Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What world issue do you care most about?

Reecejackox

Social inequality and poverty. Factors that could potentially increase violence, insecurity and crime. Not to say that white-collar crime is not a factor. I've seen people in stable economic situations playing the legal system to exploit and steal from others. Lawyers cheating their clients out of money and properties just because they can.

We are what we are, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

The ones that affect me. If it does not affect me then while I may care to some extent, it still does not affect me. I do not know how much I can elaborate to not make my post political and against the rules.

This thread is not designated to form a debate between users on a controversial topic.

The Debate Symposium exists for a reason. Please keep this in mind.

This thread will be promptly closed if debates start.

....surprisingly I have none..... Huh.....this shouldnt be a surprise but..... Im shocked i have none....help i need one quickly!

Moments ago, Kujamih said:

....surprisingly I have none..... Huh.....this shouldnt be a surprise but..... Im shocked i have none....help i need one quickly!

Or maybe i just forgot....

Hmmmm to think a moment :unamused::

• Poverty:  So I don't say grow up "poor poor",  I had a warm house, food,  cable, dail up net for back in the day as a kid, anime, camping,  spending money I earned from chores, books.  Yet I know a lot of kids did have it "worse" then me.   My thing is now having grown up,  made my money,  studied things,   given how money/wealth works and the rising cost of "living"  seeing so many ppl/familys well, ending up homeless and the shallowness others show or feel does hit a button with me.   And also to state: I have been homeless twice.  So I also come from a corner understanding a bit more then others might....
  • Book Banning:  The rise of book banning has been a buttom for me,  given I love learning and belive in the freedom of knowlge and learning.    So the rise of book banning in schools and even public libaries has been a issue for me.  

The centralization of power which has been a continuous process since the collapse of the Roman Empire with only minor and temporary pauses or reversals. Related is the dominance of the managerial class, and its implications on social orders.

• Brohoof 1

Hm may be too soon to say this or perhaps ignorant but I stopped caring in general about world issues. I used to go about and care while “preaching” the rights and wrong with the world issues we are facing. But now I have come to realize that our world is nothing more but a broken record of repetition and basically just there for us to live out our human nature. I had spend at least 15 years since I was teen caring and focused on world issues that it made me feel nothing but disappointment. So with that in mind, I learned I don’t want to spend the rest of my life growing old worrying over something that is beyond my control. And if something would to happen where it got me involved, well that’s for the future me to bitch about.  Beside there are over billions of other who does care, so I think the world wouldn’t notice or miss if one person or a few actually stop caring. 

I consider myself a far left nihilist. While there are plenty of issues that I am passionate about and very much wish to see solved, I've given up any and all hope in such a thing happening in any regard. The human race is too far gone, too corrupted and too greedy to ever solve anything. Tis one of the many reasons why I question even bringing back the debate pit. Such debates are a  total waste of time if you ask me, because nothing is going to change for the better anyways.

We can debate all we want, but words alone will never move walls. 

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

I do not care about worldwide issues as much as I do the issues that affect my country (the USA), especially the ones that affect me personally. Until my country's issues are no longer severe, I cannot place my concern for worldwide issues above them. While that does seem selfish, I hold the belief that we should take care of ourselves first, and then take care of others. If we don't take care of ourselves first, we won't be in the condition to help others and so we accomplish nothing but self-destruction.

Anyways, since the topic asks for what world issue that I care about the most, I would say it is poverty.

• 2 weeks later...

Corruption and dishonesty in government, especially elections. When one side cheats to win an election and the other doesn’t, you end up on a slippery slope and no one will win. And dishonesty in the press; bias and propaganda serve no one.

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Corruption and dishonesty in government, especially elections. When one side cheats to win an election and the other doesn’t, you end up on a slippery slope and no one will win. And dishonesty in the press; bias and propaganda serve no one.

So true, Dreamy. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

You've said it much better than I.

• Brohoof 2