The Most Attractive Pony Tournament 2013!

Akemi Homura

I don't blame people for being surprised, but when you really think about it, what does Rainbow Dash have in attractiveness that Lyra doesn't?

Wings?

_little_lyra__by_rainbowscreen-d5rea9a.p

Cuteness?

super_happy_lyra_by_choedan_kal-d58hrup.

Badassery?

43f0a344386876d0ef6bc9f40ccdcc26.png

Shipping?

po421.jpg

Personality? There's a fan for that. ;)

connor_and_lyra_by_ceehoff-d4wk8pz.jpg

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

I don't blame people for being surprised, but when you really think about it, what does Rainbow Dash have in attractiveness that Lyra doesn't?

Well I wasn't going to say anything, but since you asked...

crystal_roses_by_auranite-d5qpuyk.png

rainbow_dash_and_her_book_by_crusierpl-d

galloping_gala_2012__rainbow_dash_by_spi

sky_hug_by_inuhoshi_to_darkpen-d5j49pk.p

As for personality? I wasn't particularly won over by the personality expressed in Lyra's one line of dialogue. I find Dashie's personality much more interesting and attractive :)

P.S You should post a few of those 50 Rainbow Dash pictures you shared in the most attractive pony thread a few weeks ago. I liked those better ;)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

As for personality? I wasn't particularly won over by the personality expressed in Lyra's one line of dialogue. I find Dashie's personality much more interesting and attractive

I don't blame people for being surprised, but when you really think about it, what does Rainbow Dash have in attractiveness that Lyra doesn't? Wings?

Equestrian girls are really attractive, OK?

That's why this round has been so entertaining and the divisional round will just add more drama to it :)

• Brohoof 2

As for personality? I wasn't particularly won over by the personality expressed in Lyra's one line of dialogue. I find Dashie's personality much more interesting and attractive

Then why even have the tournament in the first place? We might as well forfeit all of our spots to the Mane 6. There's also this whole thing about Spitfire being one of the top seeds. Lyra is beating Rainbow Dash, and Octavia is tied with Pinkie Pie. If their personality isn't fleshed out, are we just supposed to just ignore them then?

You don't have to be won over by the personality expressed in Lyra's one line of dialogue. In fact if you were, then you're a real die-hard Lyra fan.

• Brohoof 4

As for personality? I wasn't particularly won over by the personality expressed in Lyra's one line of dialogue. I find Dashie's personality much more interesting and attractive :)

Personality? There's a fan for that. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fandom

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4656/Anthropology

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/19198/Background-Pony

There's more than one way to create personality for a character. I never used to appreciate this. When I focused on Dashie above all else there were a lot of things I was missing out on. I'm finding them now. :)

Sorry Alfonzo, back to attractiveness.

Edited by TailsAlone

As much as Lyra has her own appeal, she's got more of the girl next door look compared to Rainbow Dash's punk rock sexiness. She's made it to a respectable standing and has earned a lot of votes, I just think that RD is next-round worthy. Then again, once AJ is in the picture, they will all fall to her, lol.

rainbow_dash_by_scootiecutie-d5pkt7s.png

lyra_heartstrings_by_kaizenwerx-d52ik3k.

And I think Flipturn has all but guaranteed Pinkie Pie's victory with those pictures.

Edited by Lightning Dasher
  • Brohoof 1

Okay I changed my vote from Rainbow Dash to Lyra because I just looked up some images on google and quite frankly... she is VERY ADORABLE :wub:

I'm sorry dashie, please don't cry :(

I still wuv u...

• Brohoof 2

I find it interesting how three of the competitions are within a couple percent, with one in a flat-out tie, but then you have Rarity vs. Cloud Chaser. I mean, I don't disagree because Rarity is fabulous, but there's nothing WRONG with Cloud Chaser. I mean, she must have some kind of fanbase to get this far...

• Brohoof 2

I find it interesting how three of the competitions are within a couple percent, with one in a flat-out tie, but then you have Rarity vs. Cloud Chaser. I mean, I don't disagree because Rarity is fabulous, but there's nothing WRONG with Cloud Chaser. I mean, she must have some kind of fanbase to get this far...

Cloudchaser has some support, particularly among Dash/Spitfire fans who are most inclined to appreciate cute pegasi. :lol:  But compared to them she kind of fades away, and against Rarity whose visual appeal is almost uncontested, she's had a rough go of it.

I think CC is also a less explored background pony than Lyra or Octavia, which is kind of a shame. She could have some great adventures with Flitter.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Cloudchaser is gorgeous. But in a head-to-head contest against Rarity of all mares, her chances don't bode well... as it turns out, she's getting blown out of the water and there seems to be no hope for her :(

Pinkie Pie won't accept a tie! Here's a personal message from Pinkie, for all you ponies.

