Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

Kronos is sitting still underneath a blossom tree. He has his zither on his lap. He plucks a few strings and slowly breathes in the air around him. He continues to play a calming tune. He opens his eyes, looks from side to side. 

No one seems to be around, he thought, now’s good a time as any to try out the zephyr zither technique. 

He began to play slightly more aggressive tunes and forcefully flicked the strings forward, sending violent gusts of wind around. He took some stones and threw then into the air. He played a few more notes and flicked his wrists towards the rocks as they landed. Each stone was cleanly sliced where the wind met their marks. 

Hmm, Kronos thought, that merchant that sold me this zither knew what he was talking about. Shame he didn’t know anything about negotiating. I practically got this for a steal. A mere 20 bits for a weapon of this caliber that’s perfectly concealed in plain sight. 

He resumed playing it calmly and set forth more calm breezes.

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

@Astral Vision, @Kronos the Revenant, @Jack Baker

Samurai can't help but notice how much the town has changed. He could swear there is music in the air, but he doesn't know where it's coming from. Still, it's a good groove!

However, he doesn't have too much time to think about it. "Oh! Goodmorning, Astral. Saw the building did you? It's a surprise gift for Raze. Well, if I can find him, that is... I completely forgot where he said he was living." Samurai shrugs. "After that, I'm going to be doing some charity work. But I am glad you're here. How has your research been going? Maybe you could help me with the puzzle box, if you're not too busy."

@Windy Breeze

Trilby nods. "Just like I said I would."

Trilby goes to the kitchen. There is an island/dining table combo in the middle of the kitchen. He starts to go through his supplies. "What would you like more, breakfast muffins or oatmeal? We've got plenty of fruits, hay, and even some dark chocolate chips if you like."

2 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision, @Kronos the Revenant, @Jack Baker

Samurai can't help but notice how much the town has changed. He could swear there is music in the air, but he doesn't know where it's coming from. Still, it's a good groove!

However, he doesn't have too much time to think about it. "Oh! Goodmorning, Astral. Saw the building did you? It's a surprise gift for Raze. Well, if I can find him, that is... I completely forgot where he said he was living." Samurai shrugs. "After that, I'm going to be doing some charity work. But I am glad you're here. How has your research been going? Maybe you could help me with the puzzle box, if you're not too busy."

@Windy Breeze

Trilby nods. "Just like I said I would."

Trilby goes to the kitchen. There is an island/dining table combo in the middle of the kitchen. He starts to go through his supplies. "What would you like more, breakfast muffins or oatmeal? We've got plenty of fruits, hay, and even some dark chocolate chips if you like."

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad

Astral chuckled at Samurai's forgetfulness, but was happy to see such generosity and dedication towards others.

"My research has been iffy at most for now. What is certain is that the two mayors used to get along, but 'something' happened which caused them to drift apart. I'm not sure if this 'something' is a curse, but I can't say. Most curses have traces of dark magic, they can also somewhat agitate nearby locals with their influence. I didn't find any evidence of dark magic yesterday, but I know I felt something off."

Astral paused to take a sigh, and then continued.

"If only I could have a word with either of these mayors, or even this 'Final Premonition' pony you mentioned before. If I could, then maybe we could get some answers. As for the non-confusing tasks at hand, I promised Dynamo that I would teach him some magic, and I feel today I should keep that promise. I just hope I can juggle both objectives without losing track. I tell you, these friendship problems can be quite the hoof-full. But if you need help with your box, just say when."

12 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil joins Dynamo by the vending machine and grabs a small cup. She sticks it under the second lever and pulls it to let out a chocolate and vanilla swirl. Pencil let it go over the limit of the cup just a bit before she set it down on her plate. Moving on to the next array of desserts, Pencil noticed a snow-cone machine over by the far right. She went over to it and looked behind her, hoping Dynamo would follow.

“S-So, how is it being in Friendshire so far?” she asked him. Turning back to the machine, she filled a small cup with a scoop of round ice and poured green flavoring on it. She took a spoon to it and tried some, absorbing the flavor with her tongue as she did.

Upon making their way towards the vending machines, Dynamo waited patiently for his turn, before walking up towards the device. After placing the cups under the first lever, he pulls upon the lever to let out vanilla ice cream. He made sure there was enough ice cream for himself and Pastel, before moving over to the additional toppings. He made sure to add sprinkles for Pastel. He levitated both dishes once more as he looked over to Pencil, who looked at him to follow.

