Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do most of you care what other people think?

mycarhasaMoustache

it's human nature. people care about what other people think of them sometimes. so bronies are no different. anyone who has something they like being attacked then of course they'll stand up for it.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Brohoof 6

Good point.

Probably because the way the haters show hate for us ticks them off. Another possible reason is that ponies mean a lot to them, and seeing some idiot dissing us bronies out sends a spark somewhere in their heart. It all depends.

But what your saying is true. Us bronies shouldn't really care about what others think of us, and just be happy to watch the show. That's the whole point of a hater...to make us pissed off. And when they see us get mad or sad, that just makes them think they've won. So, if a hater does anything, just ignore them. Simple as that. Maybe you can send back a sarcastic comment or two, but that's about it.

I can understand being bothered by what they're saying, but letting them know that they made you mad is just a one-way ticket for them to keep going on trolling.

Edited by Pixiesong
  • Brohoof 5

I believe it's because of the way those haters hate on MLP. See, at least for me, when a person hates something sensibly it's fine, but if they're just irrationally hating ON something, then it becomes a problem.

• Brohoof 2

it's human nature. people care about what other people think of them sometimes. so bronies are no different. anyone who has something they like being attacked then of course they'll stand up for it.

yes I understand that but if you try and defend your self against a hater it will only make things worse for you not them they will just get enjoyment out of it hence the reason they are hating in the first place

• Brohoof 1

I personally try not to care about it. I sometimes give my opinion, but I don't usually get angry about it. I guess people just don't like it when people bash what they are doing.

• Brohoof 3

I believe it's because of the way those haters hate on MLP. See, at least for me, when a person hates something sensibly it's fine, but if they're just irrationally hating ON something, then it becomes a problem.

Haters are irrational people thats the problem if you approach them with logic and reason they will just shoot you down with things like "urr u fag" and other retarded things along those lines. I understand being angry at haters but what I dont understand is why people try to counter them it never works a haters one goal is to make people angry so when you show anger towards them it makes them happy where as if everyone was to just ignore them and let them get on with it in their pathetic empty lives, Haters post hate and then sit there and just refresh the page till someone replys to the hate, where as if nobody bothers to even look at what they are hating on then they will just disappear into back into there their grimy little corner.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache

Hate is nothing more then an ignorance based upon the principals that guide you and have cause and effect. Basically, create a negative experience for someone else, and it hurts your in return becuase that other person now has negative emotion memory of you and can forgive you all they want because of tolerance, but it still keeps you in the dark as you learn nothing about love and kindness.

• Brohoof 2

If you wanted to put it scientifically our brains are made to care what others think. That was necessary to out survival when Homo Sapiens first formed social bonds. And we are still that way today, some evidence for this is the effect of the Placebo and suggestibility. The same reason all those fake and complete utter lies like magnet therapy or reflexology or supplements seem to work. They seem to work because you get told they will.

So when someone disagrees with you kind of try to get as many people on your side of the argument as possible. Without core brain processes like this society would not exist. But we'll still always try to see some truth in the other person's argument because back in the day if you trusted no one you would die.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

Because my interests are tailored solely to be accepted by others.

At least, that's what I'd say if I gave a damn. Truth is, I don't. Haters, anti-bronies, whatever you want to call them, they're stupid, and I'm not being hyperbolic in the least when I say that. And because they're stupid, their opinion becomes irrelevant. So I can really just leave it at that.

• Brohoof 1

its fun to approach haters with a 100% agree attitude. "nice shirt fag" "thanks, i love to wear this shirt while being all gay and shit" it literally takes all their ammo away from them and leaves them with nothing. whats the rebuttle? you cant come back with anything without looking repetitive and stupid. its kinda fun to make a game out of it and take all the wind out of their sails.

• Brohoof 2

Common enemy? We like to hate. It's a thing. I mean, look at Hitler. We hate Hitler. A lot. I mean, I'm not chums with Hitler, but you never know. He might be nice. Well, I'm brown, so he might not be nice to me.

I'm kidding. Totally.

It's mostly just us liking hating stuff.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest... I dont give a flying pile a poop what people think about me... unless its someone I really look up too or love.

But if someone thinks its stupid that I watch my little pony, That's their problem and they should figure it out.

I wrote a more full response pertaining to this under the topic Where does the brony draw their line? if you care to read it.

I agree with you. I must say that this is one of the major cons of the internet. You run into thousand of people on the web so it's a breeding ground for quick judgement and factions. As one of the United States' "founding fathers" James Madison said this is natural of a free state, or in this case and application, a free cyberspace.

Still, in addition to the wonders of internet communication, who ultimately matters are the people you physically spend time with day to day. This is unfortunately not the case for those who have unsettling families and such, yet human contact along with those you invest your want for approval from should not be disregarded of their high importance.

Edited by Party Cannon

It's kinda human nature isn't it? From a young age we are trained to seek approval from others, and there are certainly pros and cons to that aspect of humanity. Sure, a lot of us would love to tune it out when people mock us but it isn't always that easy.

Kudos to you who are able to just shrug it off, that's probably the best thing to do

• Brohoof 1

Pffft, i'm suprised people still are upset about it. I mean, any new bronies are most likely not used to it by now but, Alot of "Veteran bronies" Are constantly reacting. We should have an Equestrian holiday for going an entire day without reacting or getting pissed off by random trolls and haters... I know it's not going to happen but it'd be good for teaching new-comers to just ignore jerks...

• Brohoof 1

Hey that's generalizing! Not nice to do, and I take insult to that!

Lol, I'm just joking... Kinda...

I don't care what people think about me because one day they will be dead, and then who will be laughing? Not me, because I will also be dead one day. See how that works? Now shut up and enjoy life...

Getting back at haters isn't exactly caring what others think. I don't care what haters think about MLP, like most bronies, but some bronies still think it's right to put hate on them, even if they didn't hate. As I said above, if I know it's a hater, I don't care what they think about MLP because I know they'll be negative about it. If we did care then we wouldn't be bronies any more.

However, I do care what people think (even the haters in a way) because I am respecting their opinion and considering their thoughts.

Good point.

Probably because the way the haters show hate for us ticks them off. Another possible reason is that ponies mean a lot to them, and seeing some idiot dissing us bronies out sends a spark somewhere in their heart. It all depends.

But what your saying is true. Us bronies shouldn't really care about what others think of us, and just be happy to watch the show. That's the whole point of a hater...to make us pissed off. And when they see us get mad or sad, that just makes them think they've won. So, if a hater does anything, just ignore them. Simple as that. Maybe you can send back a sarcastic comment or two, but that's about it.

I can understand being bothered by what they're saying, but letting them know that they made you mad is just a one-way ticket for them to keep going on trolling.

I agree with this the most. While personally, outside of my family and very close friends I don’t care what anyone thinks. I do care about Ponies a lot. The show and fandom mean a lot to me, so yes, when people make uninformed, judgmental, rude, and blatantly false statements I do get angered sometimes.

As far as people knowing I don’t care what anyone thinks. Everyone I know knows I am into ponies so I’m not worried about what people are thinking about me in that regard.