Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

post-461-0-34924600-1328169531_thumb.jpg

I'm actually a pretty huge fan of Human Ponies Shipping

And I've seen a few NSFW Human Ponies Blogs and well... I like those too ;)

Most of them have a rule to not get too graphic when they're in Pony Form, but when they're in Human Form... well... all rules tend to be thrown out the window :P

[New siggy in progress!]

Human ponies confuses me...not because I can't grasp the concept, but because I'm not sure what to think of it.

Plus, there never seems to be an agreed depiction for Twilight. I've seen her as all races, pretty much and I can't decide which is the most appropriate look for her.

Used to be known on here as Kyronea.

Want to read psychological analyses of the Mane Six? Start here.

Honestly... I really don't like shipping. The only shipping I like it FRIENDshipping :P

Keep in mind the characters really do, in canon, all share a close loving bond, and in some cases have trusted eachother with eachother's lives, saved eachother's lives... It's a really meaningful love they have for eachother... My favorite scene the whole series has to be the group hug at the end of episode 23, when they all realized they were connected by the sonic rainboom since they were fillies. Honestly I teared up a little... It's just their love doesn't go there... And I'm very glad. It's so much more pure the way it is like that with just frienshipping.

One of the wonderful, adorable, endearing things about the show is the innocence of it all. It really bothers me that nobody objected to someone "clopping"

:huh:

I mean seriously, how would the characters actually react? They'd be disgusted, horrified, even scared, not to mention scarred... :(

And anyways, isn't the forum supposed to be PG-rated?...

Really this thread is kinda the opposite of the "which pony would you sleep with?" thread where everyone turned it into something a lot more innocent. I was proud of the community then...

I'm sorry if this was already posted somewhere in the thread. I didn't look through all 38 pages... :blink:

Oh boy, here comes the mobbing replies...

EDIT:

I'm not too into shipping, in fact I hate it except under some very, very rare occasions. But there is one ship that I support wholeheartedly and is practically verified by canon. A ship so grand as to make the other ships tremble in its wake.

The Great and Powerful Trixie x The Great and Powerful Trixie

I just saw this - Hmm...

EDIT:

I kinda wanted to add a little Jimminy Cricket type deal I've learned from experience and looking around me...

Romances are really based on hormones and emotion. Those come and go, and when they do, it lead to a lot of heartbreak, intense emotions which can lead to violence and a lot of other terrible things...

But friendships, the entire theme of the show, go much deeper than that.

Personally, I feel like the person I'll end up spending my life with will be my very best friend ever, first, and a romance partner, at a distant second. That's a much more stable, meaningful relationship, which love will be far stronger than anything else...

I know it's not a popular view in any way at all, and in fact it's greatly, greatly condemned in modern society, but you know, that cricket on your shoulder is there for a reason, and from what I've seen and felt, life will be a lot more peaceful and relationships will be a lot more meaningful and deep if you'll listen...

Oh, boy, and I was worried about mobs before!...

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a student Royal Astrophysicist that loves kindness, rationality, curiosity, open-mindedness and deep intellectual discussions! Oh, and a nice quiet evening with a book, paper, quill, and some hot cocoa!

A Deviantart Account: (and have been featured on EQD on multiple occasions) http://eagle1division.deviantart.com/

I have a fimfic: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/Star%20Scraper
And I have a science tumblr! http://asksciencepony.tumblr.com/

So I have this rather confusing Lyra/Bon-Bon picture. It's...really weird, featuring Bon-Bon shoving XBoxes down Lyra's throat. Spoilered, naturally:

Posted Image

Can someone explain this one to me? I don't get it.

Used to be known on here as Kyronea.

Want to read psychological analyses of the Mane Six? Start here.

So I have this rather confusing Lyra/Bon-Bon picture. It's...really weird, featuring Bon-Bon shoving XBoxes down Lyra's throat. Spoilered, naturally:

Posted Image

um i'm not sure what to say except that Ps3's better, JK JK oh freakin'ell

I'm the Son of Celestia And when i'm King who else did you think would be Queen?

untitled-1.png

Posted Image

Posted Image

The internet continues to amaze me.

pete-alonso1.jpg.f27295daeb2f61a9d83493a73c62079d.jpg

Domine, tu omnia nosti, tu scis quia amo te.

*Avoiding another wall of text<3*

I can understand your view on this matter, and I do much agree that when it comes to love, who other than the best of freinds can share an even deeper bond. Though, the realtionshipping in the MLP community is atleast somewhat tolerable compared to what goes on in other series. I personnly have nothing against shipping, and it's because of the friendship theme on the actual show that I can approve of it in the fandom. The mane 6 in the show share a deep emotional connection between eachother which, in the series, are described as a friendship.

But! When being as close friends as they all may be, going from a friendship to a relationship isn't a very big gap. They just express their feelings for their "friend" in an even deeper matter, while actually embracing everything that they do feel. I find the kind of friendship they have in the series to be a little unnatural if you compare it to actual friendships, and therefor, to me atleast, it all seems like a much bigger and meaningful thing if you think of them as having subtle relationships with eachother.

That is my view on it atleast.

• Brohoof 2

Signa-2.jpg