Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine @Bastian @Pastel-chan @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad

Before Raze could protest, he reluctantly ended up at a buffet with Samurai and a bunch of other ponies he didn't know. He quietly returned the toast, quickly emptied the contents of his cup, then stood up.

"Well, this has been... interestin', to say the least, but..." He turned his gaze towards Samurai. 

"...You and I need to talk. I'll wait for you outside." He grabbed his longsword next to him, gave a slight nod to rest of the group and quietly walked outside the entrance of the restaurant.

Edited by Jack Baker

Pencil sat down at the buffet once her plate was relatively full along with Dynamo, Samurai, Pastel, and the others. She spread the food out a bit with her magic since some of it mushed together on her way over. Pencil sniffed at it a bit and was instantly infatuated with the aromas.

She began to pick up her food until she noticed a couple of ponies in the group stand up hastily and leave. She stared at them with a mixed expression of confusion and annoyance. They had just got here and they already wanted nothing to do with his place. Pencil sat dumbfounded but did so with her food pulled closer as to not garner any attention to herself. Shrugging her shoulders, Pencil bent her head down and munched on her breakfast, pretending not to care that half the group was gone.

23 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Kronos the Revenant@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare, @Bastian, @Pastel-chan

Samurai was also happy to see Pastel and gave her head a pet.

He also listens to what Dynamo has to say. "Sorry, my friend. I'd love to hear more about it over dinner. Maybe somepony made a recording of it." Samurai suggests.

Still, it was quite jarring to find out the threat was just a false alarm.
Upon hearing Astral's request, he nods. "Everypony, I know just the place. It's a big buffet restaurant that has all the best dishes in town." Before Astral can get too far, Samurai puts a hoof on his shoulder and whispers. "Don't take the false alarm too seriously. There was a threat tonight, and it might not be completely gone." Samurai suggests, hoping Astral will understand that it might not have been a completely false alarm after all.

Samurai hears Dynamo's suggestion. "That's very nice of you to offer. If that's what you want to do, I won't stop you." Samurai takes a moment to write down the address of the restauran and give it to Dynamo. He and/or Astral can catch up later, if they want. "Come on, everypony! This way. I'll pay for the food tonight. My treat." Samurai leads the way.

Dynamo shook his head, while giving Samurai and understanding smile. "That's okay and no need to apologize. I didn't know someone could record the songs. It would make for a good highlight of how the festival had went. Sort of like an advertisement of future events yet to come." Dynamo suggested. As he heard about the restaurant, Dynamo nodded as he could hear his stomach beginning to growl. "Talking about food is starting to make me hungry. I don't doubt that this restaurant must sound pretty good. I'm guessing it caters to every kind of cuisine that anypony is looking for?" 

He nodded as he offered to stay behind. He pulled back his hoof as he thought he saw Pencil flinch. He gave her an apologetic look, while hoping he hadn't done anything wrong. Perhaps it would be better for him to talk to her about it. Given that they had just met and he wasn't sure if they were exactly friends. At the moment, he knew Astral was someone he needed to help first. Waiting for his friend in case he needed reassurance, or catching up on finding the restaurant. "If there's one thing I won't do is to just leave a friend behind. We'll catch up before you know know it." He thanked Samurai, before allowing the group to take their leave for the restaurant.

12 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Pastel-chan @ExplosionMare @Bastian

Astral sighed once more as he collected himself, rising up from his sat position. He knew that he was only trying to defend the others, and his serious attitude was necessary until the shadow's reveal.

"Well, I can't just sit here moping forever. But I must say, the night sky sure is beautiful tonight. Each star sharing a portion of the sky, all connected..."

Astral paused and looked towards the town, trying to locate the group.

"Dynamo, Pastel, Samurai and the others, it's been quite the visit so far. But I guess for now, there's nothing to report to the EWA. But if I do help solve this town's friendship problem, will I be on the road again? Should I even have to tell them?"

Astral turned his head to the night sky once more, whistling in the wind as his horn glowed, and magic began to take place. A blue light shot out from his horn, exploding into the sky as it reached the highest distance, and then showered down in an array of shooting stars.

"I guess it can wait, the important thing is that I have fun and help in anyway I can." As Astral finished his sentence, his stomach growled even louder than before, like an angry grizzly bear.

"Okay Mr. grouchy, you win. Let's go find the others, I'm starving!"

Astral left the stage, locking the theater doors behind him as he'd promised, and made his way into town. Eventually he found the group sitting together, and Astral made his way over to join them.

