Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you still look down at your keyboard when writing?

Muffinnz

I used to not look down at the keyboard but then I kinda got lazy and got in the habit of looking down again. But i still use the correct fingers for the right keys.

I type pretty quickly on my phone tho

• Brohoof 1

I used to all the time, but since I've been typing a lot over the past year I've gotten a little more comfortable with not looking at the keyboard. Now I generally glance back and forth between the two, but I'm trying to get to the point where I don't need to look at the keyboard. And I do not use the home row or anything like that. My fingers go wherever they want.

I actually never asked myself this until now :sealed:

I think that I look at the keyboard most of the time occasionally glancing at the screen.

• Brohoof 1

I, too, am one of those kinds who looks at his keyboard while typing... in fact, I've gotten good enough at it that I even know when I've mistyped, and will go back and correct it without even looking up.  (Though I still try to look over all my posts before I hit Enter.)

• Brohoof 1

I've been trying to learn to touch type, but my goodness I'm terrible at it. My hands have a mind of their own and wander a bit, so I've gotta look down every so often to make sure they're behaving!

I always look down on the keyboard. :) I also just use two fingers. Let's try and see what happens when I type with closed eyes!

Hello deaf pony friends, I feel wonderfl roday!

Oh, that's not too bad, I guess. Just looking at it once to have a starting point. This could be some kind of forum game. :fluttershy:

46 minutes ago, Cocokoru said:

I always look down on the keyboard. :) I also just use two fingers. Let's try and see what happens when I type with closed eyes!

Hello deaf pony friends, I feel wonderfl roday!

Oh, that's not too bad, I guess. Just looking at it once to have a starting point. This could be some kind of forum game. :fluttershy:

Actually their is a forum game for this! It's just buried underneath a lot of posts.

• Brohoof 2

I've been addicted to the internet for like 16-17 years now, and a like 14 or so of those years was spent in a room where I didn't even have much room to pull out the keyboard, as I was pushed up against my bed. Needless to say, I learned not to have to look down at the keyboard for the bulk of typing functions. Unless I have to enter special characters, or need one of the rarely used function keys like Delete, Insert, etc. I don't have to look down at the keyboard at all.

• Brohoof 1