Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinions of haters?

Gone Airbourne

I don't mind the ones who just do it to troll - they don't actually have anything against the show, they just like how butthurt the fanbase can get. The people who are legitimately ignorant about this show and considers it an "insult to masculinity" are on my list of people to shun, however.

The ones who actually tried watching the show and don't like it I can understand. The ones that are so verbal and go around Youtube posting hate comments are the ones that really get me angry.

I have actually tried to look around on hater's opinions, and honestly, I couldn't find anything of value other than the "shove down the throat" excuse. Besides that, a few homophobic reactions, trolls, and really unnecessary hate on MLP through DeviantArt, which seemed to be mainly focused around the band wagon idea.

I couldn't find anything other than that. :I

I don't bother myself with haters much. Love and tolerate, even if they are saying nasty things, I do not hate them for it, all I do is hope that they will get more mature over time, and move along. Should the hater seem at least a bit mature, I try to strike a civil conversation with him, if not, then ignore.

Haters, aka the "lolponyfag" people- I just ignore them, and plea others to do the same. It's no use arguing with someone who only uses the insults "aspies", "ponyfags", "furries", "homos", "gays", "manchildren" ect. They will never learn.

Non-bronies- People who have seen the show and don't like it: Fine with me. Everyone's got their tastes. Leave them be.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

don't care, don't care, don't care. Even the ones who throw it in my face don't phase me one bit. Doesn't stop me from having my magenta, vinyl Pinkie Pie decal on my laptop. pssh...haters...they don't even make me lol...they just don't matter to me

Well they can hate on it all they want. Most of us don't care, right? However, there's one thing that really ticks me off cause they just look at one picture and arrogantly call it gay with no understanding of the show at all. Usually I give it a chance and see if it's genuinely good and that's how I discovered MLP. But that type of quick to judge people spans towards into real life attitudes which makes them really super annoying. Especially when they call it gay and bully me cause I'm a brony.

(Plus I bit their hands. Serves em' right!)

(edited)

If they watched MLP, have legit reasons for disliking the show, and don't bother any bronies for liking it, it's totally fine with me. If they're stuck-up and prejudiced pricks that hate on the show and its fans without even having watched it, I'll just ignore them since I already have enough of those imbeciles in my life.

Edited by cleva
  • Brohoof 1

I can't really judge them too harshly because there are so many diverse reasons that they hate on us.

Some are ill informed (a la fox news and howard stern followers)

Some are trolls

Some are just closed minded jerks.

Side note: yesterday, I saw that a person that used to be a very militant hater of the show and fandom actually converted earlier this month. I am rather skeptical of whether or not he is genuine about it, but I'm hopeful.

I'm fine with haters. I'm aware that not everyone likes us and I find the best response to other people hating on our show is a calm and subtly cynical explanation of the show's best aspects.

Heed the wisdom of a princess: When it comes to haters, Luna might have given a buck, but she just spent her last buck riding this mechanical dolphin.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

My opinion on haters?

Well, they're haters. Haters are everywhere. If you like something, somebody is going to "hate" on you for it. Whether people like it or not, they exist, simply because of human nature. I genuinely don't care about haters or their opinions - it's their lives. If they think all bronies are freaks, then they think all bronies are freaks. Ignorance is simply part of the human condition, and whether we like it or not, people are gonna be ignorant, so I say, just let them get on with it.

it doesnt matter what you like, as long as it could be seen as different in society, people are going to talk shit about it. in other words, "haters gonna hate"