Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No. It would totally ruin what the show has built up already. I don't mind them adding new characters, but adding a new main character would just ruin the show for me. And I think the word 'Mane 6' has a nice ring to it.

No. It would totally ruin what the show has built up already. I don't mind them adding new characters, but adding a new main character would just ruin the show for me. And I think the word 'Mane 6' has a nice ring to it.

You could think of it like Power Rangers. There are always those one or two extra rangers that come in during the middle of the series.

You could think of it like Power Rangers. There are always those one or two extra rangers that come in during the middle of the series.

Unless the producers can seriously pull it off, without making serious overlooks, then I will support it. Other than that, I don't support it. In Power Rangers, they pulled it off to make it fit in with the story (but it always annoyed me when they were really overpowered.)

I don't think this will ever happen.

Ever since its premiere, the Mane Six has developed a great sense of chemistry via the Elements of Harmony and the "magic" that's since bound them. As of now, there are just six Elements. No more, no less. A new Element of Harmony just cannot be written out of the blue. It must be thought of carefully and see whether it fits the show, worldbuilding, et cetera. Adding another Element into the group, mare or colt, could potentially disrupt the character development they all have and greatly risk alienating your audience, whether it may succeed or not.

Also, while not an actual Element, Spike is a male and is considered an integral part of the group due to his sharp wit, quick writing, and communication with the Elements, Celestia, and Luna.

Can there be more characters into the show? Absolutely. One great thing about this cartoon is the fact that it's open enough for more characters to arrive and develop into likeable beings, whether they're ponies, dragons, donkeys, and so on. We saw that extensively in Season Two with the dragon teens, Cranky, Iron Will, Fancy Pants, and Cadence. But to be a part of the Mane Six? You risk opening up an unrepairable can of worms, and I really don't think neither Hasbro nor DHX want to take that chance.

• Brohoof 1

It would probably turn into what many power ranger fans would call...

"Sixth ranger syndrome"

(Although it would be seventh in this case, haha.)

• Brohoof 1

No. I like it the way it is. One of the reasons many shows die is because it's being changed.

• Brohoof 1

So he can swoon each of the mane 6, preferably unintentionally?

That's what would probably happen if a male character was introduced into the mane 6. It would be generation 2 all over again.

• Brohoof 1