Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

Twilight Sparkle an alicorn? NO, NO, NO! NO, NO, NO, seriously....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I will not let this happen, this cannot happen. Seriously, NO, NO, NOOOO!!!! This cannot happen. 

There is no possible way that this could be good. Is Hasbro out of their minds?

I was really worried when I first heard about a possibility of a Twilight Alicorn - it seemed so inconsistant with the rest of the story (up to now, its been implied that Alicorns are a separate race). I have actually warmed to the idea over time...but if there is too little explanation...but even then I'm skeptical.

I am still not sure how I would feel about this. I guess it would be alright if it were only a temporary transformation and/or she doesn't obtain god like powers like Luna and Celestia have. Even then it would still be strange to see Twilight with wings...

Let me think about this for a minute. Twilight Sparkle...with big pretty wings and a horn. Hmm, that's a tough one. 

Okay. Here's my answer:

Well...that's actually my answer if it looks bad.  ;)

Edited by PrymeStriker

What is wrong with you ponies? I don't see a problem with Twilight becoming an Alicorn. You kids need to stop making this personal and understand if Twilight becomes a Alicorn you will have no say in the matter and have to deal with it.

If Twilight becomes an Alicorn:

1) She's going to do it for her friends not for the hell of it.

2) The only major difference in her appearance will be the fact that she'll have wings (that's cool darn it).

3) She won't be over powered. If you fools have been paying attention to the show Celestia has been beaten twice and Luna and Cadence have been beaten before. Alicorns aren't invincible powerhouses.

To end my little rant to potentially butthurt bronies Twilight will still be Twilight and she won't suddenly be an over powered monster like a few of you think. Hasbro won't ruin the star of the damn show. 

Edited by Twisted-Bone
  • Brohoof 2

What is wrong with you ponies? I don't see a problem with Twilight becoming an Alicorn. You kids need to stop making this personal and understand if Twilight becomes a Alicorn you will have no say in the matter and have to deal with it.

2) The only major difference in her appearance will be the fact that she'll have wings (that's cool darn it).

3) She won't be over powered. If you fools have been paying attention to the show Celestia has been beaten twice and Luna and Cadence have been beaten before. Alicorns aren't invincible powerhouses.

To end my little rant to potentially butthurt bronies Twilight will still be Twilight and she won't suddenly be an over powered monster like a few of you think. Hasbro won't ruin the star of the damn show. 

THANK YOU!!!

I have been saying this very thing since this blasted rumor has ever come to surface, but apparently nopony except a select few bothered to read the posts to see the evidence provided that shows why what you and I have said is true. Everypony needs to wake up and look at the facts, if it does happen, the facts and the evidence point to the EXACT OPPOSITE of what everypony on the forums have said. It's almost as if nopony else was paying attention to the show at all.

• Brohoof 2

One word. NO. The day Hasbro decides to make Twilight an Alicorn is the day the show will be slaughtered to pieces. Mainly because making her an alicorn would be like saying "Hmm I'm bored, let's make Twilight an alicorn to end the show!" Alicorn Twilight is okay in fanfics (Derp) but in canon? That's too much and it would be ending the show.

I don't think it represents boredom, but Hasbro preparing to push more products.  For me, personally, I do not want an Alicorn Twilight.  However, I am 100% ok if she learns new spells, including the Amniomorphic spell.  If the Amniomorphic spell enables the studious unicorn to grant herself wings on occassion with consequences, like draining her magic unlike the Princesses who have permanent wings, then I would be accepting of the idea.  Same would go for a temporary state where Twilight "powers up," producing ethereal wings that go away.

Though Tara Strong is Queen of the Bronies and teacher of Trollestia, she did say in that Hub chat before the season began that Twilight wasn't going to become an Alicorn.  It can be taken either way, but i'm going to have faith that she doesn't become one.  Instead, as mentioned above, an event causes her to transform into an alicorn, but the power goes away and she returns to being a normal unicorn. 