"Hey guys, got room for one more?"

Dynamo wanted to walk up towards his friend, but he soon could hear himself muttering to himself. He quickly found a hiding spot to make sure he wasn't caught for spying. Dynamo could understand as he had times of talking to himself about one thing or another. "The EWA? What in Equestria is that? Is that some kind of organization?" He whispered to himself in wonder. It seemed that Astral had some secrets about him that even he didn't know about. They had known each other for a day or two, but Dynamo had to realize that there were secrets that were made to be kept hidden. Whether that pony wanted to explain themselves or not. It wasn't his place to say or question, but hopefully he could ask Astral about it. He knew that he'd have to apologize first. In the off chance that it was rude of him to overhear his friend. 

He almost jumped out of his hiding spot as he heard an explosion reaching into the highest part of the sky. He looked in awe as his eyes widened at how incredible the shooting stars looked. 'I guess it's no wonder why his name is Astral Visions. Given how he can make his magic into a projection of stars.' He thought as he heard the blue pony began to make his way off of the stage. Dynamo made sure to keep a safe distance away from Astral, while following behind him towards the restaurant. After some time had passed, Dynamo had managed to follow Astral into the eating establishment. He made sure to tell the staff the name of the group to be allowed to join said group. 

"Hey, you guys. Sorry about that. I had to get something back home, before stopping over. The only problem was that I think I misplaced the book from the library in my room. I'll have to check later, but I hurried over here as soon as I could. I hope I didn't miss anything." He would say, taking an available seat as he thought he had seen Samurai making a toast. 

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Bastian @Jack Baker 

Wow, the party was really filling up now! Little Pastels head was practically spinning! Is this the point in the story where she has to pick who goes in front?

@Dynamo Pad

She giggled and posed in her dress as she walked, imagining herself at the Gala. By all rights and standards shes a pauper pony; stuff like that was a dream! But maybe if her adventure took her there...

"Hehe, we can go to the Gala together someday! I'll be your first dance~ and then, and then you can show me a buncha scary movies since you know so much!"

@Kronos the Revenant

Oh, it was that pony from the concert! He acted kinda funny. He didnt seem to be in a celebratory mood...

All this talk of getting it over with, destroying stuff, even Pastel couldn't help but giggle and shes probably the biggest oddball of the bunch. She bumped up against Kronos and gave him a big smile, even if that wasn't a good idea.

"Cheer up there, space pirate! No need to be so serious, hehe. Let's all have fun!"

@Samurai Equine

As they arrived at the table to eat before presumably dispersing for the night, Pastel unceremoniously flopped onto a chair... only to find it too small. After flailing in annoyance, she hopped off, somehow located a pillow (Celestia knows from where) and threw it onto the chair before sitting up. NOW it was a fit!

"I want your best meats! Maybe hamburgers and fries! Uh... they do those here right?"

Quite an appetite for a tiny filly.

@Astral Vision

Pastel waved as if trying to wave down a ship to get rescued from an island.

"You can make it! Take my hoof! The trip to Meribia won't be the same without you!"

...Obscure references aside, Pastel was happy to see him.

1 minute ago, Pastel-chan said:

She giggled and posed in her dress as she walked, imagining herself at the Gala. By all rights and standards shes a pauper pony; stuff like that was a dream! But maybe if her adventure took her there...

"Hehe, we can go to the Gala together someday! I'll be your first dance~ and then, and then you can show me a buncha scary movies since you know so much!"

After Dynamo went to go and grab his plate and dinner for the evening, he sat back down in his original seat as ordered something to drink. He would make sure to try and pay Samurai back for the dinner, but he didn't know that Samurai had said that dinner was on him. Seeing as how he stayed behind for Astral. The gamer pony chuckled as he saw Pastel pose in her dress. 

"In that case, I look forward to that day, Pastel-chan. If the gala and Canterlot doesn't happen, then I can imagine there might be a dance festival or sorts at Friendshire. I'll hold you up to that dance offer. I wouldn't say I'm an expert on scary movies, but I'm a fan of some films. Now video games. Those are some things that I'm an expert at knowing." He would say with a chuckle. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

“No, I have a flight suit inside my saddlebag and i'm planning on using it tonight” Shadow said. She then went and open her saddlebag, getting her camera out “Maybe i should go outside and go to the school you are talking about, Trilby?”

@Jack Baker

Delight beamed “Sure, darling, have fun!” she sighed as Raze left. She turn around close the door behind her using her magic “Oh, i imagine he could be somepony's night and shining Armor!” she squaeled to herself. 