Taking that as his cue, the gamer pony made his way to follow her lead towards the snow-cone machine. "To be honest? I-I wasn't really sure what to make of this town, at first. However, after a day or two of getting to be in this place? I think I'm really starting to like it here. It sort of reminds me of Ponyville, but it feels sort of different. How about you? How has Friendshire been for you?" He asked her, while she began filling a small cup with a scoop of round ice. As she took a spoon and tried the snow-cone, Dynamo made sure to grab a spoon for both him and the small filly. He made sure Pencil was following him back to the group's table as he levitated Pastel's dessert to her.

On 3/13/2020 at 4:45 PM, Samurai Equine said:

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare@Pastel-chan, @Kronos the Revenant

As Samurai takes his seat, he also takes back his money pouch. "Thanks, Dynamo. I knew I could trust you." He momentarily puts a hoof on his shoulder when he says that.

When he hears Kronos talk about being a shinobi, Samurai wants to correct him. But thankfully, Kronos corrects himself. "Yes, that's correct. Although, being a ronin can have its own perks." Samurai says.

He looks at Pastel when the two of them are talking about maidens in distress and what not. "I could also be your hero too, if you want. As a samurai, I'm a skilled soldier with lots of battle experience. Of course, it's nice to know that I've got reliable comrades that I can count on." Samurai says, talking about Kronos and Astral as well. "I've been lucky so far. The town hasn't really been in dire straights; no major battles that required a pony like me. ...Well, not counting tonight, that is. But I've always been ready just in case."

Samurai sees Pencil get some ice cream with Dynamo and Pastel, but he decides to go for a snowcone instead; extra large with three flavors! Yes, as Samurai talks with his new friends and enjoys the night with them all, truly sweet dreams are made of this.

In time, they all slowly begin to finish their meals and their conversations. As Samurai promised, he pays for all of it. And when they slowly part ways, everyone headed for their new homes in this town, Samurai makes sure to bow and wave to each one of them. He wants to make sure they all had a good night.

"You're welcome, Samurai and it really means a lot to hear you say that." He nodded, smiling as he felt the asian pony placed a hoof upon the gamer pony's shoulder. He was glad to see that Samurai had joined the group as he went to get a snow cone, while Dynamo retook his seat and enjoyed his ice cream. As time went by, Dynamo looked towards the windows to see that it was starting to get late. He wanted to protest about paying for his own meal, but it seemed that Samurai was very adamant about paying. Before taking his leave with Pastel back to their home, the gamer pony returned the bow to show his respect to Samurai. Waving to the others as he bid them all a pleasant evening.

On 3/13/2020 at 4:45 PM, Samurai Equine said:

DAY 3

11 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine

Astral was awake and walking through the town, and as he enjoyed the shining sun and busy streets, he came across Samurai. It seemed as though he had just finished building a small structure, and looked like he was about to depart, so Astral decided to greet him.

"Good day, Samurai. How goes the building? Or should I say, how did it go?"

Dynamo had awoken to the what could be heard as the sound of music. It was certainly new to the gamer pony as he never expected to hear music so early in the morning. He slowly opened his eyes and yawned with a stretch of his arms. Taking in the sounds and sights of a brand new day. He remembered having a discussion with Astral the night before. A talk about learning magic would happen today. He checked to make sure that Pastel was up, before making his way down towards the streets and road below.

37 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad

Astral chuckled at Samurai's forgetfulness, but was happy to see such generosity and dedication towards others.

"My research has been iffy at most for now. What is certain is that the two mayors used to get along, but 'something' happened which caused them to drift apart. I'm not sure if this 'something' is a curse, but I can't say. Most curses have traces of dark magic, they can also somewhat agitate nearby locals with their influence. I didn't find any evidence of dark magic yesterday, but I know I felt something off."

Astral paused to take a sigh, and then continued.

"If only I could have a word with either of these mayors, or even this 'Final Premonition' pony you mentioned before. If I could, then maybe we could get some answers. As for the non-confusing tasks at hand, I promised Dynamo that I would teach him some magic, and I feel today I should keep that promise. I just hope I can juggle both objectives without losing track. I tell you, these friendship problems can be quite the hoof-full. But if you need help with your box, just say when."

