has happened that's granted me more insight on a certain topic that I am just about to just drop altogether just to start anew with the direction that I *do* wish to have. But why does it hold such melancholy? Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning...

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-09-22 at 8:58 PM, Silky said:

I'm feeling kind've sad. So much has happened that's granted me more insight on a certain topic that I am just about to just drop altogether just to start anew with the direction that I *do* wish to have. But why does it hold such melancholy? Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning...

I do worry about the direction you wish to have, though hopeful you find the answer.  

Terrible.

My dad and my brother hates me for watching My Little Pony and wants me to finish watching it as soon as possible. How do I convince them to change their opinion and even to watch My Little Pony The Movie on Christmas?

The only close people supporting me for now are my sister (biggest supporter), my mum, psychologist (I love her) and (possibly) my younger sister. I feel like I'm lazy, like I almost only care about Ponies, not being productive. They maybe think that I'm unhealthy, that I'm "escaping", that I will move to other stuff like Hello Kitty (I don't care about Hello Kitty), and that I'm losing and will be "stuck in the parents basement watching ponies" instead of "having a job".

I feel like that it shouldn't be a problem but it is a problem that I'm watching a tv show.

Once I changed my computer wallpaper to My Little Pony and my dad forced me to change it back. (I mentally collapsed, I couldn't breathe) Speaking of wallpapers, I used to have mlp wallpaper on my phone (still using it whenever I go to school, and changing it everytime I go home. Yea, risky, but we have to be brave, am I right.) but my dad changed it without my permission and almost removed all MLP related screenshots (which are from Ambizar video). When I asked him why he did that he said "It's your fault". But I didn't do anything morally wrong, I just watch My Little Pony. I'm scared that one day, I will be watching a episode and my dad will turn off electricity, punish me and ban me from watching it. I don't want them to think I'm doing some stupid stuff and wasting time. (My dad already nicknamed me "time waster" and used that term multiple times, annoying me for it.) My dad once said "I would rather accept you becoming gay than watching horses".

Why can't we just live life, why do we have do deal with stupid Drama like this? Why do we have to "fit in"? I would to live. FREE (not doing stupid illegal stuff). Dude, it's a show about Pastel-colored horses learning about friendship, not a frickin' p*rn or a "stupid kids show" or a "Tea party-type girly show". I think I know why people left the fandom in 2015.

Edited by Sun Dash Note
Fixed text format (I have dyslexia and dysgraphia)

9 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

I do worry about the direction you wish to have, though hopeful you find the answer.  

Gosh, you're so kind. I worry for that as well.... but one thing I must keep consistent is being true to myself and my nature. So long as I do not stray from my true nature, I cannot suffer, right? No matter what happens or where I stand.... *hugs you tightly*

8 minutes ago, Sun Dash Note said:

Terrible.

My dad and my brother hates me for watching My Little Pony and wants me to finish watching it as soon as possible. How do I convince them to change their opinion and even to watch My Little Pony The Movie on Christmas?

The only close people supporting me for now are my sister (biggest supporter), my mum, psychologist (I love her) and (possibly) my younger sister. I feel like I'm lazy, like I almost only care about Ponies, not being productive. They maybe think that I'm unhealthy, that I'm "escaping", that I will move to other stuff like Hello Kitty (I don't care about Hello Kitty), and that I'm losing and will be "stuck in the parents basement watching ponies" instead of "having a job".

I feel like that it shouldn't be a problem but it is a problem that I'm watching a tv show.

Once I changed my computer wallpaper to My Little Pony and my dad forced me to change it back. (I mentally collapsed, I couldn't breathe) Speaking of wallpapers, I used to have mlp wallpaper on my phone (still using whenever I go to school. Yea, risky, but we have to be brave, am I right.) but my dad changed it without my permission and almost removed all MLP related screenshots (from Ambizar video). When I asked him why he did that he said "It's your fault". But I didn't do anything morally wrong, I just watch My Little Pony. I'm scared that one day, I will be watching a episode and my dad will turn off electricity, punish me and ban me from watching it. I don't want them to think I'm moving some stupid stuff and wasting time. (My dad already nicknamed me "time waster" and used that term multiple times, annoying me for it.) My dad once said "I would rather accept you becoming gay than watching horses".

Why can't we just live life, why do we have do deal with stupid Drama like this? Why do we have to "fit in"? I would to live. FREE (not doing stupid illegal stuff). Dude, it's a show about Pastel-colored horses learning about friendship, not a frickin' p*rn or a "stupid kids show" or a "Tea party-type girly show". I think I know why people left the fandom in 2015.

Well, let's try to figure out why they're so against it. Is it because of the stigma or the belief that it might make you an outcast or a "loser" in life. There's a lot of stereotypes and misinformation but I can assure you many of the members I've personally met from the fandom have been engineers, doctors, I myself am a serial entrepreneur who would secretly watch MLP:FiM in her back office while under "serious business" hours because... you know... needed the recharge of positive energy in the srs business mode of Pinkie Pie's voice: Enough chit chat, time is candy! XD

So, that stereotype can definitely be challenged. Sadly my being caught up in work caused me to miss out on all the fun of the forums around 2014-2018 era BUT it doesn't mean the fandom is no longer alive. 

"I would rather watch you becoming gay than watching horses..." But they're personified characters with complex personalities that teach actual life lessons? It really just seems like they have a very judgemental approach towards the show in general. I think their criticism is there to try to discourage you. Just stand your ground and if you need any friends to back you up and show how awesome the people behind the fandom can be then just reach out <3 <3 <3 

We're a crazy, fun-loving bunch but it's all very wholesome and lovely!

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Silky said:

Well, let's try to figure out why they're so against it. Is it because of the stigma or the belief that it might make you an outcast or a "loser" in life. There's a lot of stereotypes and misinformation but I can assure you many of the members I've personally met from the fandom have been engineers, doctors, I myself am a serial entrepreneur who would secretly watch MLP:FiM in her back office while under "serious business" hours because... you know... needed the recharge of positive energy in the srs business mode of Pinkie Pie's voice: Enough chit chat, time is candy! XD

So, that stereotype can definitely be challenged. Sadly my being caught up in work caused me to miss out on all the fun of the forums around 2014-2018 era BUT it doesn't mean the fandom is no longer alive. 

"I would rather watch you becoming gay than watching horses..." But they're personified characters with complex personalities that teach actual life lessons? It really just seems like they have a very judgemental approach towards the show in general. I think their criticism is there to try to discourage you. Just stand your ground and if you need any friends to back you up and show how awesome the people behind the fandom can be then just reach out <3 <3 <3 

We're a crazy, fun-loving bunch but it's all very wholesome and lovely!

Oh yes, cause Friendship is Magic!

Terrible one minute fine the next, I'm having tremors and it's hellish when you get them in your neck/throat/vocal chords, I literally hold my neck like half the day, my medication has messed me up and I definitely didn't help, I see my doctor in 2 days, hopefully I'll at least be decent by then, this shit is bullshit, but I'm dealing, yesterday night my tremors/shakiness was so bad I thought I was dying, super intense head rushes could hardly walk while having anxiety, just want out of this hell for good and once I'm out I'm never going back