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

After Dynamo went to go and grab his plate and dinner for the evening, he sat back down in his original seat as ordered something to drink. He would make sure to try and pay Samurai back for the dinner, but he didn't know that Samurai had said that dinner was on him. Seeing as how he stayed behind for Astral. The gamer pony chuckled as he saw Pastel pose in her dress. 

"In that case, I look forward to that day, Pastel-chan. If the gala and Canterlot doesn't happen, then I can imagine there might be a dance festival or sorts at Friendshire. I'll hold you up to that dance offer. I wouldn't say I'm an expert on scary movies, but I'm a fan of some films. Now video games. Those are some things that I'm an expert at knowing." He would say with a chuckle. 

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel-chan

Astral laughed at Pastel's usual antics as he grabbed his plate, filling it with even proportions to sate his hunger. As he sat down, he turned to the other ponies, a grand smile painting his face.

"All events for the future are worth considering, but today you both shined brightly onstage. Enjoy yourselves tonight, and good job both of you. I might not be the best dancer, but I wouldn't mind going to the gala, if I was invited of course. Now if either of you want to hear a scary story, I've read quite a few in my time, so let me know if you wish to hear some".

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel-chan

Astral laughed at Pastel's usual antics as he grabbed his plate, filling it with even proportions to sate his hunger. As he sat down, he turned to the other ponies, a grand smile painting his face.

"All events for the future are worth considering, but today you both shined brightly onstage. Enjoy yourselves tonight, and good job both of you. I might not be the best dancer, but I wouldn't mind going to the gala, if I was invited of course. Now if either of you want to hear a scary story, I've read quite a few in my time, so let me know if you wish to hear some".

Dynamo smiled and gave his friend a grateful look, before knowing he would hopefully talk to Astral privately about what he had heard. For now, he would keep things casual like it was before. They were out celebrating, after all. "Thanks for the kind words, Astral. I was nervous, but after seeing you and Pastel in the crowd. Along with Pencil watching from back stage, it wasn't really that scary. I loosened up and began to have fun with singing and dancing." He would say, before shaking his head. "I wouldn't sell yourself short, my friend. Everyone has their own dance styles. At least that's what my mom says. Seeing as how she's a dance instructor in Fillydelphia. She knows just about every single kind of dance style, while teaching other ponies how to dance. It's her way to help ponies to express themselves if they ever want to take up dancing, or if they are troubled and need some sort of guidance."

At the mention of a scary story, Dynamo shivered slightly in his seat. All the while, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "When you put it that way, I think it would be cool to listen to some scary stories. Perhaps we should all have a sort of sleepover party so we can all listen to such stories. That is, if everyone is up for that kind of party. I wouldn't say that telling scary stories would be fitting in a restaurant quite like this." He would say, looking around the area, before he began to eat his dinner.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo smiled and gave his friend a grateful look, before knowing he would hopefully talk to Astral privately about what he had heard. For now, he would keep things casual like it was before. They were out celebrating, after all. "Thanks for the kind words, Astral. I was nervous, but after seeing you and Pastel in the crowd. Along with Pencil watching from back stage, it wasn't really that scary. I loosened up and began to have fun with singing and dancing." He would say, before shaking his head. "I wouldn't sell yourself short, my friend. Everyone has their own dance styles. At least that's what my mom says. Seeing as how she's a dance instructor in Fillydelphia. She knows just about every single kind of dance style, while teaching other ponies how to dance. It's her way to help ponies to express themselves if they ever want to take up dancing, or if they are troubled and need some sort of guidance."

At the mention of a scary story, Dynamo shivered slightly in his seat. All the while, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "When you put it that way, I think it would be cool to listen to some scary stories. Perhaps we should all have a sort of sleepover party so we can all listen to such stories. That is, if everyone is up for that kind of party. I wouldn't say that telling scary stories would be fitting in a restaurant quite like this." He would say, looking around the area, before he began to eat his dinner.

Astral nodded, and gave a quick response before he began to eat.

"Very true, Dynamo. Everything has a time and place, so now might not be the best setting. Plus, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable scaring Pastel, no matter how brave she is."

@Dynamo Pad

"Ooohh, like a slumber party!? I've never had one of those before! We should do it!"

@Astral Vision

She listened and ate her meal the way a squirrel would. Quick, and protectively, as if someone was gonna steal her fry. Hearing Dynamo talk about his mom made her realize, she should prolly write a letter to her grandpa. She wonders how he would react. He'd either write back and congratulate her, or get so excited he'd track her down and make sure everything is "Shoal class". If he came to Friendshire... Holy hayseed!

