Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer to be alone or surrounded by people?

Lightning Fluttershy

Alone or social?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Teh ultimate question \o/

• I prefer to be alone. Just me and my thoughts.
    • I don't mind a few friends around or pretty small groups of people.
    • I LOVE PEOPLE. I'm a social butterfly!
    • Depends on the circumstance. All three are cool by me.

I'm probably about to repeat what others have said before, but for me, I don't mind being in small groups, but it depends on the people in the group. A lot of people in my year at school are realllly immature and that gets annoying after a while http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png. But if I'm with my friends it's fine :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I prefer being alone.I'm used to being alone,and thats my life 99.9% of the time,but that doesnt mean I like people.It's just that I need time.To stop,and think.Plus you can rarely get privacy these days.

I dont mind hanging around people.Depending on who it is.

Edited by Flutter derps

Groups of friends are more than enough for me, I hate being in large groups with people I don't know, it makes me feel uncomfortable. Aside from that I do enjoy being alone quite a bit, it gives me a peace of mind.

Being quite anti-social, I mostly like being alone, but I do get lonely so if I do hang with people, then just a small group, being in a huge group overwhelms me, and makes me retreat into my shell even more, just not that type that like a lot of social activity.

• Brohoof 1

I like to have a small group of friends with me. I dislike large groups because usually there is going to be someone who hates me or will mock me.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer to be alone. I'm very bad at being social even within my own family. Which is why I find myself enjoying joining forums like this one to hang out with people who share the same interests as myself. that way I can feel like i'm being social.

For a large portion of my time, I enjoy being by myself. That said, I love being around my group of close friends, and easily start to feel lonely if I'm absolutely secluded for too long. It's strangers, and huge crowds of people that I just don't identify with and avoid. One of the reasons I despise being a cashier. You're forced to sit there and interact with stranger after stranger with no room to move, no room to do anything but the same repetitive process.

• Brohoof 2

I prefer to be alone. But, I do enjoy the time I spend with my family, friends, and co-workers. Part of me doesn't trust anybody, but another part of me does, I'm like both sides at the same time, and its really confusing. I don't like large crowds of people though, its not that I'm calustrophobic, I just can't stand so many people in one area. That could be a good reason why I never attend any conventions, but yet, I still want to.

I feel that if I need to talk to someone, then I will, but I can't be forced tot alk to someone, it keeps me quiet..

I really don't like people all that much. They're noisy, invasive, and usually have interests that differ from mine. If people are civilized, cover their mouth when they cough, keep a steady volume, chew with their mouth closed, mind proper manners, don't trek their dirty footprints onto the carpet, keep the bathroom floor dry whenever possible, turn off lights when not in use, keep their music in their headphones, keep their thoughts and discussions above a sixth grade maturity level, believe in equal share of work for equal reward, don't snore, don't talk in their sleep, don't pester me when I want to be left alone, talk with me whenever I need someone to talk to, occasionally do nice things for me without expecting anything in return, keep out of business they're not supposed to be poking their noses into, never ask to borrow large amounts of money, never ask questions that they could find out in three seconds by googling, never bother me when I'm gaming, never stream video or download when I'm gaming, smell nice, and hug me when I'm sad...

Then I'll consider it.

I prefer to have a close group of friends I can rely on, but don't live in each others pocket. There are times of course where I like to mingle with my not so close friends in a large group but that is a rare occurrence, usually at a gig or something.

I'm cool with all three. Being alone is a great time to think about the world, the universe, philosophy, the meaning of life, etc. In small groups I can talk about serious things and talk with friends. In large groups I can small talk and stuff.

I've never met somebody who actually likes to be in large groups. Who does?

I'd like to be alone sometimes with myself but I think I couldn't resist long time being alone... Often I need to be with my friends (just with my very close friends). I like to be with many people too but I don't like to be surrounded for a long time, especially having guests at home.

• 2 years later...

I prefer to be alone. The majority of my time spent was being alone so I enjoy it more and I'm very much comfortable with it. It does have flaws, thoughts of not being accepted, etc.

Whenever I'm out in public in a library or something with tables, I sit far away from everyone. I tend to get stares by groups of people, so those are my high-priority-avoid-at-all-costs. They don't like me very much, I'm weird, and weird is bad (says society).

I feel much more myself in being alone, not having a burden or worries. I think much clearer that way.

• Brohoof 1

I would rather be alone mate. Every person I have ever come in contact with has betrayed me, even my own family. Can't really trust you unless you mean alot to me. I like my time alone, lets me think about life and what I can do.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really care, tbh. I do just fine being surrounded by people as I do being alone.