Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Swearing is now canon.

I_wesley125

I'm unfamilliar with that slang, so let's check it out...

dreck

   [drek]

noun Slang .

excrement

I'm immature for lolling at this.

I mean, sure, if Dashie were to show up and start throwing f-bombs left and right, that would be...extremely bizarre, but even that wouldn't bother me that much.

I would LOL so hard...

I thought this thread was gonna be about the time Rainbow Dash said to Derpy, "For the love of Celestia."

"Oh, no! She dropped the C-bomb!"

More like she used Celestia's name in vain. :wacko:

That, too. Although wouldn't that result in an automatic smiting?

• Brohoof 1

I speak a lil bit German, and can understand it pretty well.

but...I dunno anythin about swerin words in German, nor about "dreck", plus, I don't consider "crap", if "dreck" means "crap" then, as swear word, and I rly didn't noticed that somepony in this episode said "dreck", I swear I heard "drink", so....I don't rly care.

Edited by Raita

Apple Bloom said "sacrebleu" in that episode where she got a million cutie marks. That is like the French equivalent of saying "holy shit". So the developers got away with cussing on a kid's show, like a boss.

My favorite toon cussing was Yosemitie Sam. He would use words that sounded like but weren't quite cuss words. You knew he was cussing, but all you heard was "Con sarn, sackin, frackin, ...Ahhh hate that rabbit!"

I think "drek was used in the same fashion. It sounds like cussing, but its not quite.

• Brohoof 2

umm to those saying they heard "drink," i am native to the accent that is being attempted in the line that is under question, the accent is false (even in these parts very few people still have such accents) however the word used is most deffinitely "dreck" which i have heard before in conversation with fellow native texans, it is uncommon yes, but it is generically used in a context to mean or imply something is of extreme low quality, never have i heard it used in reference to actual crap, and this is a new find for me that it has that meaning as well.

• 2 years later...

Fluttershy "swears" in Putting your Hoof Down. There's actually quite a bit of ponyified/tamed/otherwordly curse words....but you know, all cultures have their own foul language, whether it be a physical gesture or actual word. I am not suprised Equestria has that...I mean, there are evil tyrants who ensalve civilizations (who know's how many ponies were killed), so why not curse words?

My favorite toon cussing was Yosemitie Sam. He would use words that sounded like but weren't quite cuss words. You knew he was cussing, but all you heard was "Con sarn, sackin, frackin, ...Ahhh hate that rabbit!" I think "drek was used in the same fashion. It sounds like cussing, but its not quite.

Good old Looney Toons they made those cartoons back in the days where they didn't assume kids were stupid and we had all this political correctness BS. Speaking of swearing there is this one Loony Toons Cartoon where Daffy cussed. I was like "holy shit, did he just say what I think he just said?" Granted it was bleeped out, but still.

Swearing in MLP will never happen unless you count fanfics although if you ask me there isn't nearly as much profanity as you would think there would be in certain fanfics. Even clopfics don't have as much as you would expect. Although one thing I have noticed is that "god" is replaced with "Celesita" resulting in phrases like "oh Celestia yes" in sex scenes and "Celestia damn it" to express frustration.

Pony feathers isn't a swear word ^_^

I found another instance of swearing in season 1 episode 13 Fall Weather Friends. 

I could not find a youtube clip so... I made the clip and wasn't sure how to upload it. so here is the link:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/051/9/7/oh_horse_apples_by_clashwolf3-d7799zd.mp4

Neither is horse apples....

I don't think that dreck is a stereotypical german expression. Not in the same way as sacre bleu is french anyway. It just happens to bear the same meaning in both german and english.

You are half right, i am using the term "dreck" very often. It is normally used in lines like "oh Dreck" which literally means that something not worked out well, so it's kinda like "oh crap". But in this case he would mean that it tastes very bad, like when my mother tries to bake a duck. (She tried twice ended bother times the same. Dry like the death valley) :)

But it's not really a swear more it's more like a strong expression.

Edited by Fast_Riff

• 5 months later...