Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How fast can you type?

Winterbass

Words per minute (WPM) 86 Keystrokes 437
(432 | 5) Correct words 83 Wrong words 1

You are better than 92.9% of all users (position 6441 of 90704 - last 24 hours)

That is to much... :P

Words per minute (WPM) 1 Keystrokes 6
(6 | 0) Correct words 1 Wrong words 0

You are better than 0% of all users (position 90768 of 90768 - last 24 hours)

Awww yeah!!! Last place!

Edited by Concord

Oh wait, I got the website working with my comp and not my moms. So, here's my results.

Words per minute (WPM): 47 (my favourite number)

Keystrokes: 248

Correct words: 43

Wrong words: 4 (from twitchy fingers hitting the space bar)

This is from using my middle fingers only. I cant type with the asdfjkl; thing.

Ok here's mine.

WPM - 87

Keystrokes - 440

Correct words - 82

Wrong words - 2

You are better than 93% of all users (position 6386 out of 90,895 in the lat 24 hours)

This was taken on 10fastfingers.com, and I type with the asdf jkl; method, whatever you call it.

Edited by Rolls Royce

Let us just say that I'm slow.....

I'm not great with computers in the first place and I just recently started to use computers....so it doesn't really help. :lol:

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer

Words per minute (WPM) 45 Keystrokes 231
(227 | 4) Correct words 44 Wrong words 1 You are better than 64.22% of all users (position 32427 of 90625 - last 24 hours)

Well...Thats what I got. Im not very good at typing things that I see but if I know what I am typing than I can do it pretty fast... Like this for example, I probably typed all this just under a minute.

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~

I got a total of 38 WPM. 38 words correct and 2 wrong.

I could have done better. I had to keep looking up to see what words to type. When I type, I type what I want to type. So, my guess is my WPM is around 50-60. Considering I mainly only use my pointer finger, middle finger, and my thumb (I use my thumb for the spacebar.)

I'm amazed how fast all of you guys can type!

1_wpm_score_BR.png

...*snickers*

I have 66 correct words, 0 wrong words.

344 correct keystrokes, 0 incorrect.

Better than 84.52% of all users (position 14049 of 90739 - last 24 hours)

Welp. I took another one. And this time... I did even better. Less mistakes. AND faster. 

Now I really feel like a legitimate no-life. I mean, I am one... so it's alright, I guess...

post-6557-0-01130900-1355861443.png

Wow! I am so good! c: 

Here's my real score, though.

post-6557-0-67369300-1355860596.png

Edited by Senjougahara

I am very ashamed :< My WPM is 56. I must work on this to be the best that I can be!  I NEED TO TYPE EM ALL! *Cue pokemon theme*

Anyways...

Words per minute (WPM) 56 Keystrokes 314
(278 | 36) Correct words 57 Wrong words 8 You are better than 74.76% of all users (position 23082 of 91465 - last 24 hours)

Oh wow. I thought I only typed between 90-100 words per minute, but apparently I'm a bit faster than that (or at least I can type simple disjointed words quicker than actual paragraphs).

1_wpm_score_DP.png

And if you wanna see the stats...

9VPlb.png

BAM. I feel special now.  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Here's mine.

img-1008802-1-1_wpm_score_CA.png

I think i might have kinda stuttered on a few words. i'm gonna retake it in a bit, see if i can improve my score.

Also, do you think it's faster to go back and redo red words, or skip them and go to the next one?

edit:

Just barely better.

1_wpm_score_CD.png

81_418_0_0_76_3_90.8_8432_91632.jpg

Think i should practice? I might have a few typing games hidden in the giant stack of CDs I call 'my childhood'...   :P

Edited by Ninjaneer

Also, do you think it's faster to go back and redo red words, or skip them and go to the next one?

I usually go back and fix them out of habit, but if you can't do it quickly enough I assume it's better to just skip them. I think my backspace key hates me.  :(

i got 68 wpm after a few tries however i can type faster if im typing from thought and not having to change my line of sight as i am not that great at typing without looking at the keyboard but when i do i am relatively fast.

Some of you guys are just nuts, but I guess I didn't do too badly. I always go back and fix misspelled words, it's just a habit I've developed over the years.

t2XP9.png

I feel like I can type faster when I'm not trying to copy down something written on the screen, since I can keep my fingers at least in my peripheral vision.  

Regardless, on this test I got 65 WPM.  Not bad considering I've only had this keyboard for a month.  I really do need to get better at hitting certain keys with certain fingers so I don't get "lost" when it comes to hitting others, though.  I hope that's not incredibly confusing to read...

Edited by Pony Joe

I sit at 81 with 408:6 ratio of strokes to mistakes. Missed only one word.

Sounds about right and that's only because these were really easy words. if they threw a bunch of punctuation and complicated words in there it'd be harder. I type via muscle memory mostly so that's why I have good speeds.

I'd be good for data entry but data entry jobs are pretty hard to find these days because technology has advanced far enough to do most of that for you just by entering data into a small text box.

1_wpm_score_BS.png

Visit the Typing Test and try!

This is me being really rusty. My record on a different test, which is more accurate but definitely more difficult, puts me at around 65-70 average and 80 on record pace. Maybe if I practice some more...

(Typing a bunch of random words really quickly to strangly addictive :S)

I averaged between 50-60 each time, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't exceed much higher than 60... And someponies are getting WELL over my score...

I'm ju-... how do you guys do it? seriously? (I know, lots of practice, but I'm just so damn confused...)

Solid 74 wpm, no mistakes.  (I correct mistakes by habit)

Not bad for self-taught typing.  (Never passed a typing class in my life...)

However, if I'm typing sentences I seem to type faster, instead of random words...

• Brohoof 1

105 WPM with a couple mistakes. The randomness of the words probably slowed most of down a bit, since we are used to speaking coherently when we type (well...most of us, anyways).

On this test I averaged about 75-80 words per minute. I think I would do a bit better considering these were completely random words, and there was a bit of a thought process to type them up. If you are just writing something like a post on a forum(Hey, kinda like this one!) I feel like I can push words out much faster considering I know what I wanna say before I get to that said word so I already have it stored in my memory and don't have to stop and look and think about what I am about to type.