@ point 2, whether or not Twilight having wings is "cool" or not is largely based on opinion. I personally rather wouldn't see Twilight having wings, it just doesn't seem fitting to see her with them. It's like seeing Rainbow Dash suddenly grow a horn :U

• Brohoof 1

@ point 2, whether or not Twilight having wings is "cool" or not is largely based on opinion. I personally rather wouldn't see Twilight having wings, it just doesn't seem fitting to see her with them. It's like seeing Rainbow Dash suddenly grow a horn :U

Even so it isn't up to us and you're missing the point. I think the wings would be cool but that doesn't mean I want her to get them or not. I'm just saying wings or not she'll still be the same Twilight. The fact that you or anyone else doesn't want her to have wings or be an Alicorn is based of personal opinion. That is not a reason for Hasbro to go: "oh all the fans are butthurt, we better not give Twilight wings and make her an Alicorn."

Wings or not the show and Twilight Sparkle won't be ruined. Alicorn or not the fans will have to:

img-1081729-1-mlfw8892-deal_wif_it.gif

Edited by Twisted-Bone
  • Brohoof 2

*ahem* SHUUUUUUUUUUUSHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Has no one realised the logic of Twily Yet?

She loved her friends so much she didn't want to go back to the CANTERLOT CASTLE, Right? So she might DENY the offer of becoming a princess! I don't really know either, According to Lauren Faust, Celestia & Luna will stay the immortal princess' until they settle down with Kids (You know thats a low chance of happening) But if she DID become an Alicorn, Since shes not like a main princess (as in Tia & Luna) Like Cadence, She will age as her friends do so!

But seriously, No ones thought of this? O-O

Am.. Am I SPECIAL?

Probally not :P

~Crystal

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, while I don't look forward to it happening or NOT happening, I'd have no problem with it. Why? Because there are still ways to keep the story going. All it would be is a dramatic twist. She may discover she is an Alicorn, but let's say it's premature, maybe? She may just get the wings and still have to work her way into being the powerful Alicorn she will probably one day become, and an interesting plot twist such as this may bring forth other plot twists that not only, further the existence of the show, but might allow for a good spinoff or sequel series or something. Such as with Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra. I have no issue with it, I know for a fact that one day MLP WILL end, but my hope isn't that it's because of endless boring episodes of just one lesson after the next and the show gets canceled., I want it to end with a good ending to a good story.

Honestly, while I don't look forward to it happening or NOT happening, I'd have no problem with it. Why? Because there are still ways to keep the story going. All it would be is a dramatic twist. She may discover she is an Alicorn, but let's say it's premature, maybe? She may just get the wings and still have to work her way into being the powerful Alicorn she will probably one day become, and an interesting plot twist such as this may bring forth other plot twists that not only, further the existence of the show, but might allow for a good spinoff or sequel series or something. Such as with Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra. I have no issue with it, I know for a fact that one day MLP WILL end, but my hope isn't that it's because of endless boring episodes of just one lesson after the next and the show gets canceled., I want it to end with a good ending to a good story.

I have no problem with it either, I stand from a viewpoint where I try to give a reasonable criticism for the literature decisions that the MLP:FiM story-writers made per episode. So far, all episodes' been fairly entertaining for what they were and how they were presented, and for that the season 3's been good.

But being a child's show that doesn't mean it is not free from a literary analysis. The current story-writers and the creator of the show are very serious about what they want in the children's show and what kind of message they want to convey to the targeted audience. (As Mrs. Faust have pointed out and which I agree with,) Due to my philosophy, I have ideas on what I expect from the children's literature as I am quite interested in the story-writing aspect of a creative writing process.Due to that it's been highly interesting to analyze each episodes for a study purpose.

I must say though.. if turning Twilight into an alicorn and place her in an authoritative role in Equestria is going happen, it's going to be a very dangerous move in my point of view. The magic in the canon universe setting is already too powerful enough that a semi-competent magic user is powerful enough to cause a massive scale problem in a pony society. With Unicorns/Pegasus/Earth Pony living in a vastly different way and living a vastly different lifestyle, generating (an unintentional) message where the type of pony you are places a limitation on your role as a member of a particular society is something I find inappropriate.. due to the racism.

