Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Online

Indigo

Well, apparently most of the team that left is making another game of a very similar nature called Legends of Equestria, so there might still be hope.

That looks pretty good...well the website does, lets hope this one ends well!

Okey let me explain this.

99% of the team has moved to another project called Legends of Equestria. Same team, same project, basically the same game ^^

So hang in there, we're still developing it but not under "Equestria Online" anymore. :)

www.legendsofequestria.com (Just a note, we're using a temphost that can cause trouble to first access the webpage. Just press F5 and you will get in)

• Brohoof 2

Hats and hats and hats and hats and... you get the point, but based on that, is it safe to assume at a later date cosmetic items such as hats and possibly accessories, may be community based? Like the Steam workshop for Team Fortress 2? :o

Yes, there will be clouds pegasi can walk on. About the weather we're still working on a system so pegasi can manipulate weather, but yet not to troll.

WAIIIIT

"

What happened and Why it happened:

As the founder and owner of Equestria Online, I feel it is my right and duty to inform you all about what has happened. In a nutshell, the team has broken apart. Currently this project has ceased to continue on any further development and I will tell you why:

In early summer 2011, I started this project in hopes of creating a fun and free MMORPG where you could live in the world of Equestria as your very own pony. After several weeks of working on the project myself and investing my own money, I decided to recruit a team of volunteers to help me. To my great astonishment, we had become a huge success in very little time. I was happy to see such a large amount of fans growing and supporting the project. As summer ended, I accepted more and more help from fellow bronies around the globe, but was not able to keep up due to school. This made me decided to temporarily delegate my duties to someone else until I had the time to contribute more again. I was still very much active in team meetings though. Time went on, and I felt the project slipping away as there was little respect for my attempted contributions and requests. After a recent and very alarming argument with my temporary leader, my last straw was pulled. I removed him from the team temporarily until we could work something out. The leaders of each development department felt I had no such right to do so, even though I let him have that position in the first place. Most of the department leads then threatened to leave unless I stepped down as the owner of the project and gave away the name (Equestria Online). I refused.

It upsets me to see such a huge portion of the team leave, but that's life I guess. As of now, I hope to continue this project and maybe work on some more. I want to thank you all for your support and I hope you keep up with this website because we will try to get over this bump!

PS - I will try and get the forum up and running asap.

~RainDrop"

what happed to that did it get fixed?

I just thought i'd check up on Equestria Online ..... and i find ... This?

It is ... depressive.

It is wierd, and still just seem like a logical conclusion ....

I mean, the main creator, the original driving force behind the project, Raindrop, was absent, and put ... Swebow in charge to govern it.

Swebow had no idea what vision Raindrop truly had, and instead worked out a Code of conduct together with the entire team, to make things flow. The Code of Conduct was essentially akind of standardized democratic ruling.

Then Raindrop came back.

According to him, he was constantly downvoted ... his vision seemed to no longer matter, or be of interest or value to the others.

He may have exaggerated that part, but i don't think he exaggerated too much.

From his view, his visions was either no longer interesting, or they were no longer "his".

Most in such a position is under massive stress, even if it doesn't show.

People under preassure tend to grasp even tighter at what they do have ....

Intelligence? Reasoning? .....

When i, myself, is under too big preassure, my normal skills at reaoning and logical thinking is greatly decreased .... or, if you want a more well-known example, look at Twilight when the tree is crashed in during the AJ & Rarity sleepover, and in "It's about time" ...

as i see it, this might explain why Raindrop seemed, or did, get "totalitarian", he had no idea how to cope.

... And eventually, he held on to the last thing he "had" ... the name "Equestria Online".

From Raindrop's explanation, or rather from the fact that he thinks he can manage to start up EO again ... i see that he is hurt.

Massively hurt.

And the only thing i can say, is that, in this case, love and tolerance is needed from both directions ...

I wish all involved good luck, and enough clearity of mind to work this out, because, as i see it, this is not really over yet.

:(

The video came up as "private" to me, I can't view it

Though after reading up on this drama? Holy cow.

Raindrop, being the original creator, should NOT have had sass from the people helping him. All in all, Raindrop doesn't even NEED those people because game creators are a dime a dozen. If anything, they needed him because then they'd have their names on something so influential.

I'm forever going to support Raindrop's decisions. He should keep the name, he should keep the game. As volunteers, they do not own ANYTHING and consented to it but offering their services for free. Legally, if it was patented, Raindrop owns it.

Unfortunately, patents are... bad and good things. Good because you'll own something, but bad because ANYONE can patent an idea and it doesn't matter who thought of it first.

Good luck, Raindrop!

Edited by SkySong
  • Brohoof 1

Well, If it does come out, I think I found my next way to never get sleep again. Just wondering though, does Hasbro have any issues with this at all?

I'd expect Hasbro to have just as much or little issues with this as when EO were still being truly worked on.

There had been some contacts made between EO and Hasbro, though, and this may easily have put these contact attempts back some notches, though.

When the Legends of Equestria is finnished...

Brony: Bye, I'm gonna play some LoE now!

Non-brony: You mean LoL?

Brony: *squee*

Edited by Jokuc

• 2 weeks later...