Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

I go by 2 names when on the Interwebs.

I'm called Idgo by my older friends because I started my whole online identity on a PS3 game called LittleBigPlanet, which has an awesome community. My dad set up my PSN account and set it to what he calls all his accounts, "idgowans". Of course being a newby I didn't know the name was fixed, so when I met people and made friends they called me "Idgo" for short. So...yeah.

SwirlyBourbons came around when I started doing things outside the game and didn't want to go by an alias I didn't choose, so I pretty much paired two random words together and "SwirlyBourbons" was the result. I'm occasionally called "Swirly", but since most of my online friends are from LBP they've settled on Idgo. I'd rather be Swirly, but hey, you get what you're given. :P

One day, I wanted to troll a bunch of people with a several year long prank.

I realized I'd need a catchier name than "Fuyohaki Natsuyuki" that I had been going by on the internet up till then.

I thought about it.

Gamey the Geemer was the first thing that popped in my head.

Let's see; history of me online:

WoW: Marpal: the name came off a combination of the net name I used on one of my old handles MarikX (which later became one gamer name) and I played.. almost religiously a Paladin.

StarCraft: MarikX;  I didn't get into StarCraft until after Warcraft and my teen age giggle group days of MSN/AIM/Yahoo/What have you.

ShatteredGalaxy; PureEducatin:  Now I know its a mis-spell but that was the character type limit.  The name was because I build in the games main stats (1/4) Education.  Many people called me stupid and a ducker a lot, but only because their ten men died to my five men with the best gear possible. Only played one season (2007-2008) before I left for...

Age of Armor; MarikX:  Returned to my old handle for this Sci-Fi game.  Played two years and ran with a group called Merc Raiders. Stayed for three years in Merc Raiders playing the following:

Wolf Team, Age of Armor, GunZ, Nexon Games, Jade Dynasty.  After Dynasty broke from MR to play

Diablo 2: MarikX;  Played  Necro for one year with buddies.  Went solo gamer after D2

Runescape; ScaradinX:  Another mix after deciding a new name for myself.  Wanted to show some pride for my battle wound (look at surgery thread) and Paladin love again.  The X is there because of its meaning for Limitless power and potential

Maple Story: ScarLordX:  Dont even know what drew me to this.

Every Areia Games game: ScarLordX:  each one lasted one-two months.  S4 was my longest at 4 because my pc was awesome at the time, pc sucks now gave up S4.

League of Legends: ScarLordX88: If you've seen me im the annoying person either playing Ryze/Master Yi/Annie/ Cho'Gath.... You're welcome! :P

MegaMan8-bit Deathmatch; Gaming Brony:  After discovering MPL:FiM for myself I adapted this name and "attempt" to play this.  PC is still awful and I completely suck at FSP, but I have fun.

Arriving at this name: SacredHooves.  I didnt want a normal boring sounding pony name, and I wanted to emphasize the fact that I stand for the moral way of things.  While yes I am a Southern Baptist Christian I don't ram the Bible down people's gullets.  I respect peoples views, and only speak of mine when asked.  I combined the word Sacred (meaning just that, its a very important thing) with many words.

Stallion sounded too BS-ful, Brony sounded too arsey (And deathwishing)  I chose Hooves because it was the only thing I could think of.  I was gonna go with ScarredHooves but I didn't know how that would set the opening tempo without a life story (AKA see Surgery thread)http://mlpforums.com/topic/86931-have-you-ever-had-surgery/page-5#entry2276419

I think that bout does it.  If I did get into gaming here with peeps id prolly land more on Scarred than Sacred for my names

Edited by SacredHooves
  • Brohoof 1

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey

Alojzy Rudolf is a Polish name, but my user is just Alojzy.

It used to be the disgusting wretch Cliff_Racer_562, until I changed it.

Edited by Alojzy

Anesthesia is from Anthesia, a random name a made.

Tromino is another random name I made.

Then made Tromino longer into Trewominuby.

Then the "nuby" from Trewominuby into NoobyRuby.

Then the "Ruby" part into Rubiseye (my Minecraft username).

Well. Um. I love Discord. And I didn't want to do something generic like "DiscordsSoCool" or "DiscordRulez", so I just started making stuff up, and the one that stuck with me was TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos.

It sounded like something he'd call himself, and it made me laugh, so I decided it was a keeper. ^_^

My name on the other pony forum I used to be on was Evil Enchantress (named after the song, obviously) then when Game Grumps got popular a few members changed their names to Grump and Not So Grump so I decided to rip off their idea and make my name Game Grump-ish and I just decided to keep it when I came here.  :P

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress

I liked the idea that when I posted in threads, someone would say "Ooooo! Something Floaty!", and it would draw attention to me and my incredible sense of humor, thereby making me both the center of attention and the most beloved person in the universe. So far though, it hasn't happened. Maybe people are put off by my quiet humility? It's tough being modest when you are as awesome as I am, but I try...

I was in the chipmunk fandom for a while and my favorite character was Simon, so I registered on a site with that name.  Everybody called me Simon, because they didn't have another name for me.  Then when I started talking to fandom friends on skype and offline, they continued to call me that even though they knew my actual name. So it stuck, and now I go by it on the interwebs.

• Brohoof 1

The nerdyest inside joke ever=misspelling of a particle becomes a nickname.

(I spell it right this username, but my others are 'nutrino' or 'newtonktroll' or the previous two with 99 on the end)