I personally do not like playing a racism card, because sometimes people uses it for their advantage in a very ridiculous manner. It's also 'perhaps' a hard thing to avoid from any fantasy or sci-fi story because you try to come up with interesting and diverse characters and your predisposed idea about what kind of character a hero should look like will always play a big factor on how you flesh your character's appearance out. But regardless, a problem is a problem and this obviously will become part of a raging debate if alicorn princess route is the way they take it.

Edited by Phaeston-e12
  • Brohoof 1

People seem to forget that Alicorn means more than just "winged-unicorn." Alicorns have powers that go beyond their superficial wings. They friggin' raise the sun and moon. Simply put, Alicorns are demi-gods.

I've always viewed the Mane 6 as a band of equals, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses, and they all rely on each other to enrich their lives. That's what makes them so relatable and natural.

Twilight becoming an Alicorn completely changes their relationship. People seem to think it can still be the same...it CANNOT be the same. She would be a god among mortals. Either she has a kingdom to run, which would take her from her friends, or they will somehow force the Mane 6 to keep their dynamic even as she is an Alicorn, and that would just feel forced and unnatural.

• Brohoof 3

sorry to disapoint every pony but it is looking more and more like she is going to become an alicorn the hub has released a new advert (I didnt film it I found it on EQD  

Bearing in mind that the end clips in that commercial are of scenes in Magic Duel, it's not saying much, focusing on Twilight and saying "Princess Coronation" is another story though....truly, it could mean something COMPLETELY different than we all think.

Possibly, they find that Twilight is actually a part of a Royal Family? There are endless possibilities for what it could be. My best advice, is no one get too worked up about it, just enjoy the series.

People seem to forget that Alicorn means more than just "winged-unicorn." Alicorns have powers that go beyond their superficial wings. They friggin' raise the sun and moon. Simply put, Alicorns are demi-gods.

I've always viewed the Mane 6 as a band of equals, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses, and they all rely on each other to enrich their lives. That's what makes them so relatable and natural.

Twilight becoming an Alicorn completely changes their relationship. People seem to think it can still be the same...it CANNOT be the same. She would be a god among mortals. Either she has a kingdom to run, which would take her from her friends, or they will somehow force the Mane 6 to keep their dynamic even as she is an Alicorn, and that would just feel forced and unnatural.

Perhaps it turns out that she becomes an Alicorn and REALISES this, perhaps she is willing to do anything to give up the powers and will confront Celestia about it. Perhaps we'll all be emoitional throughout the entire episode, never know. We'll see when it happens.

Bearing in mind that the end clips in that commercial are of scenes in Magic Duel, it's not saying much, focusing on Twilight and saying "Princess Coronation" is another story though....truly, it could mean something COMPLETELY different than we all think.

Possibly, they find that Twilight is actually a part of a Royal Family? There are endless possibilities for what it could be. My best advice, is no one get too worked up about it, just enjoy the series.

yes the advert its self hasnt actually changed but now they are saying Princess Coronation and we already knew that in the last episode twilight will "find her destiny" Im personally not as bothered as every pony else but the very strong evidence would suggest she is going to become an alicorn, But it wouldn't be the first time we have been wrong and the writers have thrown a big curve ball at the last second but we will see. All I know is season 4 is guaranteed so we got at least one more season after this so Im happy either way.

• Brohoof 1

I for one welcome our new alicorn bookworm ruler.

Honestly, really people? Really? Here's my thoughts.

The Apocalyptic Doom mindset continues on.

>Discord confirmed. 'YEAH"
>The word 'reformed' pops up. "ERMEGEWD WHAT IF HIS CHARACTER IS RUINED PANICCCCCC"
>Clip is shown. "That looks like it's being handled pretty well, actually :3"

>Obscure rumor. "OH NOESSS THAT'D BE AWFUL SHE'D LEAVE HER FRIENDS OHHHHH NO."
>The words 'Princess Coronation' pop up. "RUN FOR THE BUNKERZ, WE'RE DOOOMED."
>?????

