Have you ever given someone a piece of MLP merchandise?

Fluttashy

Today my niece came over who's four by the way with my inlaws who were helping me do some rearranging. She was getting antsy so I put in my season one MLP DVDs. She absolutely loved them, and I kept hearing her say Rainbow Dash. This child has never been introduced to this awesome show because her parents are disneyaholics. I gave her my extra Rarity and Twilight Sparkle pony which is her first ever my little pony toys. She also didn't want to leave and wanted to keep watching the show lol. Have you ever bought a younger sibling, relative, or friend a MLP item and it just brightened up their faces? :)

• Brohoof 6

I've spent a good $100 easily on giving MLP toys to my nieces, who are the biggest fans of the show that I know in real life. It's always great to brighten up the day of someone that you love. :D

• Brohoof 1

One of my relatives came over to visit my grandparents once and she brought her granddaughters. When they saw my vast collection of pony merch, they instantly started playing with the figures. They asked if they could have one so I gave them each a blind bag. Only cost me four dollars but it made them happy. Also, I handed out blind bags at BronyCon and gave one of my friends a Fluttershy figure. It was completely unnecessary but I love giving people stuff and making them smile.

Edited by Apple Bloom
  • Brohoof 1

( My mistake, I misread the topic title. This post can be erased if need be, I thought it was about merchandise that OTHERS have given you. ^^; )

In my English class my first semester of college, a friend I met began to see the brony side of me in the research I was doing at the time, and one day near the end of the semester she surprised me with the brushable Applejack that the sell everywhere. Additionally, the next year, another friend immortalized my very first pony OC by repainting and rethreading a random pegasus brushie. She also bought me a Rainbow Dash plushie and I love her forever. <3

All three sit on my computer desk at home and nobody bothers them.

Edited by Seraphim

I recently found out my little six year old cousin likes the show. Her favorite character is Applejack, so I gave her my Applejack figure. I didn't mind, she absolutely loved it!

Considering no one where I come from likes MLP (and I don't see that changing anytime soon), I haven't bought any merchandise either for myself or for someone else. Especially considering the apparently negative association with the toys, as one person who mocked me for it asked me if I "played with the dolls too". Have you ever just wanted to slap someone across the face?

I buy my daughter My Little Pony gear whenever I have extra cash handy. Her favorite is the Rainbow Dash hoodie with Pegasus wings and a rainbow mane.

If only she liked Fluttershy...

Edited by ShyForever

I don't have any younger girl siblings or anyone I know who would enjoy MLP in the first place, plus I'm a closet brony. So I wouldn't be giving them stuff probably anyways.

Its times like these where I kinda wish I had a little sister :P.

I haven't yet, but I think one of my real-life brony friends is having his birthday on the same weekend at the next EQLA con this upcoming May, and he's most likely not gonna be able to make it this year. I might consider buying him something there at the vendor hall.

I'm planning to. The problem is, I don't know what to give her! D:

Her favorite pony is Derpy (like me), any suggestions on what I should give her?

well there's always derpy vinyl figure from hot topic. There's fan made derpy clothing too. Those are the main two things I can think of.

well there's always derpy vinyl figure from hot topic. There's fan made derpy clothing too. Those are the main two things I can think of.

eeh...  she gave me the vinyl for christmas, but the T-shirt... Hmmmmm....

I just got an Idea! I'll make a T-shirt online!  Thanks for the Idea!

when i bought my favorites collection, it had an extra rainbow dash and an extra pinkie pie. of course, being obsessed with ponies, i already had rd and pinkie. my brother, a fellow brony, loves rainbow dash so i gave the extra to him. my pegasister friend was given the pinkie pie as a christmas present, and i got a 3 set of rainbow dash, gilda and one of the wonderbolts from her :lol: . but yeah i felt like a good person  :D

My sister is the only one who I have given pony merch.

She's the only person besides one other friend that really likes the show.

So far it's mainly been just Blind Bag ponies. Since she's just like me and is really only interested in what looks like the show counterparts.

• 3 weeks later...

Last Christmas I decided to spoil my niece and get her a ton of pony stuff, shes just as nuts about pony as I am.

At Dollar Tree I got her one of every pony thing I could find: all 3 board books, 3 coloring books (they all had diff covers), a calendar, a packet of crayons (not pony, but Tinkerbell, the kids nuts about Tinkerbell. Can't have coloring books without something to color with). Then from elsewhere a couple of blindbag ponies, some stickers, even a brushable pony, all nicely wrapped in a box with MLP-theme wrapping paper.

Then when I last saw her on Thanksgiving she told me Applejack was her favorite, so I actually went out of my way to dig though the blindbags to find her an AJ (along with another mane 6, I randomly selected Rarity), then I stopped at 3-4 different stores before I finally found an AJ brushable.

Came Christmas and after she opened her gift....she told me her favorite ponies where now Rarity and Twilight. :blink: All that extra effort for nothing. :angry:

She still loved her gift overal. In fact she spent the rest of the day coloring in her new coloring books I gave her, while watching the DVDs with episodes I had burned for her and her brother to watch. (He got a box of Sesame Street stuff.)

...speaking of her brother. He had more interest in the AJ brushie than her sister did. LOL!

• Brohoof 2

The first time I bought FiM merch, I got normal Applejack and Rarity figures. Applejack is my favorite, and Rarity is my brother's favorite. He was the one that got me into the show, so I got the most fabulous pony for him. He liked it, and asked me to style her hair. I've been giving him other ponies since - my extra Cheerilee and Sweetie Belle, blindbags of the main six, a Spike figure.

Another one, there was an acquaintance of mine back at high school who was a proud brony. I had one of those translucent Rainbow Dash keychains, and he admired it but didn't know where to get one. When I moved to Philadelphia for college though, I found a whole bunch within walking distance, so I sent one to him. I also sent my brother a Rainbow and Pinkie as well, and one of my best friends a Rainbow.

And, last year, someone on the MLPArena was going to Comic Con and was offering to buy SDCC Derpies for people at retail price plus shipping. She randomly selected a number of people for that, and I was one of them. But the first few days seemed really tough for her and I didn't think she would be able to get enough. I mentioned this to my boyfriend, who just *happened* to have an old friend that works with the hotel at SDCC and has connections there. So he phoned her, and the next day she had one of her minions pick up a Derpy for me. But it just so happened that the person at the Arena got a Derpy for me as well, so I ended up giving that one to my best friend - the one with the Rainbow Dash keychain smile.png She absolutely loved it.

I didn't necessarily give these ponies away, but that same friend and another are currently 'babysitting' some of my Fashion Style ponies while I'm away at college. Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Cadence are currently keeping Derpy company with Friend #1, while Friend #2 has Shining Armor and Twilight (the leftovers from Friend #1, who let her have them because she didn't like Twilight's eyes and Shining Armor's funky mane).

And lastly, I've given my boyfriend a Twilight figure and a Spike. He likes them, but he's hiding them from his judgmental family :')

Edited by Powderpuff

• 3 weeks later...

I have given one of my good guy friends who is a brony mlp merch. One time for christmas I got him the pinkie pie christmas ornament but I found out he already had it XD but he still keeps it anyways. Recently for his birthday I bought him a my little pony easter egg hollow chocolate and then three blind bag ponies which where cadence,celestia and luna. He was really happy to receive them :) 

I have a friend who was skeptical of the show. That is until I bought him some Octavia and Rarity pins. Now he is quoting the show and saying Rarity is his waifu. I am also think of buying some merch for a bro who lives where they have no stores that sell mlp merch.