Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony t shirt reactions 'n' stuff!

Keylise<3

Well, I don't know, but I'll wear mine that came today in school tomorrow. Got a cup with Lyra and Bon Bon on it too. :D
However, I don't think my friends will care that much, my teachers and classmates on the other hand... heh, that'll be intresting. 

Oh, and also, I don't think that your friends will care that much about it. If they truely like you, then they'll atleast accept this part too. 

Sorry for crappy english, I'm from Sweden. 

Well, I don't know, but I'll wear mine that came today in school tomorrow. Got a cup with Lyra and Bon Bon on it too. :D

However, I don't think my friends will care that much, my teachers and classmates on the other hand... heh, that'll be intresting. 

Oh, and also, I don't think that your friends will care that much about it. If they truely like you, then they'll atleast accept this part too. 

Sorry for crappy english, I'm from Sweden. 

I'm from Sweden as well, and i'm 14 ;)

Friends don't care about what you wear. the interesting thing is all the looks you get from random people :)

• Brohoof 1

I've only gotten a few reactions to the shirts that I've worn. And they were all complements and even one brohoof from some guys at this local gas station that is near my house. :3

I'm at school right now and i'm wearing this Derpy shirt. I got a brohoof from some random guy in the hall

I cannot help but feel that that shirt is in bad taste....

I've only gotten a few reactions to the shirts that I've worn. And they were all complements and even one brohoof from some guys at this local gas station that is near my house. :3

I cannot help but feel that that shirt is in bad taste....

Please don't come to this forum just to bash on what other people like, I enjoy this shirt and I don't like having other people telling me it is "In bad taste". And plus, its Derpy, and she's really cute :)

Please don't come to this forum just to bash on what other people like, I enjoy this shirt and I don't like having other people telling me it is "In bad taste". And plus, its Derpy, and she's really cute

Please point out where there was any "bashing" at all.

I never said It was in bad taste, but that I felt like it might be. Not because I think it looks bad, but simply because of the fact that some people view her as mentally challenged and its says "I'm special", which, has been used in very negative ways before referring to being mentally challenged. Hence, how I could think it could possibly be in bad taste.

If I was bashing it, I'd straight up say that I thought it looked horrible or something. Trust me, you'd know if I was.

I have no reason to bash anything, especially if it has Derpy  on it considering she's one of my favorite ponies and whatnot (unless Doctor Whooves is involved...>.>).

In all honestly, I like it myself. Its not a bad shirt at all and Derpy is absolutely adorable on it. Its just that phrase is very off-putting due to the negative uses of it.

Please point out where there was any "bashing" at all.

I never said It was in bad taste, but that I felt like it might be. Not because I think it looks bad, but simply because of the fact that some people view her as mentally challenged and its says "I'm special", which, has been used in very negative ways before referring to being mentally challenged. Hence, how I could think it could possibly be in bad taste.

If I was bashing it, I'd straight up say that I thought it looked horrible or something. Trust me, you'd know if I was.

I have no reason to bash anything, especially if it has Derpy  on it considering she's one of my favorite ponies and whatnot (unless Doctor Whooves is involved...>.>).

In all honestly, I like it myself. Its not a bad shirt at all and Derpy is absolutely adorable on it. Its just that phrase is very off-putting due to the negative uses of it.

Oh ok I understand what you mean I guess if someone was to take that shirt to seriously it could be found offensive. Its all good :). Sorry for misinterpreting your words

• Brohoof 2

Probably the most reactions come from the YAY shirt I have.  Last time I wore it out I don't think there was a single person not staring at me when I wasn't looking.  Then when I looked at them, they acted like they weren't.  Now when I'm at home on the weekend and walk out to get the mail or take out the trash, I could stop traffic because I've also got on Rainbow Dash PJ pants with the Fluttershy shirt and if I'm cooking I've got on a matching apron....

Edited by Thundershy
  • Brohoof 1

Let me tell you a coule of stories! They both come from the same vacation, last September, in Tennessee.

