Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How secretive are you about being a brony/pegasister and why?

Anonymous~

How seacretive are you about you being a brony/pegasister?  

250 users have voted

1. 1. Who knows that you are a brony?

• Everyone that I met atleast once know that I'm a brony. (Everyone, even a five year old girl named Sheril)
    • A lot of people, but only those who I trust. (school/work mates, family, friends.)
    • Only my family members and/or close friends.
    • A small circle of people that include both bronies and non-bronies. ( 8-12 people)
    • A small circle of people that include only bronies. ( 5-12 people)
    • Only few people that I love/trust. ( 2-5 people )
    • I keep it a secret from everyone. (0 people)
    • What's a bronei...broni... how do you even spell this word?
  2. 2. Would you like that more people would know that you're a brony/pegasister?

• Yes, I would love that more people knew.
    • Yes, but only a couple of people.
    • I like it as it is.
    • No, a couple of people shouldn't know about it.
    • No, I would like that few people knew about it.
    • None of the above. I would like both. I would like that some wouldn't know about it and some would know that I'm a brony.

Just now, Techno Universal said:

To be honest both of us are really quite excited about meeting each other on the train on Friday! :)

Hell, I would be too! It's great to find people that like the same thing as you and that goes double.. no, triple for us bronies!!

My parents know. My relatives have an idea. My bro is a brony. Our mutual friends know. A few people at work know, though it's only like 3 people. I don't think the older crowd would get it. I typically don't wear brony merch to work, not out of embarrassment, but because I'm too tired/busy to want to talk about it. Otherwise I'll be more than happy to wear it all in public. 

I can't really do the poll because it doesn't have anything that applies to me. I don't really care who knows. If people ask, I'll tell them, or I might mention it if it fits into the conversation, but I don't just randomly say, "By the way, I'm a Brony," for absolutely no reason. That's just random. It's not a secret, but I don't shout it to the world.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really tell people I am interested in the show, because I don't really see the reason why I need to.

There are lots of things I am interested in that I don't tell people that I am into as well.

• Brohoof 3

On 6-8-2017 at 11:32 AM, Titans08Mariota said:

Hope y'all have a great time!! I live in a bronyless community... so no pony friends for me.. but that's ok. Y'all have fun now, ya hear??!!

I've got no pony friends too. Looks fun to discus mlp with others.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 9:47 AM, Hierok said:

I've got no pony friends too. Looks fun to discus mlp with others.

That feels like me, I live in a city where the only thing that holds it together is the college basketball team, and when it fails it seems that the whole city wants to commit suicide. I would like to meet just a few others around here so I dont have to travel hours away,

On 8/6/2017 at 1:12 PM, Snowflake Frostflame said:

I don't tell anybody, but I still walk around wearing My Little Pony t-shirts... even with friends and co-workers. And if they ask about it I tell them everything.

I wish I could be like that, I would feel like I am being judged for that around here. When I see someone else with any type of pony stuff , I would like to say hello and introduce myself, but that is just not me. So alone I sit here with my cats.

• Brohoof 1

If there's no need to, then there's no reason why telling someone that I'm a Brony. There's a lot that people don't know about me and telling that I'm a Brony isn't my first priority when meeting or talking to others, especially for the first time. If the conversation does eventually lead to discussing TV shows/characters or something similar, then sure I would feel free to tell. 

I'm not going to openly share or proclaim that "I'm a brony" or "I watch My Little Pony" to just anyone if the subject in that nature was never brought up in the first place. Also, it would depend on how much I can trust that person too. 

Not so much secretive, there is nothing to be ashamed off. Some of my close friends now and my father knows too. They are okay with it. Why wouldn't they be? If you thşnk they will judge you, let them judge. People talk no matter what.

• 4 years later...

It was fun to keep it a secret, when it was a big thing. Now it isn't so much anymore, so I can just spill it to anyone and they don't even know what it is, lolz :derp: (I feel so brave)

• Brohoof 2

It doesn’t matter to me if people see that I like ponies but if they ask what my favorite show is, I don’t say MLP first cause I don’t want that to be the first thing I’m known for (don’t want to get asked lots of silly questions)

• Brohoof 3

I do not deny but I do not do much to display my fondness for the show either. That is more the case in recent years as my actual interest in the show has waned notably compared to, say, when I first started watching the show.

• Brohoof 2