Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general If you had to choose a job between a fire fighter and a police officer, what would it be?

Twilight Sparkle97

I thought it would be great to create this thread since nobody else has created it before. 

Anyways, if you had to choose a job between a fire fighter and a police officer, what would it be? Me, I would choose a police officer. Fire fighter, to me, however, sounds more dangerous than a police officer. There both risky jobs though. 

My area 20 years ago? Police. Basically all there was to do was to drive drunken neighbors home. (Think like Andy Griffith and Mayberry, but not a dry county).

Today: firefighter, as that's was what spring consisted of: fighting grass and wild fires.

• Brohoof 1

I also think I would be no good in either of these jobs. Disregarding this fact I would still choose a Fire fighter. I think I could help more people in this job as a police officer.

• Brohoof 1

If I had to choose one, probably fire fighter, even though arguably it's the more dangerous job, with a ton of health risks that you could encounter later in life. But I'd still rather deal with fires instead of unpredictable people.

• Brohoof 1

I’d be a Fire Fighter. I’m not good at asserting authority over others as police often do and I find the whole idea disconcerting. A fire fighter on the other hand is more along the lines of rescue, preserving property and saving lives. While police are also in the life-saving business when the situation demands, I wouldn’t want all the other stuff that goes with it. I’m afraid of crime and would not like to be constantly exposed to it. Police uniforms are more flattering than fire fighters’ but I guess that’s not really the important factor here. (Sorry Rarity). 

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I'd do well at either job, but I'd certainly rather be a firefighter. Asserting authority is something that terrifies me, especially with rough people. I highly respect police officers for what they put up with, and I love firefighters for their courage in saving lives. I think I'll do better sitting in an office though. :adorkable:

• 2 years later...
On 2021-06-12 at 10:25 AM, ExplosionMare said:

I’d choose to be a police officer because then I wouldn’t have to climb up so many ladders or use a lot of heavy equipment 

Oooo, officer Boom c:

Neither really. I guess a firefighter :wacko: .

I feel more that I’m fit for a larger community service of varieties, so I would be a police officer. Plus I want to be  and show the ‘good’ example in what it means to be a police for the community “to protect and serve” again, against the odds- .