As Dynamo exited his home, he glanced behind him to make sure that Pastel was up and following behind him. He made sure to have the book he borrowed from the library. In the off chance that he would need it for the magic lessons for the day. He walked in a slow trot as he was still slightly tired from waking up early. He looked over to see Astral, Samurai and the others were gathered together. "Hey, you guys and good morning. What's up and how's it going?" He asks, hoping to jump into the conversations with the group.

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad

Samurai begins to nod his head, but then hears a familiar voice. "Dynamo! Good morning." Samurai welcomes him. "I was just talking to Astral here. I heard the two of you are going to do some magic training. I'm going to let the two of you do that; I've got some community service to tend to. No rush or anything, but if either of you have some free time, I'd appreciate your help in decoding the puzzle box. I haven't gotten any new clues yet."

Samurai looks over at Astral. "If you still want to talk to either of the mayors, like I mentioned before, there is a pony that might be able to help. His name is Trilby Hatter. He runs a clothing shop, but he also does some secretary work for one of the mayors. But good luck convincing him to open up about it. He can be pretty tight-lipped. Every time I ask, he completely refuses. Maybe either of you could convince him otherwise."

@Windy Breeze

"One oatmeal coming up!" Trilby notices Shadow just woke up. "Why don't you go freshen up for the day? I'll make the oatmeal gourmet, so it'll take a moment to finish." Trilby says, getting to work on breakfast.

Pastel woke up late, all things considered. She was an oversleeper at heart. She looked awake when Dynamo passed by her, but it was only a few seconds later that...

...Holy hay she shoulda been up already!

Like Feris Bueller on his day off she popped out of bed, got that pesky letter she was writing and rushed outside to drop it in the mailbox. It was addressed to her grandpa in Manehattan. Hopefully it would make it... this town was kinda weird after all. She was up late writing it after watching anime late on a certain channel (to the ill advisement of the block itself). After delivering the letter, she shook her head to fix her hair... how does that work? Maybe it's cos she had a natural bedhead, or her grandpa never taught her haircare. Either way.

@Dynamo Pad @Astral Vision @Samurai Equine

Pastel raced to a screech, stopping slightly behind Dynamo, waving wildly.

"Goood morning Friendshire! The weather in Las Pegasus today is partly cloudy with only mild sky traffic! ...Oh, this isnt Las Pegasus. Anyway hi all!"

15 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad

Samurai begins to nod his head, but then hears a familiar voice. "Dynamo! Good morning." Samurai welcomes him. "I was just talking to Astral here. I heard the two of you are going to do some magic training. I'm going to let the two of you do that; I've got some community service to tend to. No rush or anything, but if either of you have some free time, I'd appreciate your help in decoding the puzzle box. I haven't gotten any new clues yet."

Samurai looks over at Astral. "If you still want to talk to either of the mayors, like I mentioned before, there is a pony that might be able to help. His name is Trilby Hatter. He runs a clothing shop, but he also does some secretary work for one of the mayors. But good luck convincing him to open up about it. He can be pretty tight-lipped. Every time I ask, he completely refuses. Maybe either of you could convince him otherwise."

"Good morning, Samurai. What's up and how are you doing?" He asks, nodding at the mention of magic training. "Eeyup and that's right. After the whole false alarm, I felt it would be good to learn how to defend myself. If I ever got stuck in a similar situation in the future. That, and it would be good for me to learn how to get a better control of my magic, as well. Oh, that reminds me." He says, levitating the book he rented from the library. "I managed to find a book on Mistmane's village. I was wondering if you had seen this book before. I didn't get the chance to read through it, but I'm thinking that there might be something that relates to my family history." He knew it was a stretch, but it was better to ask than to not ask at all.

At the mention of the puzzle box, Dynamo nodded, yet tilted his head slightly. "A puzzle box? I don't think I ever heard you mention that before. What does this box do exactly?" He wondered, never heard about a puzzle box before. However, it seemed interesting to help out in solving.

18 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

Pastel woke up late, all things considered. She was an oversleeper at heart. She looked awake when Dynamo passed by her, but it was only a few seconds later that...

...Holy hay she shoulda been up already!

