Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reactions to brony clothing

Kodiak

Reaction Level  

108 users have voted

1. 1. Was the typical reaction:

• Awesome (met other bronies because of it, people complimented, etc.)
    • Eh (nopony really cared/noticed)
    • Horrible (getting called names, hateful teases, etc.)
    • Other (Please comment)

I've gotten multiple reactions from haters makin fun of bronies, whistling stuff an hootin and hollerin (bein jack...........anapes), and positive reactions from kids and adults saying how much they love my shirts. And a lot of misunderstood reactions like thinking the pony cutie mark pins on my hat were pride pins, or thinking I was liking the original show. I had to explain to them about the new show, bronies, and how big it is and most of them probably walk away thinking im blowing smoke, but I believe i;ve reached some of them. I love the awesome GOOD responses I've gotten and fellow bronies I've run into just walking around. It's a great feeling.

So far I don't have any shirts. I plan on getting some once I work up the nerve to ask my mom to order some, or to walk in to Hot Topic to see if they have any. But I already know the reactions at school I would get....

Haters, haters everywhere....

(edited)

post-2915-0-30522900-1337471667.jpg

ME WANT!!!

I might buy some and then wear them when i return to school

:( and i'll finally know if there are any bronys in my town or not

Edited by zRevenantz

I have buttons and a chain with Derpy's cutie mark, and one guy said to me: "Sam, why the fuck do you have My Little Pony pins?" I told him why, and he called all his friends bronies. One girl sang the old G3.5 MLP theme. I told her to shut up.

Anyways, I want this belt real badly, my school has a strict dress code thanks to gangs, and they just lifted the ban off of belts that aren't plain black or brown:

Posted Image

• 7 months later...

I went to a local eatery (The Habit) today wearing my Ponified Slayer shirt. I heard a loud "BROHOOF!" And saw a guy I was walking by extending his fist out. It was a righteous brohoof indeed.

THAT. IS. AWESOME. Also, what does the shirt look like? To hear that they'res a Ponified SLAYER shirt surprises me... Buck, I need to get one of those.  :wub:

I'm wearing my new Vinyl Scratch shirt from Emerald City Comicon (here's a link to the shirt: www.welovefine.com/4103-dj-pon3-night-sky.html ) to school tomorrow. I'm a sevvie, and I have a few friends who are haters (Thank GOD they haven't noticed my MLP stuff yet), but tomorrow I'm gonna show off my shirt to the school. Anyone who doesn't like it can go on hating and I won't give a buck.  :umad:

i walk around my college with a brony snap back and tee and no one ever reacts to it. i want to meet other bronies but im shy talk to new people so i hope that brony clothing would get some to come to me but i been doing this for 3 months with no dice :(  

when i at the mall only the cashiers at book stores or game stores compliment me on them but i cant talk to them long cause they have to work :(

Wore my Pinkie Pie T-shirt to school. = Hardly anyone noticed it.

Bought a MLP lanyard & wears it around neck = two bronies noticed it & now we're friends.

I think the lanyard got more attention than Pinkie Pie to be quite honest. xD I always have it (the lanyard) with me every day and bronies seem to come out to me everywhere. :P

However, I really want that Rarity IT. IS. ON. t-shirt.

Well I guess I shouldn't expect any sort of dramatic response, seeing as I'm not a guy (though I do personally know a few bronies that get..well, teased, for wearing the shirts/attire that they do..), but every so often I'll be approached by someone that'll fangirl over my hoodie or shirt and ask where I got it.

Not sure if they're bronies too but hey- it's something!

Besides that, I'll get the occasional kid that'll go out of their way to point my shirt out to their mother. xD Those cases are quite amusing as well.

I have this shirt here: http://www.amazon.com/MY-LITTLE-PONY-DREAMS-Softstyle/dp/B0088FCQQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362372639&sr=8-1&keywords=my+little+pony+dreams+shirt

I commonly wear it to school. My entire class had already known I liked my little pony before I got the shirt, so reactions weren't really bad at all. The worst is that one kid in my class asked me if I supported gay rights. Unfortunately a lot of the time it's hard to tell whether what he's saying is serious or not. My classmates sometimes sing the theme song around me, sometimes with changed words. Can't exactly remember what the words are though.

I've had nothing but compliments to my pony clothing. So far:

- I've gotten a handful of compliments from non-bronies to Dr. Whooves. Probably Whovians, though.

- A guy down the hall who isn't a brony (but is friends with a brony back home), complimented my Nyan Cat Rainbow Dash shirt.

- I got a brohoof from a brony ticket taker at the theater last Friday when I was wearing my Pinkie Pie Portal shirt.

