Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you lived in Equestria...

Luurilka

interesting line of thought, so many things could be done, make it rain chocolate and time how long it takes pinky to go comatose? observe commerce hardly seen in the show... and obviously get my mack on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If I had the power of a god in my favorite fantasy world? I would create a city, so vast and so grand it would make Canterlot look like Appleloosa! With Celestia's permission, it would be on the coast. It would be constructed of the finest in precious metals and shining marble. It would have facilities like a academies for many disciplines, monorails, theatres, museums, research facilities, and a weather factory. The tallest skyscrapers would stretch into the clouds. Specifically, the city's cloud layers, where even more living space and work places would be. (All building entrances to the cloud layers would have a cloud-walking spell on auto cast.) The city would even stretch into the subterranean where the gems are mined for various resources. Diamond Dogs could be hired alongside miner ponies and paid with a percentage of the gems dug up. The city would even stretch out into the ocean, with layers above and below the ocean surface. Magic would keep free-standing water pockets suspended so the friendly but reclusive hippocampi could navigate the city along with the air breathing ponies. For energy, the city would run a powerful resource revealed below. Falling back on a special reserve of magic gems from the mines for emergency power. Vast greenhouses would be built for the production of food on every layer except the cloud layer. The earth ponies' magic would truly come into it's own between optimal conditions of the greenhouse and their own enchanting of the soil to produce magnificent crops. The city itself would be arranged in arcane geometric patterns to enhance all magic within it. A company of Griffon mercenaries would act as my personal guard and military should the city require defense. If all else fails, I'll awaken the dragon sleeping under my castle! . . . What? Don't think I can do it? I'm immortal, I have more than enough time to secure an alliance with a dragon before the first brick is even laid! I'll give him a place to sleep and the promise nopony would disturb him if he were to answer my summons in an emergency. Magical filtration systems in the castle would sift the smog from his breathing. Not only keeping the air from being poisoned, but also providing the whole city with power via the magic given off by a dragon's breath.

What would I name this metropolis? . . . I would call it St. Equinas, and it would be my glorious domain.

• Brohoof 1

If I had the power of a god in my favorite fantasy world? I would create a city, so vast and so grand it would make Canterlot look like Appleloosa! With Celestia's permission, it would be on the coast. It would be constructed of the finest in precious metals and shining marble. It would have facilities like a academies for many disciplines, monorails, theatres, museums, research facilities, and a weather factory. The tallest skyscrapers would stretch into the clouds. Specifically, the city's cloud layers, where even more living space and work places would be. (All building entrances to the cloud layers would have a cloud-walking spell on auto cast.) The city would even stretch into the subterranean where the gems are mined for various resources. Diamond Dogs could be hired alongside miner ponies and paid with a percentage of the gems dug up. The city would even stretch out into the ocean, with layers above and below the ocean surface. Magic would keep free-standing water pockets suspended so the friendly but reclusive hippocampi could navigate the city along with the air breathing ponies. For energy, the city would run a powerful resource revealed below. Falling back on a special reserve of magic gems from the mines for emergency power. Vast greenhouses would be built for the production of food on every layer except the cloud layer. The earth ponies' magic would truly come into it's own between optimal conditions of the greenhouse and their own enchanting of the soil to produce magnificent crops. The city itself would be arranged in arcane geometric patterns to enhance all magic within it. A company of Griffon mercenaries would act as my personal guard and military should the city require defense. If all else fails, I'll awaken the dragon sleeping under my castle! . . . What? Don't think I can do it? I'm immortal, I have more than enough time to secure an alliance with a dragon before the first brick is even laid! I'll give him a place to sleep and the promise nopony would disturb him if he were to answer my summons in an emergency. Magical filtration systems in the castle would sift the smog from his breathing. Not only keeping the air from being poisoned, but also providing the whole city with power via the magic given off by a dragon's breath.

What would I name this metropolis? . . . I would call it St. Equinas, and it would be my glorious domain.

Sounds like a futuristic version of Manehattan

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Sounds like a futuristic version of Manehattan

Posted Image

Well Manehatten is the pony version of New York, and New York is only the American rendition of a much older concept. That is, "The Shining City on a Hill." I'm very partial to the Enlightenment Era lines of thought, a massive urban center of peaceful and productive coexistence holds no small amount of appeal to me.
  • Brohoof 1

So if I was there, I would probably avoid telling any of the ponies that I was from another world. Prime Directive and all. Second, I would find a plot of land that none of them cared about and build a house or some kind of base of operations. I would make sure to have a well hidden basement. And I would probably patent a bunch of ideas, knowing in advance the kind of technology that awaited Equestria.

No Happy Boxes though. We all remember what happened last time those were brought into a civilization.

Edited by SBaby

I would blow up and kill everything. JK!! I would turn every chicken (Yes and scootaloo) in a potato, every cow into a leek, every pony into a sentient robot, every cloud into a black hole that only sucks up candy!! I WOULD BE MORE CHAOTIC THAN DISCORD!!!

Duh! Turn the Royal Family into apple pies and feed them to unsuspecting ponies, while forging a document saying I'm to be the next ruler of Equestria, which I will run with an iron fist. And all the Mane 6 will think I'm awesome and be my BESTEST FRIENDS.

Also, I would make Derpy head mailpony.