Like Feris Bueller on his day off she popped out of bed, got that pesky letter she was writing and rushed outside to drop it in the mailbox. It was addressed to her grandpa in Manehattan. Hopefully it would make it... this town was kinda weird after all. She was up late writing it after watching anime late on a certain channel (to the ill advisement of the block itself). After delivering the letter, she shook her head to fix her hair... how does that work? Maybe it's cos she had a natural bedhead, or her grandpa never taught her haircare. Either way.

@Dynamo Pad @Astral Vision @Samurai Equine

Pastel raced to a screech, stopping slightly behind Dynamo, waving wildly.

"Goood morning Friendshire! The weather in Las Pegasus today is partly cloudy with only mild sky traffic! ...Oh, this isnt Las Pegasus. Anyway hi all!"

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Pastel screech to a stop in her step. He looked behind her to give her a smile. "Good morning, Pastel. I'm glad to see that you were awake. You seemed awake earlier, but tired at the same time. I know we all stayed out late at the restaurant, but I think we all had to get home sooner or later." He also remembered staying up to watch a bit of anime along side Pastel, before turning in for the evening. "Glad to see that the weather in Las Pegasus is pretty fair. How's the weather forecast for Friendshire? Any chance for a lovely sunny day, or are we on the lookout for possibly a crazy change in weather?" He would ask with a slight chuckle.

@Dynamo Pad

"Hmm..."

She looked up at the sky blankly for a few seconds. Clearly this ones talent wasn't being a meteorologist.

"Looks sunny, with a chance of wind! Chance of a time travel related F5 tornado wiping this place out is close to 0... probably!"

Kronos heard some of the denizens of the town begin to stir about. He continued to pluck at his zither, making some lighter gusts of wind that weren’t lethal. He made gentle twangs at his peculiar instrument and made the leaves and petals near him swirl around him in a beautiful typhoon of color. He kept the calm beat and tune of his zither consistent. He didn’t want to risk injuring anyone.

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad, @Pastel Heart

"Good morning, Pastel. It's good to see you too. Still as energetic as always, I see." Samurai offers Pastel a high hoof bump.

He also looks at the book Dynamo has. Using his magic, he lifts it closer, quickly scans some of the pages, then gives it back to Dynamo. "It looks like a pretty good start, but feel free to ask me anything if this book doesn't answer all your questions. After all, I came from her home village, so I can easily fill in the finer details on her history or on my culture." He then hears him mention the box. "I didn't? Huh... Could have sworn I did... In that case," Samurai pulls out his magic puzzle box. "This is the Laronde Box. It's a magic puzzle box. When I solve it, the two mayors will be reunited, and the town will return to the festive locale that it use to be. So far, I've only gotten two steps closer, but the box hasn't completely opened yet."

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil set her desserts down on her plate and thought for a moment.

“Well, in terms of hospitality it’s pretty similar to where I come from. I live in Sire’s Hollow, which is this small village that’s trying to make itself bigger if you haven’t heard of it. I will say that we don’t have as many events as Friendshire, though. We’re still trying to ‘modernize’ more before we start throwing a bunch of parties,” she replied.

Pencil continued to follow Dynamo around the buffet along with Pastel. She noticed that each of Dynamo’s desserts had two spoons in them, which she had to admit was pretty sweet of him for sharing with the filly. She continued to look around for more food but stayed close to Dynamo, making sure she didn’t get lost.

@Samurai Equine

“Okay” Shadow went to the bathroom and washed her face. She brushed her mane and her tail and wipe her face with a towel. She went back to the kitchen to watch Trilby make oatmeal.

@Jack Baker

Sundae Delight moaned as she woke up “Good morning, Friendshire!” she yelled as she wipe her drool from her mouth “I wonder if Raze is still asleep at the guest bedroom” she mused “Oh, well, the stallion may need a long rest, adventurers barely get any sleep sometimes” she got up from her bed and went to the bathroom to the kitchen to prepare chocolate cookies and some cow milk for both herself and for her guest. She had sent her maids back to their houses so she only need to get two mugs. 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Just like he said, once Shadow Trail comes back, breakfast is served. "You look really nice today." Trilby gives her a bowl full of gourmet oatmeal, with just the right amount of sweet and some optional fruits on the side. "Would you still like to see the local children? It's a school day today, so I am sure there is plenty to see." Trilby asks.