- And my favorite, when I was wearing an open Derpy hoodie with my Steampunk Ponies shirt, a girl yelled "BROHOOF!" to me while I passed her in a campus parking lot. I wish I stopped and talked to her in hindsight...

Really, wearing pony merch is no big deal, just be confident.

(edited)

Alright, so today I wore my Vinyl Scratch Shirt for the first time in public besides Emerald City Comicon. Here's basically the reactions of people around me:

Positive reactions: About five or six "Hey, awesome shirt" comments, and my brony friends loved it.  :wub:

Negative reactions: A "Wow, My Little Pony? Just... wow.", and a "Why the hell are you wearing a shirt of My Little Pony? That show is for little girls!" (To which I replied "Hater's gonna hate." and walked right past him).

Neutral Reactions: My friend Kylee walked up and saw it, asked if I was a brony, and I said yes. She walked away at the end of the conversation seeming caught off guard. Also, I had a friend ask if I was a brony and that he wouldn't tell anyone, to which I replied yes. I had my friend Gavin say "Wow, you're a brony? I'm surprised.", but we just talked like normal. Lastly, I had someone ask "Is that a... Pony on your shirt?" I simply nodded.

All worth it, and I might be getting a Lyra shirt in a week!  :D

Edited by WafflePony

I don't really own any MLP clothing anyways, but I'm a closet brony so I guess I don't really count in this anyways :P.

I have a good feeling that 99% or maybe 100% of the school would make fun of me, I see 0 brony in my school more or less. I guess I never know, but still.

I'm to shy for that type of thing anyways. And we have school uniforms, and I don't go many other places anyways. So not many places I'd be able to show it off anyways.

(edited)

I have two brony shirts- the black "20% cooler" one and a Dr. Hooves one. 99.9999999999% of the time there's no reaction at all, but I have gotten multiple brohoofs from other bronies.

My favorite reaction, though? When a girl working a Radio Shack said she loved my Dr. Hooves shirt. The kicker? She wasn't even a brony/pegasister. She was a Dr. Who fan.

My actual friends are basically, "Eh, whatever."

Edited by hawkflame

I have worn all 5 of my t-shirts to school and I've gotten some weird looks but mostly was greeted by positive reactions.  Only 1 kid called me a homosexual (derogatory word I don't feel like typing).  Met over 20 bronies that way.

I have 2 shirts. A Flutteryay shirt and one with Luna and her "Fun has been doubled!" quote. So far, no reaction from anyone.

Well, I did wear my Luna shirt to Unicon in Vegas, and got alot of reactions out of it, but I don't really count it as it was a pony convention and all, so the reactions where expected.

I also have a Twilight Sparkle bindbag figure I modded into a keychain for my purse, and the only reaction I got was some random little girl wanting to play with it. :P

Edited by SailorCardKnight

I have a shirt and a hoodie. People love my shirt 'cause it's so epic. 

I also have a Rainbow Dash hoodie and people laugh at it in a good way because it's unique. I haven't come across anybody who dislikes my shirt or hoodie. 

The reason why most people don't buy shirts from WeLoveFine is usually because their shirts are so god damn expensive. Come on, 25$ with tax and shipping excluded just for ONE T-Shirt?

Most people do buy stuff from We Love Fine, actually. Otherwise they wouldn't increase their pony merch like every week.

They are expensive, which is why I personally don't buy a lot from there. But you are not gonna find anything just as high-quality for much less. Even Hot Topic and several vendors that sell stuff at anime conventions will resell the pony We Love Fine shirts.

At any rate, I think way back when I posted that, We Love Fine was well-known to most bronies but the newbies still were not sure. I think that since the forum has grown in popularity people have been discovering the site without making their own topics about it.

MLP's not really, like, a thing here, so people don't really notice, positively or negatively.

My mom bought me a shirt with Twilight Sparkle on it for Christmas, though. And my brother got me a shirt with Fluttershy on it for Christmas. I have one more with Rainbow Dash on it that I bought myself. So my family doesn't really care either way. My brother's actually a brony as well, so he, obviously, has a positive view on it.

The only time I've gotten any kind of reaction is from my friend after I started wearing the third pony shirt around her. She'd already seen the other two numerous times. She was like "So, is all you own pony shirts, now?" And I'm like "No, I've got other shirts." I continued on to describe to her the shirts I own. She responded saying, "Yeah, when's the last time you wore any of those?" Touché, friend... It was all in good fun, though.

Edited by Clover Heart

It usually ranges from eh to awesome. I've had a bronies complement my shirts before. I got my first brohoof for wearing a Fluttershy shirt. :P Then there are some days when no one says anything. But I've never gotten a negative reaction before.