I have several pony shirts, but this one is my favourite, and the one I wear most often.img-1151787-1-too-shy.jpg

The first one - and the most touching one - happened the day we went to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge. I was wearing this shirt. A ride op on the Tennessee Tornado had commented briefly on it, but I didn't think much of it. The awesome thing happened when I was riding Barnstormer  - the $5.5m S&S Screamin' Swing built in 2011, for you thrill junkies out there - again. There were no lines anywhere all day and I walked right on. On the ride in the seats next to me was a little girl - maybe 5 or 6, it's hard for me to tell, but she was barely tall enough to ride! - and her father. She saw me take a seat and fasten my restraint, and I swear, when she saw my shirt, the glow on her face is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen in my life. "FLUTTERSHY! IT'S FLUTTERSHY!!" She was virtually screaming it, pointing at it, and me, with the biggest smile I've ever seen on a kid's face ever. Oh lord, she LOVED the shirt and Fluttershy! Once the ride was over and I, of course, looped back around and boarded yet again, my brother decided to join me once more. When we got back, guess who was back on the ride. It was the girl, but this time with her mother. When she saw me, she started pointing and squealing, and went, "MOM! MOM! There''s the man with the Fluttershy shirt! I love Fluttershy!" Her mom smiled at me and said, "She hasn't stopped talking about that since she got off the ride." Then the girl saw my brother's triforce shirt, she exclaimed, "Zelda!!!"

This little girl loves ponies and Zelda. I had two thoughts: One, these parents are rasing this kid right. Two, does she have an older sister I can date? :P

Once the ride was over, and I was leavig the ride, she came up to me and asked if she could trade her shirt (It was a Disney princesses shirt) for mine! I simply replied that I didn't think her shirt would fit me well, haha. I met up back with my own little group (well, my parents) and started to head back towards the coasters again, but before I left, I noticed the little girl was still staring and pointing at me as her parents were trying to head somewhere else as well.

That little girl's happiness and enthuisiasm made the entire day, and my wearing of the shirt, completely worth it. And this from someone who doesn't even like kids that much! It was just so heartwarming seeing her huge smile and knowing that at leat some of the target audience likes the show.

The second experience happened either the following day or two days after that, back near in our room in Gatlinburg. I was at the CD store in Mountain Mall (best selection of metal I've ever seen anywhere, by the way, if a bit pricey) browsing CDs when a teen walked up to me from across the store. "Okay, I saw your shirt [i had on a RD 'deal with it' tee at the moment] and I just had to come over here..." she said, and then lifted her fist. It was the first IRL brohoof I've ever received and I told her that, elated to have finally met a fan in my own age class (turns out she was a young teen, but still) on the street. We gushed over the show in the metal section of that cramped little CD store for the better part of half an hour, talking about the fandom, episodes, whatever. It's the first show chat I've had with anyone outside a meetup group or a friend of mine that moved to Florida recently. We exchanged Deviantart account names and I found out she lives not way too far from me; I'm from Alabama but not that far from Tennessee, where she lived and I was vacationing in at the  moment, so we were 'kind of' locals, LOL.

Her mom came in and she was telling her about how she'd met another fan and she wasn't crazy because there are lots of others, etc, and her mom just shook her head and told me that her daughter frequently attended cons and the like and was quite obsessed with ponies; I think she cosplayed as Pinkie from what I was told. She seemed frazzled and somewhat exasperated with the girl's obsession, but took it well. :lol: My parents are like that too, which is awesome. They left after an hour or so. My brother was face-palming about the whole issue haha.

Her favorite pony is Pinkie Pie, by the way.

... so there are my stories. Both are pretty special stories to me, especially the first, which has stuck with me and reminded me how this show has the potential to change the world for the better (as long as pedophiles don't take advantage of the situation <_< ) .

Though this falls outside t-shirt territory, I have had reactions from other merch as well. I own a RD pin and a RD necklace I got from Hot Topic a while back (they seem pretty heavy on Dash merch, not that I'm complaining at all) ; I was at the grand opening of the new CD store in the Jasper Mall - in fact I was their very first customer - and a daughter of a co-worker of mine wandered in. She's either 16 or 18, I can't recall. But anyway, she saw my pin, and just started "Ooooh, I just found me a new friend!" And we went on to talk about ponies and the show and whatnot in that store for a few minutes before she bid me farewell and left. I've been working with her mom at a fast-food place in that very mall for a year (I've been there 4.5 years, her mom joined last year)  and I've made my pony fan-ness pretty clear, and seen her daughter around a lot, and I never knew she was a fan. She didn't even know who I was or that I worked with her mother! Crazy stuff :lol:  Her favourite appears to be Rainbow Dash. Not a bad choice if I do say so.