She squinted at Astral with his last comment, puffing her cheeks out. She seemed offended for some reason. She swallowed and pointed at him.

"Hey whaddaya mean by that!? I've seen Slashermare 1 through 10 like, a gajillion times! I ain't no chicken liver!"

@Pastel-chan

Kronos noticed a filly bump into him. He gave a befuddled grunt as he turned to look at her. When he saw her, he gave a little chuckle and patted her head. 

A space pirate? a voice asked. 

I believe it’s meant to be a compliment, another answered, she’s appears to merely be a child, after all. 

She’s rather adorable. a third voice commented. 

“I’m no space pirate, kiddo,” Kronos replied to her, “I’m what people call a nomadic shin-obi for hire, a swords-pony with no master who works for money” He then leans in closer to her to whisper “And between you and me, I’m not really from Equestria.” He gave her a light chuckle. “Im really here to regain allegiance between Equestria and my home country of Ragnarok. To.....make new friends in a new country if you will.” 

(edited)

@Kronos the Revenant@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare, @Pastel-chan

He knew that he was wanted outside, but Samurai wanted to wait a moment an enjoy his time with friends just a little bit. "Would you judge me if I showed you my oriental dance style? It's not very popular here, believe it or not. I get more attention out of stuff like this." Finding a few napkins, Samurai quickly makes some origami cranes. He passes them out to Dynamo, Astral, Pencil, Pastel, and even Kronos. "Although, I bet this is nothing compared to what you're capable of." Samurai says to Kronos, trying to compliment his skills.

"Really? You've seen Slashermare? Heh. I should have known their was something special about you. If I had half your energy when I was your age, I could have become a true samurai much faster." Samurai says to Pastel, implying that his name 'Samurai Equine' might not be his actual name.

...Samurai looks over his shoulders. "I'll be right back. I need to take care of one last piece of business." As he gets up, he gives Dynamo Pad a heavy little pouch. "Here. This has all my money in it. You seem like a trust worthy pony, and I'm a very good judge of character when I need to be. If everypony finishes up before I return, feel free to pay for the bill on my behind, with a 10% tip. That way, tonight's dinner is still on me."

He steps outside.

@Bastian@Jack Baker

Samurai finally joins Forest and Raze. "Sorry for the short wait. It just seemed rude to my other friends to step away just as soon I sat down."

He looks at them seriously. "All right, Forest. I know you've been wanting to tell me something all night. And Raze, you seem to have something on your mind to. I'm ready to hear you both out. I won't make any promises until I know what the important issue is, so for now, you've got my undivided attention."

@Windy Breeze

Trilby nods. "First thing tomorrow. Promise. For now, it's late, and we both need our sleep. You might not remember, but you just went through quite an ordeal tonight. You might find that you're more tired than you realize." Trilby says, laughing to himself just a little bit.

"Goodnight, Shadow. Sweet dreams..." Trilby turns and walks away, headed next door to his clothing shop. There is no bed there, and no one should sleep in the same place where you work for a living. However, Trilby is a gentleman and wants to give Shadow Trail as much space and privacy as possible. Even if that means letting her borrow his entire house.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

While not visible due to the face mask, Kronos gave a confident smirk at Samurai’s compliment. He watched the pony fold the napkins with such dexterity and appreciated how delicate and expertly crafted the cranes were.

He then saw Samurai walk out really quickly and his visage of relaxation returned to that of suspicion. He signaled the rest of the party to excuse himself. He feigned a trip to the restroom and snuck out. He leapt to the top of the building and made sure to not make any discernible shadows or noises as he went to a couple of other rooftops to listen in on a possible conversation. His military instincts are kicking in once again. He needs some intel as to what’s going on. Every bone, both natural and artificial, is telling him something is going on here, and he needed to find out what that was. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

@Samurai Equine

Shadow smiled as Trilby left “Bye Trilby” she said. 

Just as if she was in a loop, Shadow open her saddlebag, dressed herself with her Shadowbolt uniform and began posing for the round mirror, repeating what she said early in the morning when she posed for Loop's mirror. She fall into fit of chuckle as she look at herself before returning her flight suit back to her saddlebag before she lay on the bed on her back, smiling.

“Maybe i should eat dinner with him” she whispered to herself. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Raze cleared his throat, and looked Samurai directly in the eye.

"I'm gonna need more... information about what's been going on in this town," he said to him. "If that thing from earlier is really what I think it is, I'm gonna need all the help I can get, capische?" 