9kdrX.jpg

She's so determined that she's sent everypony a copy of herself! How lovely and kind of her! Now, let's all vote for the truly most attractive (and best) pony, our lovely ball of cuteness Pinkie Pie!

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 4

Flipturn is Pinkie's Minister of Propaganda at the moment. I wonder what other devious plans he will concoct in his quest to rid the forums of Octavia love?

JOIN ME MY BROTHERS. RESIST THE PINK MENACE.

But look. She made everyone a pie. She's a wonderful pony.

img-1083283-1-Pinkie_Pie_holding_a_pie_i

Random adorable images aside, I still think Pinkie's the most wonderful and most appealing pony of the show. May she triumph.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

I'll vote for Pinkie when my copy shows up in the mail. I may not find her particularly attractive, but I never said anything about dislike or that I'm not suceptible to bribery.

• Brohoof 3

I see Lyra is still winning. I love it! My smile couldn't possibly get any wider. It's funny, before this tournament, I never really paid much attention to Lyra. Now I find myself becoming more and more attached to her; if it comes down to it I may pick Lyra over Octavia.

I gotta say this suspense is killing me. Lyra might be leading now but she is still within striking distance and there's plenty of time left. 

Edited by Cota
  • Brohoof 2

Your Pinkie propoganda cannot sway me Flipturn! :angry:

...Because I already voted for her. ;) It wasn't easy, but it's not just Pinkie's attitude that makes her the best party pony. She's also remarkably easy on the eyes. Mind you, if you had voted for Lyra I would be quite a bit more vocal about this! *evil laugh*

Although it's not like I'm deep into this. You know, it's not like I believe Lyra has a date with destiny, or that I'm determined to help create a moment that no one in this tournament will ever forget.

img-1083666-1-super_happy_lyra_by_choeda

Nope...

This is it, everyone. Rainbow will be in, and win, a dozen other polls. But this, right here, is the best shot Lyra will ever have.

Make it happen.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Don't make me bring out the big guns now for Pinkie Pie. She knows how to use the Twilight Cannon.

Lyra is the metaphorical wall Rainbow Dash is running into right now.

There's one good thing I can say about Lyra, but it doesn't sway my vote otherwise. Otherwise, the only reason I bring this up is because even if Rainbow Dash wins, she has no chance against Pinkie Pie. Because Rarity is going to get stomped by her as well since Octavia is even making it as close as it is right now, and Octavia wins over Rarity as far as i'm concerned in this.

Last but not least... EVERYPONY LOVES RAINBOW DASH. No underdogs coming out on top this time around, or should I say "underpony" >.>

• Brohoof 1

I'm a background pony fanatic, I say all background ponies win. Except Vinyle. Go Octavia and Lyra all the way!

I'm just glad derpy isn't in there, because there'd be no competition or chance. :/

• Brohoof 1

*snip*

Honestly, I find Pinkie Pie to be cute but she's not really all that attractive to me.

Octavia is attractive because she has a freaking bowtie and is quite the sophisticated looking mare I have ever seen

Plus, I gotta say, she is really quite beautiful :wub:

Honestly, I find Pinkie Pie to be cute but she's not really all that attractive to me.

Octavia is attractive because she has a freaking bowtie and is quite the sophisticated looking mare I have ever seen

Plus, I gotta say, she is really quite beautiful :wub:

Basically this, Pinkie is my favourite Mane 6 pony as a matter of fact and she's adorable but I like her more for her personality than her looks (which certainly aren't bad at any rate, but still don't quite meet Octavia's),

• Brohoof 1

Comparing Octavia to Pinkie Pie is like comparing a brunette to a red head. It just comes down to preference even if both are equally attractive. Considering they are two of the most attractive ponies in the entire show, it just comes down to whether you like awesome PINK ponies with amazing style or grey, black haired ponies who have to use a bow tie as a gimmick and play the stand-up bass >.> GREY. BLACK. As in, NOT PINK.

Pinkie has a winning smile to boot. I would hate to see her sad face.

WARNING: SAD FACE

02733a0fa92f8bbe2c94e397f88b85d3-d3hh94y

Edited by Lightning Dasher
  • Brohoof 1

It just comes down to whether you like awesome PINK ponies with amazing style or grey, black haired ponies who have to use a bow tie as a gimmick and play the stand-up bass >.> GREY. BLACK. As in, NOT PINK.

But, the bow tie isn't... You're doing it wrong my friend. :lol:

Please allow me to post MY OWN propaganda to aid our marvellous mare (spoiler for fairly large pics):

Octavia-octavia-30540485-853-936.jpg

Octavia-and-Vinyl-Dump-my-little-pony-fr

good_morning_octavia_by_johnjoseco-d49qm

• Brohoof 1