And finally, the necklace I wear everywhere - last Sunday morning at services (yeah, I know; see, my dad's a pastor, so even though I'm a closet agnotsic-athiest-misotheist-freethought-heretic thing I tag along every Sunday so I don't get disowned, lol) I was taking up the offering and a little girl that's the granddaughter of a parishoner saw my necklace and started squealing "RAINBOW DASH! RAINBOW DASH! LOOK, IT'S RAINBOW DASH!!!" really loudly. Made a bit of a scene. I had better be careful where I wear that from now on. XD

OKAY now that I've written a novel, I'll shut up :blink:

And on another note, in looking for the link to that Fluttershy shirt on WeLoveFine to post here, I found half a dozen more Fluttershirts I must have. OH GOD MY WALLET

Edited by EquusStorm

LSD;GOERIHGFOERINVWOEURVPIWEURORU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 *drooling*

It's such a shame I live where I do! I have a couple of MLP shirts myself but I don't really wear them outside of my apartment. Only about 5 of my very closest friends ever know about me being a brony. My best (and meanest) friend started laughing at me. Then she told me she doesn't love me any less (which also makes her the nicest friend I have lol) for MLP. Another friends was shocked and she basically just said, "YOU LIKE MY LITTLE PONY?? Never saw that coming!" but like my other friend, she was fine with it also. Two other friends told me he and a few of his buddies did try the show and they legitimately liked it but they didn't stick with it because they were kind of scared off by the cloppers how some of the other bronies they've met act. I'm really the most contained brony they've ever known. When my best friend (the first one I mentioned) saw me in one of my MLP shirts, she just laughed so hard she nearly fell off her chair and cried over Skype (I live in Oklahoma; she lives in Germany), asking me if I was seriously wearing that, to which I told her she isn't making this any easier for me lol In any case, I don't know any bronies in real life. It'd be really cool if I got to meet one but it's not widely accepted where I live so I'm a little afraid of wearing one. Oh well...

I don't know any bronies in real life. It'd be really cool if I got to meet one but it's not widely accepted where I live so I'm a little afraid of wearing one. Oh well...

This is what I find pretty sad about society. I know gender roles are well-established, unfortunately, but it's harmless, I don't see why people are so against people liking innocent and cute things.

Shouldn't be way too afraid though; I'm in even more conservative Alabama, and I wear shirts, pins, necklaces, etc out and about, and I've yet to have a negative reaction. :D  Not to say that I won't have one, though. I think most people are too afraid that my brother would come after them if they harassed me ahaha.

I'm in even more conservative Alabama

Oh wow! Yeah, I know they're pretty bad down there! Do you watch Top Gear on BBC? Basically they went through a gas station with things like "Country & Western is rubbish" "NASCAR sucks" and "Man love is okay" painted on the side of their cars. The episode goes on to show how they were all attacked and pelted with rocks as a result. While there are people who say it was all good film editing, I tend to believe it was legit. Not that all folks in Alabama are that way. 

This is what I find pretty sad about society. I know gender roles are well-established, unfortunately, but it's harmless.

Well I wouldn't say it's gender roles. More or less, when people think My Little Pony, they tend to think it's the stuff that was around before Gen 4. Even I thought that when I was thinking about watching an episode. Really, I only did it to see what all the hubbub was about! But I do agree that the gender role thing is unfortunate. Like men can't clean and women can't fix a car. That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard lol but I'm sure that as time goes on, people will change. Hopefully for the better :) I hope that one day, none of us will have to fear being bronies for the sake of acceptance by our non-brony friends :) 

• Brohoof 2

Oh wow! Yeah, I know they're pretty bad down there! Do you watch Top Gear on BBC? Basically they went through a gas station with things like "Country & Western is rubbish" "NASCAR sucks" and "Man love is okay" painted on the side of their cars. The episode goes on to show how they were all attacked and pelted with rocks as a result. While there are people who say it was all good film editing, I tend to believe it was legit. Not that all folks in Alabama are that way. 