@Jack Baker

It seems Samurai had left Forest waiting too long, for he had decided to leave, with no word or promise of his return.

But Raze was still here. "Information? I'm just as much in the dark about what happened tonight as you are. While organizing a concert event, I just barely sensed the malicious aura of something dangerous. When I finally had a moment to break free, I went to investigate it, and ran into you. As far as I know, the ghost of Nightmare Moon was haunting an innocent mare. We managed to scare that ghost off and save the mare, for now. Thankfully with no deaths along the way." Samurai explains. "We may need to find out more about Shadow Trail in due time, but for now, I feel the town is momentarily safe."

Samurai takes a moment to breath. "If you want information about the city... Once upon a time, this city was founded by two mayors who worked together. They hoped this town would flourish. Instead, it did not, and the brothers drifted apart. The only way to save this town, and to reunite the mayors, is through this." Samurai pulls out his puzzle box. "This is the Laronde Box, a magic puzzle box that will slowly show the way to saving this town. The closer I get to solving it, the more clues it gives me. It told me to attract new citizens to this town, and I did. It told me to organize a music concert, and I have." Samurai puts the box away. "Solving that puzzle box is my mission. I may be a long ways away, but I'm not done yet. Still, if you ever want to help, feel free to visit my house some day. I have a work shop full of notes on how much work I've put into the puzzle box."

There is a brief, cool gust of wind in the air. "Was there anything else you needed?"

@Samurai Equine

Raze stared at the puzzle box in Samurai's hoof.

"Hmm..." he pondered at it for a bit, then sighed. "Well, I seem to have some sort of idea about what's happening now... that's all I need for the moment. I'll let you know if there's anything else I need in the coming days."

He turned around and began to walk back to Delight's house, but stopped briefly. "Oh, by the way... send your half-payment to the house of one Sundae Delight, yeah? It's where I'm staying at." He then waved his hoof once and continued to walk.

@Windy Breeze

After a few minutes, he arrived back at Delight's house, and lightly knocked on the door.

@Windy Breeze

“Coming~!” Delight sang as she open the door using her magic, revealing Raze “Oh, hello, Raze. How's the stroll around town? I've prepared some water spinach omellet at the kitchen” she smiled. This was her first time she receive a guest and she will do her best to make everything comfy for him. 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

"Sounds good," Raze said with a slight smile. "As for my little walk, it wasn't anything too big, just needed to get some information is all..." He followed her back. "Just a little bit is good, yeah? I ended up getting sucked into some buffet in town from my client... not that I can complain, but..."

@Samurai Equine

A ghost of Nightmare Moon? Kronos asked himself, And a puzzle box? This city gets more and more bizarre the more i learn about it.

He then retreated back to the restroom and went back to the party, seemingly undisturbed as one would be coming back from the restroom, but had a slight uneasiness on the inside. 

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare@Pastel-chan, @Kronos the Revenant

Seeing Raze take his leave, Samurai bows and returns to the restaurant.

Thankfully, everyone is still there. "Sorry about that, every pony! What did I miss? Hope you all left room for dessert." As Samurai takes his seat, he feels blessed to have made so many new friends in such a short amount of time.

@Samurai Equine
What do you think? a voice asked, Should we ask for for intel?

No, Kronos replied, We can’t just go interrogating this guy. He’s our gracious host. Just leave it be for now but dont forget the intel we got. 

Besides, another voice added, He made us this beautiful and delicate napkin crane. Such beautiful craftsmanship. 

Ugh, you and your whimsy over art. It’s a freaking napkin for Azoth’s sake. 

Lock it down, all of you, Kronos interjected, your incessant prattling might cause us to blow up........again. So please. CALM. THE FUCK. DOWN. 

His voices remained still and silent. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

@Jack Baker

“Oh...” Delight's ears drooped and her happy expression had melted slightly but went back to normal “Oh, it's alright, since I'm also hungry, I can eat all the food all by myself. The 'others' have just finished eating so there will be no problem” she told Raze. 

Shadow's POV

“Shadow Trail, a former Shadowbolt now a freelance photographer” Shadow muttered to herself as she stared at the ceiling “Argh, maybe I should do something while he's gone” she stood up and went to get her Shadowbolt Uniform and dressed herself, posing at the mirror again before deciding to get her camera and go out of the bedroom “i wish Trilby had a room full of books and I even look a little... cute in this flight suit” she blushed, her wings threatening to unfold “I hope Trilby mistaken this as a costume” 

• Brohoof 1