@Samurai Equine

Upon hearing what Trilby said, Shadow's wings flared, she lift her gaze at Trilby and gave him a look of excitement “R-Really?” she said, her eyes wide as dinner plates. She suddenly dive her head into the bowl of oats and swallowed the whole food with loud slurps. She lifted her head, revealing her dirty face “Oh, can you go now, Trilby!?” 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Raze slowly opened his eyes when he felt the sunlight on his face. He yawned, stretching his hooves. Slowly, he got out of bed, then walked over to a mirror right across from him. Checking his face and concluding he looked presentable enough, he proceeded to exit his room and walk around the house.

"...Where is she?" he quietly asked himself, looking around.

@Jack Baker

After eating some cookies and drank her milk. She let the leftover ones and the other glass of milk on the table. She went to bathroom and took a bath. 

However, she forgot to there was a sign that says 'open' hanging on the door and also forgot the fact the lock of the door was broken.

Delight let out a sigh as she lay on her bath tub filled with hot water.

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Trilby has to laugh to himself just a little bit. He passes Shadow a napkin. "We'll go as soon as I finish some early morning business. Won't take me but a few minutes, I promise." Trilby says. He finishes breakfast first and goes to tend to it.

First, he checks his mail. Mostly junk, but one letter he'll keep for later. Then he goes back to his clothing shop to make sure that his hours are posted. He goes into his office, grabs a briefcase, and makes sure all his important documents are inside.

Then, he returns to Shadow Trail. "All right! I'm ready to go if you are, Shadow."

@Windy Breeze

As Raze made his way into the kitchen, he spotted a glass of milk and a plate of cookies. "Don't mind if I do..." he said as he munched on the cookies, and followed it up with a glass of milk.

"Pretty good," he said. "Welp, better get ready for the day..." He went back upstairs and was about to enter his room when a sign on a door caught his attention.

"Open, eh?" He read it aloud. Shrugging, he casually opened the door...

Inhaling sharply at what he saw next, he quickly, but quietly, closed it immediately afterwards, hoping she didn't see him. He leaned against the door.

"Twilight damn it all...!" He cursed underneath his breath. "Was not expecting that..."

@Jack Baker

Delight lifted her head to look at the bathroom door. She swore she heard a door being closed. She and Raze are the only ones inside the house but all she knew he's still sleeping at his own room “Mm, probably my imagination” she said to herself before going back to relaxing herself. 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Raze stood still for a few more seconds before taking a deep breath.

"Whatever..." he said, continuing to walk to his room. "I'm just gonna forget that ever happened... 'open' my ass, I swear..." he grumbled something about purposeful misunderstandings and unlocked doors as he opened the door to his room. Closing it behind him, he proceeded to gear up, strapping his longsword on his back and attaching his Evoker holster onto his right side, putting the Evoker in immediately afterwards. Finally, he put his saddlebags on and he was ready to go.

He then made his way to the living room and sat on the couch.

Should thank her before I leave... he thought.

@Jack Baker

Delight went out of the bathroom, smiling and still no noticing that she didn't flip the sign. She casually went down to the living room where she saw Raze, sitting on her couch.

“I take you already ate the cookies and drink the milk I prepared for you?”

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Trilby opens the door for her, like a gentlestallion, and they head off together for a day of fun. Who knows who they might run into!

It takes a few minutes of walking the streets together, but eventually, they find a school. The little fillies are colts are nice and well behaved, waving and minding their manors, but they aren't very excited to be in school. The playgrounds barely have anything toys or fun things for them to do. There is one set of swings, and it's half broken. The young ones look bored and not very lively at all. Only a few of them are talking about the concert yesterday; that seems to be the only hot topic going around in the city right now. "I hope you're not disappointed." Trilby says.

@Windy Breeze

The school wasn't as lively as she expect to see. Most of the foals are bored, some having conversations about a concert from yesterday which she never heard of. Her gaze went to a broken swing and decided to take a picture. She immediately went to the broken swing and examined it “Are there any spare wood or even a hammer of some nails in school?” she asked Trilby. 

@Windy Breeze

The school wasn't as lively as she expect to see. Most of the foals are bored, some having conversations about a concert from yesterday which she never heard of. Her gaze went to a broken swing and decided to take a picture. She immediately went to the broken swing and examined it “Are there any spare wood or even a hammer of some nails in school?” she asked Trilby. 

• Brohoof 1