Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony You Overlooked? Did you hate one pony but like them now?

Shanks

I'm not sure if this thread exists already, but a quick search didn't bring anything up as far as I can tell *Shrugs*. So, which pony/ponies took the longest for you to warm up to? :wacko:

For me, it was Rainbow Dash. For the longest time I didn't really like her that much, now that's not to say I disliked her, more like ... didn't care for her too much, I guess, mostly because of her attitude, I'm usually not the fondest of people who act like she does, depending on the person of course.

Eventually around the later portion of last year, I started to warm up to her a bit, partly because I had personally declared that there can be no 'worst pony' for me. She is still the lowest on my list, but I've grown to like her a decent bit more than I used to, besides, I think she can be pretty cute at times. :wub:

img-2245778-1-PjAGmp8.png

I definitely agree with You here as I too had problems with enjoying her attitude sometimes. She tends to be very reckless, and always has to learn everything hard way before she realizes that she did something wrong. I like her and I never hated her for sure, I just often disliked her attitude.

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say Twilight Sparkle. I never really liked Twilight at first in fact she was my least favourite pony when i started watching the show. I thought of her as a boring character but ever since she turned into a Princess, I'm starting to like her even more. She's been one of my favourites to watch in Season 4.

Plus she's adorkable!

9.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Erm... The background pony bunch. Like Thunderlane. I was always seeing loads of fanfiction featuring Thunderlane, Cloud Kicker, Cloudchaser, etc... Never really got the drill. But then I rewatched some episodes, got interested, and started reading some of those fanfics.

And that's the story of how Thunderlane took around 2 months for me to realize he's my favorite pony.

• Brohoof 1

The Cutie Mark Crusaders. When I first saw there first Ep. I HATED them with a burning passion, but by the time the second season rolled around I just couldn't get enough of them. And now Sweetie Belle is easily one of my favorites. 

• Brohoof 2

Difficult question for me I'd say "Twilight Sparkle" but it would be not fair to Rainbow Dash whom I also love very much. Rainbow was my first fav pony because her character is 100% similar with mine character, and I love myself so technically I can't dislike Rainbow. Completely different situation with Twilight Sparkle. I often asking myself "Why I like Twilight so much?" and I still can't answer. Probably it's because she is the complete opposite to Rainbow Dash (mine character) and as we all know opposites attract. But if question is "which pony took the longest for you to warm up to you" so Twilight took me for a tiny little longer than Rainbow.

Edited by zev_zev
  • Brohoof 1

It took the longest for me to get to warm up to Rarity. At first I felt she was really misleading. Greedy for attention, selfish and snobby. After a while I started to really pay attention and I know now she is alright. However, my first time watching, I IMMEDIATELY adapted to Applejack <3

• Brohoof 1

I'd say Rainbow Dash... She's not my favourite... But she's never been in my top 3 of the mane 6... I guess it's because I'm nothing like her so I don't relate to her at all... I like her as a character and I think the show needs her... She just reminds me of the kind of girls who hated my guts in school...

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy. I really hated Fluttershy because she was so annoying and shy. Keep Calm and Flutter On really changed my opinion on her. I like her now, but definitely she is not my favorite pony.

Rainbow too. Her portrayals in Friendship is Witchcraft and Mentally Advanced helped me to like her more. The episode Sleepless in Ponyville gave me respect for her.

I hated the CMC up until Hearts & Hooves Day. :)

• Brohoof 1

Rarity and Fluttershy. I disliked rarity ever since I became a brony. She's just... I don't know why, but my least favorite. Fluttershy, I liked in the beginning but still didn't like THAT much, she's to shy. Rainbow dash is my favorite! My least favorite is OBVIOUSLY rarity.

• Brohoof 1

Hello .  We actually already have a discussion on this very topic, which I have now merged your thread with that one.  I would normally suggest to utilize the search function to see if your topic already exists, but it seems you did.  The only other thing I would suggest is to run a handful of searches using various words to see if anything comes up.  Take care.

• Brohoof 1

There is only one character whom I overlooked - Rarity. I was always okay with others, but this white filly had annoyed me. After only a few weeks I fundamentally revised its attitude to Rarity. I found her very cool. She's cool in ultimate value of this word. I like her. But it's different kind of love, it's more like respect, huge respect. Rarity is worthy of respect and she has earned her current popularity. 

Edited by zev_zev

I overlooked the cutie mark crusaders for the longest time, "Ponyville Confidential" was the first time they won my attention, and it was "One Bad Apple" that finally made me a full fledged admirer. These little fillies have won me over, I just love their youthful energy and dynamic personalities, I also love how they can be funny yet serious, and yes they are cutie, especially in the song "Babs Seed" when they bob their heads looking at the audience, it was so precious, furthermore that's the other thing I love, they can sing well, some of my favourite songs are from the cutie mark crusaders, they are in perfect note and beat, plus the visual are appealing, and lastly I adore the voice acting, with Scootaloo's spunky euphemisms, Applebloom's southern accent, and Sweetie Belle's voice cracks, these three ponies have some great episodes, and are among my favourite episodes, so as season is in progress I eagerly await another CMC episode.  

• 1 month later...

I used to dislike Rarity when I first got into the show but now she's one of my favorite ponies. She's definitely more complex to 'get' than the other characters and can take a longer time to like and enjoy. 

I change my mind about ponies very often.. Because I can't choose a favourite xD

My 3 favourites are: Fluttershy, Twilight and Luna. So yeah, my favourite usually switchen between those 3. I also like rainbowdash a little less, lately. But I can't say I hate her, or anything :o

Chuck_norris_approves_gif_by_merovech1.g

No seriously, makes me happy that she gets so much approval lately. Welcome to the fabulous ones!

Edit: To not make this a complete pontless spam. I actually had not much love for Rainbow Dash. But in season three i really started to like her. Had probably something to do with Wonderbolts Academy, and how she bonded with Scoots. Now i really like Rainbow, she actually is making her way up my personal favorite list rather fast.  B) I also look at her season one and two appearances with a more favorable light now.

Im pretty ashamed that i did not like her much before.  :blush:

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 2