I see a pattern here.

The writers and staff of this show know what they're doing. Even if Hasbro pushes toy crap on them, they make it work. I've gotten so bored of the repetitive doomsday mindset that I just avoid these comments most of the time.

Here's some interesting info to chew on from an EQDeviant.

If Twilight was going Alicorn (permanently) there would be toys of it, there were royal wedding and crystal empire toys way before the episodes aired and they wouldn't want to suddenly invalidate all their Twilight toys in the eyes of kids without a replacement, there's also the books and comics which clearly don't have Alicorn Twilight in them. If I remember correctly the banner that started all this and the vector used in the sticker book looked completely different and were both fan made ones that had been floating about previously.

I remember people fretting about a Canterlot wedding and Cadence and Shining Armor coming out of nowhere, and we got Changeling invasion and awesome villain. Megan Mcarthy already hinted a return to the Crystal Empire so it could be to do with that. People are overreacting to this big time.

• Brohoof 1

I posted this on eqd and yooutube.

It seems people are willing to throw rationality to the wind in lou of panic. Even assuming the princess corronation refers to alicorn twilight why assume that it is in the context of a dubious rumor posted on reddit. A rumor that relied on already established rumors that were being discussed within the fandom. This rumor is almost defiantly fake even if some of its predictions turn out to be true. 

Twilight will leave the show.

Why assume this? There are a few possibilities here. She stays ans stays an alicorn or perhaps she turns into an alicorn briefly(crystal pony form). We dont know what is going to happen why assume the worst?

Twilight being an alicorn makes the other ponies useless because of her power.

Just like how batman being powerless makes him useless in the justice league...oh wait that's the opposite of what he is. I guess being an element of harmony seems petty when compared to an alicorn. Oh wait no that's the opposite of what is true considering the elements were the only thing that could stop Discord and nightmare moon whilst Celestia(an alicorn) was powerless against them. Guys this isnt DBZ power levels are not important here, characters are. Becoming an alicorn isn't going to instantly get rid of Twilight's character flaws or make her instantly know everything. In fact her studies would have to focus on learning her new powers.

Seriously guys calm down, alicorn twilight isnt confirmed. Judging from the tweets of production staff the rumor was most likely false even if certain aspects of it do happen. Im seeing a lot of negative confirmation bias here. Many series have company interference and still have strong fanbases and strong series. Heck Transformers the movie is an extreme and fondly remembered example of this. Kill off optimus to sell our new hotrod toy. You know where else outside influences can influence a product? Comic books, and its almost unanimously nightmarishly horrible every time it happens. At least there is zero chance of Twilight turning evil killing half of equestria. Yeah that happened to Hal Jordan(green lantern) and was so hated by fans that they created as cosmic yellow space bug possessing him as an explanation for his actions. 

Point is if DC comics fanbase can remain strong over the years despite the horrible decisions and near incomprehensible and paradoxical continuity then I think the brony fanbase will be fine. Unless you guys decide to up and leave it is not that big a deal. 

• Brohoof 1

sorry to disapoint every pony but it is looking more and more like she is going to become an alicorn the hub has released a new advert (I didnt film it I found it on EQD  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38CIYwVc_8k
Holy crap just who are those two next to Celestia. Are they related to her? Holy crap.Also What did Twi do at the finale of the video?

sorry to disapoint every pony but it is looking more and more like she is going to become an alicorn the hub has released a new advert (I didnt film it I found it on EQD  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38CIYwVc_8k

Holy crap just who are those two next to Celestia. Are they related to her? Holy crap.

Also What did Twi do at the finale of the video?

Kaidou4life

Holy crap just who are those two next to Celestia. Are they related to her? Holy crap. Also What did Twi do at the finale of the video?

They're the group from Saddle Arabia, rewatch Magic Duel mate. Again guys, don't worry so much about it, the show just CAN'T be ruined out of no where, and I don't think it will, no matter what the outcomes of these episodes.

• Brohoof 2