Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Thing About Bronies You Like The Most

SBaby

Most bronies are actually really nice, which is more than I can say for other fandoms. If you say you don't like a character in anything else, people will fire at you like crazy. In the MLP fandom, I've seen that they actually respect your opinions, no matter how different they may be.

They're also incredibly fun and artistic. :33

Our fanbase never ceases to amaze me, everyday we are coming up with new quality art, music, original animation, and fanfiction! I love that about our community.

Oh, and most of them are pretty cool and friendly! Very caring community!

My favorite part about bronies is the art. I dont just mean the drawing art, i mean the entirety of it. The music is some of the best Ive ever heard, with all the wubs words i in the right place. The fanart is lengendary and heart-felt. The stories, are produced from the very being of the word imagination and everything coincides so very beautifully.

The creativity and how most of the community is really chill. It's really one of those things that you don't see very often in fandoms as large as this.

The sense of community we have

The holy-crap-how-many-of-there-are-you amount of art and music we manage to create.

The fact that we're comfortable with the fact that we break a social norm and that many people are ill-informed about us and therefore hat us.

The fact that we have a mantra that states "love and tolerate."

et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

(edited)

The fact we love and tolerate. The fact women and men are treated equally. The fact nopony makes fun of nopony (at least not in a bad way). The fanart. The kindness (just take a look at Life advice section and all those kind people willing to help.) And also the fact we are like, one of the most modest people in the whole Universe xD

Edited by thegoodhen

(edited)

I love how welcoming everyone is. This is not an insider club where you have to prove yourself to join. Anyone can contribute and there are lots of people ready to help you should you choose to learn a creative endeavour.

Similarly, there is no anti-intellectualism. Instead, we share in the celebration of our victories. There is nobody that is going to kick you when you're down - "that's what you get for doing x y."

The fanbase as a whole can be a feasibility test on whether a large group of people can be decent and spread goodwill. That aspect really makes me glad.

Edited by Hat988

(edited)
Everyday, EVERYDAY, something new is made, be it music remixes or new fan art, or even comics and fanfiction; there's never a dull day for this community because so many creative fans work each day to contribute to the Herd. What's there not to love? :lol: Edited by Ms. Hirose

The community.

I love everything about it, how friendly everyone is, the art that is produced and how we can all gather together, and be proud that we are part of such a strong community.

(edited)

Most bronies seem to be kind-hearted, creative and intelligent people. Oh, and fun, too. ... I love an adult who's not afraid to be silly and watch cartoons. I do it, myself. LOL. Actually, my whole family watches cartoons, including mom, dad and brother. I think it's in the blood, or something.

Edited by SydneyGrey
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I really like how they are creative and make all sorts of art, music, and fanfics. I also like how they all love and tolerate and are not afraid to admit they like a show that was originally made for little girls. :wub:

Edited by PegasisterTaco

How we're all so open-minded, which is proven by the fact we are bronies--we go outside the boundaries of what society deems 'normal'. We won't purposely and directly hate on something--that would be going against nearly everything the show stands for. But, we will avoid the thing if we don't like what it implies (take cloppers for example), which is a pleasing change of manner for me. :)

• Brohoof 1

I like how we don't let it phase us when people say "You're too old for this!" I remember one person's response to that: if someone works that hard to shun perceivably "childish" things, they're not ready to be adults themselves. ;)

• Brohoof 2

I'm going to say that I love the friendly rivalries going on around here. Some rivalries do get quite serious, but most of it is in good fun and I really like that. I, like many other people, also love the overall friendliness and helpfulness of the people here. I've never felt so welcome in a forum in my life!

• 9 months later...

Hi,

If ya'll know me, I don't make topics an awful lot. As a matter of fact, I usually don't make topics at all. But with all this hate and upset about EG, especially when we don't know much, I figured I should make this thread. It's something we used to do at my house when we were children.

List five things you love about the fandom. We choose to associate with it, and we obviously stick around for a reason, so I'd like everyone to list at least five things we love about the fandom itself, not about the show.

Remember, positive things, not negative things. <3

1. I love how uplifting we can be on new artists, say, on YouTube or FiMFiction. There's truly some wonderful people on there who can deliver gentle criticism or a boost of encouragement at just the right time.
  2. It's amazing how united we can all be during times of stress (not concerning the show). When something bad or frightening happens in reality, we stick together very tightly.
  3. We can ignore the haters! I like the fact that we're settling down in our uniqueness, instead of defending ourselves all the time. We can let the show stand on it's own two feet, and do all the arguing for us. <3 I like that we can be mature about these situations, especially from trolls on YT or otherwise.
  4. I love how we can come from a thousand different backgrounds and a million different worldviews and still stick together without any major blowups. Sure, our views may be different, but in the end, we're all bronies, and we all love the show. ^^
  5. And last but not least, I love the fact that bronies can wear pony memorabilia in public. That takes so much courage and attitude I just have to give everyone a virtual high five.  
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Surprised this topic didn't get popular!

1. I like how easy it is to make friends here

2. I like how much content this community produces, making it easy to find something fun to do while waiting for new episodes

3. I like that bronies support charities

4. I like how you can find someone to watch the show with on a live stream

5. I like how we challenge social norms

Hello, @, it seems that there was already a similar thread in existence. I have merged the two together. In the future, please use the search function before creating a thread. 

(edited)

I like that bronies (most of us) are often creative and usually are great people. Also their (most of our) devotion to the My Little Pony fandom is outstanding.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle