Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What’s your political ideology?

Mlp_fan101

Okay so I’ve become pretty interested in politics lately but I don’t know much about it so I thought I could learn something from you all...:blush: 

if you want to tell me about your political ideology that would be great or just any political opinions in general I’d be really interested to hear about!^_^

Well I am neither left or right. I consider myself in the middle, although I do tend to lean to the right on most topics. Right-wing libertarian I guess you could call me. :sassy:

The big things I support are LGBT, environmental protection, and the right to own guns. I’m also a big supporter of following the constitution. 

• Brohoof 6

I'd say I'm pretty far to the left. Especially socially. I am very much an intersectional feminist, or at least I try my best to be. From a very young age I have seen prejudices against women and races as a great evil (and as I grew older I extended that to prejudice against homosexuals/transgender people, since when I was younger I didn't know of those concepts). Whether it's blatant or subtle (you know, like saying that LGBT people should not be represented in children's media), I have no tolerance for these prejudices. As I said, this is how I've been from a young age, and if this ever changes in me, you'll know a candle went out in my mind and something is very, very, very wrong.

Of course, I'm not just left for those reasons (but those reasons are why I am vehemently left and not conservative). I also believe in a firm separation of religion and government. Freedom of religion can not truly exist if the laws based on religions are making it into government, after all. I am also very pro public education, and vehemently opposed to vouchers for private schools (for many, many reasons, which are pretty much all related to everything I've said above). I am pro science. We need to stop denying evolution, global warming/climate change, etc. College education should be free. The rich should be taxed more. And gun control needs to be stricter.

Those are what come to me off the top of my head. There are, of course, even more issues then I've mentioned here that are important.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I consider myself to be a libertarian leftist.

Examples of some view points:

I think welfare needs to be expanded, but the government still needs to generally be shrunk down a bit in scope, in particular the legislature. More direct election system. Cut the taxes on the middle class, raise them on the rich. Also bust tax havens, and cut it out with the corruption.

I believe in the second amendment, but I think that background checks and a few common sense pieces of legislation on the issue are only sensible. The NRA has unfortunately corrupted US politics to the point where even things that are essentially common sense (like, you know, fixing the gun show loophole) are turned into two-sided issues (when they aren't). At the same time, "assault weapon" has yet to be defined, and I've yet to hear an exact suggestion on limiting magazine sizes.

I believe that most illicit substances should be legal. The way I see it, if tobacco and alcohol are legal, what's wrong with marijuana or cocaine being legal? They'll all kill you, and they're all mind-altering and addicting.

I personally hate: Neo-liberals (meaning, 99.9% of Democrats), the far right (which is slowly becoming mainstream conservatism), fascists and communists (but the former more), and holier than thou centrists. Also SJWs and Anti-SJWs (but the latter more). Right Libertarians are fine as long as they don't go off the deep end. In other words, most people who talk about politics right now. :dry: Because they're all intentionally divisive and beyond logic and reason.

Edited by Le Angel Dust
  • Brohoof 2

I'm a conservative libertarian that supports gun rights hates the extremist side left, supports LGBT rights and really dislike modern sjw bs injected into all media now days!

• Brohoof 7

I started off right-wing libertarian and now I've evolved into a left-wing libertarian. I used to think state tyranny was the biggest enemy, until I began to also see corporations as a source of tyranny and destruction in the world today that continues to grow while the common working person and the environment both get screwed over in the name of greed.

No one in current US politics completely fits what I believe, but I'm content with a lot of what the Greens have to offer and Bernie Sanders is my favorite of all current presidential candidates.

• Brohoof 1

I’m a little bit of a mix depending on the topics..

So here’s the overview. While I value individualism I believe collective society can be beneficial if it’s handle correctly. I like having rights but I also believe that there should be restrictions even if we have to make some small sacrifices to some of these rights. As long the outcome is all for the best for the society  and it’s not effecting ethic codes.   

I found this agreeable 

B34A6ED4-5B7E-49F8-A45B-EC5705AC637E.thumb.jpeg.73cbb783dcaf29f324d2df14f551ccdb.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Splashee said:

Different from most American beliefs (that Trump thing that everyone of you loves so much and voted for). That's all I can say. :sealed:

For the record, less than half of this county supports and/or voted for him, and a fair number did so because of failed promises by more conventional conservative candidates, and having a greater dislike for Hillary. There was also a surprising twist with some supporters of Bernie Sanders choosing to vote for Trump instead or not at all when he dropped out of the 2016 race.

Best way to some up my political ideology is to say that I'm a left leaning authoritarian moderate? On social issues I'm almost always progressive, but I'm also for order, security, and efficiency. I'm supportive of regulation but the mess of red tape needs to be untangled so we can complete projects and help others with minimal waste. I'm supportive of people exercising their freedom so long as it doesn't risk negatively affecting others. I'm supportive of taking the diplomatic approach, but I'm not willing to lose our status as the most powerful country to ever exist. I'm always willing to come to the table. I shake my head at people on both sides. Ultimately we need to do what's best for our country, and the people in it, and sometimes that means there's going to be a few slaps on the wrist.

• Brohoof 2

None. Peace and quiet over the trifles of transient affairs. Luckily, this is a truth all living beings come to meet sooner or later.

And with that in mind, isn't it curious for such short-lived creatures to spend so much time struggling over the illusion of ideology, instead of finding common ground with one another?

Perhaps that's the reason, too fleeting to see the bigger picture.

• Brohoof 2

I am a Liberal Nihilist. I believe in everyone having a chance to have some kind of happy existence even at the expense of the ultra rich being a teensy less ultra rich and that things can and should change if the system is broken. The Nihilist part comes from all of that now being basically impossible. Everything is about celebrity worship, wanting money, power, and for the peasants like me that cannot obtain those things, then it is about being a cogwheel in the system. Respected by nobody and living a life not worth living. I don't have much hope in anything these days.

• Brohoof 2

I went from left, to center, to right. Currently undecided about whether I'm libertarian or conservative because I honestly don't care too much about politics. I agree with moderate liberal stances on LGBT, abortion, and climate change, but the left no longer agrees with my deeply held personal values about the rejection of victim mentality and the importance of truth and reason at all. I agree with the right on more issues now. Fully believe in keeping the economy as is, minimal business regulation, the importance of a nation's identity, gun rights, and especially freedom of speech. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm closest to a Right Wing Populist,

I'm for immigration, but heavilly against illegal immigration,

I'm pro death-penalty, pro cannabis legalisation for recreaional use,

I'm more for a health system closer to France than our current broken and wasteful system in UK,

I call for lowering taxes for rich and poor

• 7 months later...