Well I wouldn't say it's gender roles. More or less, when people think My Little Pony, they tend to think it's the stuff that was around before Gen 4. Even I thought that when I was thinking about watching an episode. Really, I only did it to see what all the hubbub was about! But I do agree that the gender role thing is unfortunate. Like men can't clean and women can't fix a car. That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard lol but I'm sure that as time goes on, people will change. Hopefully for the better :) I hope that one day, none of us will have to fear being bronies for the sake of acceptance by our non-brony friends :)

Yeah, I saw that. I know plenty of people in AL that are like that, and plenty that aren't, but I do believe that the segment was legit. It was amusing yet sad.

True true on the pre-G4 thing. G3 for example is one of the most cringe-worthy things I've ever seen, and that was only a few years back, so I can see how people would be skeptical that G4 would be anything worth watching. Plus, My Little Pony has always been a girls' show and toyline, so there are just so many things that work against people thinking 'hey, this could be cool, let's go watch it'. I was a bit skeptical that it would be worth watching until I finally bit the bullet and did so. Glad I did. But people aren't going to understand - not anytime soon. There is hope for the future if the fandom stays sane and the public takes notice though!

• Brohoof 2

I was wearing my cutie mark buttons the other day and a lot of my friends flipped out, almost to the point of anger, to the fact that I was a brony. It was more funny than disappointing because they were understanding (to a degree), and that I caught them totally by surprise. But luckily there is a moderate brony populace in my school, so I'm not alone.

Lots of harsh words were said that day. :P

On Tuesday, I went out with my Rainbow Dash pain shirt.

A guy said something along the lines of "You're Shakespeare AND a brony!?"

It was pretty funny. xD

(He called me Shakespeare in reference to my accent)

• 2 weeks later...

I've yet to get any sort of reaction with my pony shirts.

I had a comment from the shirt being from teefury, but not about the actual pony part of it.

Hopefully I run into someone sooner or later with a positive comment about the shirt.

• 4 months later...
(edited)

I got a couple of pony shirts myself! One has "crush kill destroy swag" on it and the other is vinyl scratch posing with Soundwave from the Transformers. Really cool stuff! I was really excited about getting them. They are sweet!

Edited by ImperiousMarvel
  • Brohoof 1

When i Bought my first pony shirt i was so excited I took it to work with me and changed shirts in the bathroom. i'm actually a low level supervisor so not to many people said anything :P. my best friend hates the show so i wore it to his house just to mess with him n he just ignored it but another friend of mine had to ask "why are you a brony?" and i simply responded "why wouldn't i be?". I've actually converted one of my friend and he watches the show now ^_^. I mostly wear Doctor whooves shirts and i tend to get positive reactions in public.

I have a Vinyl, and Derpy shirt. I wear them in public all the time. I never really get weird looks for them at all. Then again, I haven't worn them to school yet as I bought them this summer. Wearing them to school will be interesting indeed.

(edited)

i only really have 2 right now but will soon be more but wearing them around only really had 3 reactions first was a friend at work

"you have a baby unicorn on yer shirt" (its a lyra shirt) i dont think he know it was mlp i just laughed and said "this is a true story you tell"

second another friend at work same shirt "OMG my little pony" n kinda turned into a conversation of how she use to watch it im trying to get her to see the new ones now

third some random "gangstas" at a in and out i walk in standing in line and they just start busting up laughing i look at them and start busting up back up at them

Edited by cyanide1209

Well when I wore mine to school last year, I was still a closet brony, so I kept my shirt under a jacket. But one day, I decided to take off my jacket. One person said, Hey that's a pony on your shirt, and I said Yup. End of that. It was a Docoter Whooves shirt by the way. Next class one of my friends said, what's on your shirt, and I said a pony, and they said ok. They don't know what it's from so it's all fine.