Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First MLP related thing you saw?

Beat Shock

For the My Little Pony brand in general, probably those crappy toy commercials long ago with the annoying song. Too bad not much has changed in that regard...

As for FiM, the first I saw or heard of that was probably some people's avatars on a Pokemon forum I used to go on, and some stuff I would see from some Facebook pages I liked, I think I recall liking some page related to Rainbow Dash sometime not knowing what it was... that was all in the summer of last year I believe, didn't really think much of it then. :huh:

Edited by SBB64

I personally have no cue since it was so long ago and I resisted the fandom until I realised it was futile. I think the very first thing was back at ROBLOX, they made a group called "Team ColourTheory" and made a pony of his favorite colors. I can't hint of anything before that although I am sure this wasn't the first thing.

It was actually this video.

I was playing stuff with friends on the internet, and we where on skype chat and he posted a video of a guile's theme video, Eventually this came up in my suggestions and I watched it, then I watched some more Fluttershy clips on youtube randomly, and before I knew it I was watching the first episode, then the next, and the next.

And all of a sudden I was a brony.

That was the glorious moment!

Maybe thats partly got to do with why Fluttershy my favorite, who knows tongue.png

Ah memories.

It was also my first time seeing Guile's theme videos. So I was watching alot of them tongue.png.

Edit; opps I messed up my posts somehow o-o?

Edited by Zygen

I found something of rather cloppy nature on /b/ back in mid 2011. I had seen other little things, like an occasional Rainbow Dash avatar or whatever but that was the first thing I distinctly remember.

Death Battle! StarScream vs. Rainbow Dash!

It was so funny, and I was so surprised that RD won, that I looked it up, and started to kinda like it. Then I kinda liked the memes. Then I saw 'Ballad of the Brony' by SaberSpark and started to like the community. Then I started to like everything about it more and more. Then after about a half a year of denying it, I finally caved in, watched the actual show, and became a full out Brony.

Now I walk down the street, wearing my RD bracelet and Fluttershy "yay!" shirt with pride.

• Brohoof 2

The very first MLP thing I encountered was my niece's Cheerilee pony plushie laying around. That didn't hit me as much until I logged on to a forum I frequently go to. And then...PONY AVATARS ERRYWHER.

and that's where my curiosity kicked in!

• Brohoof 1

A commercial, pretty much the only reason I started watching MLP back in August last year xD

I thought it seemed pretty cool, even though the commercial wasn't all about MLP xD all I saw was 2 ponies flying and one casting magic :3

The very first time I saw a picture of a generation 4 pony, was when I was searching google images for... something.. I dont remember. I believe it was a picture of rainbow dash. Thi swas back in.... october-december of 2010 I believe or perhaps it was october 2011.

I must have taken notice of it to remember it.

Anyway, during that time I had no idea of the fandom, or the show itself.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

The g4 image of the mane 6 posing for the camera, in that group shot. It was always the image for the offcial pony threads, and the first MLP image I actually took time to look at. I had seen plenty of gen 3.5 commercials in my childhood, but I never really took notice.

• Brohoof 1

Shed.mov

I didn't get into the fanbase for a year though. I actually didn't know what a Brony was until like 2 months before I became one because I only ever was shown it by a girl. When I found out what a Brony was I didn't care, but then when my brother told me to watch the show I became an anti-brony for like 3 hours...then I got addicted after like 4 episodes.

I can't remember the first thing I eve saw. ..it was more of a slow decline that led to be becoming a fan.

I was aware that it existed, but I never thought about it much. There was a girl in my school who I knew liked MLP and she played the song A True True Friend in class one day. For about a year I forgot about it. 

Then I read Cupcakes and nothing was ever the same again. ^-^

Gen 1: I remember either MLP or it's predecessor when they were natural colors.

FiM: probably heard about it on NPR: Filed it under Hmmm.

Real exposure.  Belfry Webcomic Index.  New(ly listed) comics:  Friendship is Dragons.

"That's a neat Title!," I thought.

The title was nothing in comparison to the comic. 

(edited)

the first MLP thing I saw was this my friend showed me this when I was spending the week at his house

(We only watched it to 45s after 45s it gets very boring)

After this a few months later I decided to watch MLP then I joined the fandom

Edited by PonygamesFluttershy

That's...actually a good question. I seem to recall the first pony related thing I saw were avatars and signatures of a few users on another forum. I remember one had Rapidash Twilight as their avatar and Fluttershy's "You're going to love me!" as their signature.

I watched an animated adaption of Cupcakes back in 2011, then in 2013 I noticed more and more pony stuff and entered the fandom. God, that Cupcakes video is terrible......

Well, I was bouncing around youtube and the page shut down (I still have no idea why) and when I reloaded youtube, there was "This Day Aria" on the suggestions page. I thought it looked interesting and I clicked on it. I watched the song several times and then went on with my life. It wasn't until a few months later that my friend and I found it on Netflix.

Hm.. Let me go find the video....

I was watching Guile's theme videos randomly, and I came across this, got me interested in the show eventually, and I watched a few more Fluttershy clips from the show, then i finally tried the show, and well the rest is history!

This is also part of the reason Flutters is my favorite pony. Because without her I probably wouldn't have come across the show and thus got interested, then get more interested after some Fluttershy clips, and end up watching the show because of Fluttershy.

Not to mention I like Fluttershy even without that fact, so yeah ;p.