Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Your Internet Speed?

Legit101

since we switched to a new broadband at the end of last year, we've now got this:

2488614766.png

it's not too bad, but the connection gets kind of shady at times. plus i don't get to utilize the full potential of our download and upload speeds.

This is what I got just now:

post-6104-0-98835100-1360122262.png

This is the best I've ever gotten as far as downstream goes:

post-6104-0-46771500-1350405403.png

One time the ping was "0." There's no network with 0 latency, so either my ping was lower than 0 milliseconds (doubtful) or it was a fluke.

I find it hilarious that my internet almost crashed trying to load the speed page. x3

Either way, I got's a D-. Sounds about right.

(I notice that my laptop runs my internet slower than my desktop computer. I wonder if my desktop will get the same result?)

Virgin Media L 30Mb.  It's a decent amount of bandwidth with good ping but a few high spikes here and there.
It's better than my grandparents' who have 60Mb but very high average ping at peak hours.
img-1166827-1-2502745543.png
img-1166827-2-a6d102e32b388888ba2273abca4a5d86-12-02-2013.png

Please be aware I disabled the measurement as I was testing something so it's not up to date.

This time two years ago I still had dial-up. Dial-up is almost completely useless these days. Even using this forum would be all but impossible unless you disabled images and probably javascript.

Dialup is better than no broadband.  Which was my situation for 6 days.  On and off.

img-1171204-1-2506451304.png

I have extremely slow internet. :(

You have no right to complain. Look at my internet. :(

That is extremely close to my net speeds

I should take that test soon...

Once I get on my laptop...

My internet speed...

sucks :/

see for yourself...

2506983543.png

• 1 month later...

Picture won't work for some reason, so I'll state it. I have 50 Mb/s download, and 4 MB/s upload, and Ping is averaging around 30 ms. Pretty good for my usages, also ISP is Charter with basic package.

Here it is:

502191757.png

However, this is on my phone. I hope my actual Internet speed is at least a little but faster than that.

Whatever 2WIRE is, I use that. I have no idea whether or not that's DSL. I like it, but it can e unreliable at times.

Mines 11.67 Mb's Download and 4.25mb's upload. Pretty good I think. It gets the job done for me.

We use to have much slower internet. Thats for sure. was like 1-2 Mb download and like .40 upload :P. Maybe I'm just spoiled but thats pretty slow.

2597999949.png

I'm certainly not complaining! I've never personally seen my download speed anywhere near this fast when I'm picking up files (it's typically around 2.5 MB/s), but that may have to do more with the servers.

Now if only my computer could keep up...

Its AT&T U-VERSE. So, i didn't expect it to be this good.

Note: This is what i'm supposed to be getting.

I'm really only getting about 1.50 Mb/s

2598010357.png

AT&T is the worst internet you could possibly get. *not really, but it sucks*

Even when we had one of their technicians come out to fix our router, he even said its terrible internet.

I'm getting charter soon. Just gotta wait till the contract is up. :/ 

Edited by KToadstool

502934811.png

Apparently, the router at my local clinic is a lot better than the one at my house.

Even on my computer, the best I got was 2 Mbits. I had no idea how much it sucks. It still gets the job done, though.

• 5 weeks later...

2666676659.png

I'm actually really impressed, i expected it to be much worse. The weird thing is, even though my internet speed is decent, my browser is REALLY slow and unresponsive sometimes. Maybe Google Chrome just sucks, i don't know. Maybe it's the computer's fault, i don't do virus scans and all that stuff as often as i should.