Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Saddest and most beautiful book you've read

Grtxkkyz

Little dahie!

She visits them every year

but if you mean true books not fanfics...

well there is:

"where the red fern grows"

"old yell'er" (or whatever)

another one i don't remember the title "the pink... something(some kind of bird)" it was so sad!!! some people on a property out nowhere and the younger brother ends up dying. something about a bird and that such stuff.

and others:

"of mice and men"

"les misarables" (has some sad stuff in it)

and if i think of others i'll come back

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

I would have to say the saddest and had the most biggest impact on my life would be: "Where The Red Fern Grows"

The most heart renching book I have ever read hands down. xD

Hmm....I think the saddest book I've read would have to be this.

Posted Image

God that book was sad. I mean Sam I Am just wants to give this random guy a nice meal of green eggs and ham but the guy just doesn't want it. And Sam really wants this guy to eat some green eggs and ham I mean he offers it to him on a train, in a house and with a mouse. But the guy just won't eat the damn eggs. The end though, when the guy finally eats the green eggs and ham and finds out he likes it a lot, that was just....so....I'm sorry I need a moment. *starts crying in the corner*

• Brohoof 1

One of my all time favourite books, and by far the saddest story I have ever had the pleasure to read was Where the Red Fern Grows. If I remember correctly, I could barely finish it. I read it way back in the 3rd grade(In10th now so you do the math) so I barely remeber it, but that book left me in tears.

And if you do not wish to read all that to find it...

Where the Red Fern Grows

A non fiction called "Babylons ark" a man running a nature preserve finds out about the war in iraq, and is worried about the baghdad zoo, so he goes on immense adventures to save it, sometimes with the help of the US army, and i think the most heartwarming part is when they needed a water pump, to keep the animals watered everyday.

this US Army flatbed truck pulls up with a water pump, and the driver gets out and tells the man "okay, im going to take a leak over there, around that corner, this truck arrived here empty, and it will leave empty."

I don't read many sad books, but it'd probably be a tossup between The Lovely Bones and My Sister's Keeper. Both involve the tragedy of death, and it's shattering effects on family. Coming from someone who dealt with it in childhood, these two stories both have a fairly realist portrayal of grieving.

~~

The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. Saddest but most beautiful book I have ever read. It's about a father and his son travelling a post-apocalyptic world, avoiding the harsh weather and people in general. People themselves pose the biggest threat, because when there's nothing left, the only thing to eat is each other.

It truly is a beautifully sad depiction of humanity when all is lost.

My Little Dashie (if it counts). I cried through the entire end of the book and i didnt smile for 5 days after that, God that book is amazing :( *sniff* so...beautiful.

The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. Saddest but most beautiful book I have ever read. It's about a father and his son travelling a post-apocalyptic world, avoiding the harsh weather and people in general. People themselves pose the biggest threat, because when there's nothing left, the only thing to eat is each other.

It truly is a beautifully sad depiction of humanity when all is lost.

I think ive seen that book some where before, ive never read it though...should I? It sounds really interesting btw :) Edited by TheEpicBrony

I think ive seen that book some where before, ive never read it though...should I? It sounds really interesting btw :)

Hmmm, well, it depends, because it is really rather depressing. If you are willing you be genuinely emotionally daunted for a while, then yes, I really recommend it.

I think i can manage, Ive been emotionaly scared ever since my Grand Father died. So yeah...ill read it when i get the chance.

I'm sorry about your grandfather.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy it.

The ending of Jonathan Stroud's "Ptolemy's Gate" is pretty damn sad. Only after reading the first two in the series, of course.

Edited by Shaoni

Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go.

Don't want to give away too many details, but it's an extremely beautifully written book and it's also very very sad. It makes you think about how delicate all the relationships in your life are, and how delicate everything in general is. I think the story will make you appreciate all of the time that you've got in the world though.

I have a pretty strong heart, but The Giving Tree is always effective.

I was in a bookstore when I saw that book in the kids section. I remembered it from when I was like 5, so I picked it up, sat down and started reading it right there in the store, but I got kinda embarrassed because I started crying, and there were little kids all over the place since it was the kid's section.