Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What pony did you think you would like at first?

Blue Moon

For some reason, I thought I liked Applejack from the beginning, just because she wears a hat.

Even though Applejack did turn out to be my most favourite mane 6 pony, it wasn't just the hat, it turned out to be her personality and how understanding of friendship she is.

Yeah, Applejack's hat is the mane reason I like her. (See what I did there) She has my favorite character design out of the Mane 6.

But I find her personality to be very dull. I hope they work on this in Season 4 because I want to like her and she is so cute.

At first I liked Rainbow Dash because she was awesome and cool. Then I liked Fluttershy, then Pinkie Pie...It kept going around those 3. I like them all, but I'm leaning a teeny bit towards Pinkie Pie.

Edited by Easteregg

Initially when I first started watching the show I liked...hmm i'd say Rainbow Dash, just because of how outgoing she seemed. After all this time though, she's had to step down and let Applejack take 1st in my book just because of her accent and how she is in general since she is so much like me. happy.png

• Brohoof 1

I actually have an example of the contrary being true. At first, I didn't really care much for Fluttershy. It's not that I hated her or anything, but I just didn't see anything special there. That was until I met this really shy girl who became my crush and one of my best friends. I realized how valuable shy girls really were such that when I see Fluttershy now, I see cute, cuddly, and lovely all rolled in one. She's up there as on of my favourites of the Mane 6.

As for the other ponies, I appreciated them all in some way or another. My favourite Mane 6 started out with Pinkie Pie, but as time went on, I liked her less because she became extremely rambunctious on some of the episodes. Doesn't mean she isn't a favourite (which she still is) though.

I thought Fluttershy would be my favorite, especially since she was the first pony I saw clips about. Plus she was going to be shy judging from her name, and I'm shy so it only makes sense :P.

Shes still my favorite pony.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly thought it would be Fluttershy since I have a lot in common with her but as I watched the show more I started becoming a Rainbow Dash fan because of her awesomeness and competitiveness :)

At the beginning, Rainbow Dash was my favorite pony. I loved her because she was so much unlike the ponies seen in previous generations. The first time I saw her was on some fanmade Youtube videos. She was athletic, brash, and daring. And the sonic rainboom was a sight to behold. Those alone showed this cartoon to be a major departure from any MLP product that came along before. MLP:FiM was intense, real, and something anybody would be able to enjoy regardless of their age or gender. After some encouragement from a former friend, I began to watch regularly. The other main ponies were OK, but Rainbow Dash was the major draw for me. She was my favorite and, at one time, I couldn't imagine anypony else taking the top spot on my list. But then something unexpected happened. I will now quote what I wrote in another thread called "How Did Your Favorite Pony Become Your Favorite Pony?"

There are several Fluttershy fans here and many of them will cite her cuteness, kindness, and gentle demeanor as reasons they feel drawn toward her. Her almost supernatural way with animals is also mentioned. Many fans, myself included, have some social anxiety issues and that enables us to relate to her. I agree with all of those as good reasons to like the yellow pegasus. But those alone didn't cause Fluttershy to emerge as my new best pony. At the time, Rainbow Dash was my favorite pony, and it would take something extraordinary to displace her as number one on my list. Sure enough, as time went on, Fluttershy proved herself to be a very special pony in my eyes.

All Mane 6 ponies have some contradictions in their character. But if you look up the word "contradiction" in Twilight Sparkle's dictionary, you will find Fluttershy's picture there. She is the ultimate contradiction. At first glance, it doesn't make any sense. How can she be afraid of her own shadow one minute and then staring down lethal monsters the next? I find this dichotomy to be the most fascinating aspect of Fluttershy's makeup. It was only by closely observing her behavior in numerous episodes that the truth came out. Fluttershy is every bit as brave and strong-willed as any other Mane 6 pony. But a number of factors have created a powerful psychological complex which holds her back. It is very firmly rooted and most of the time she appears to be weak and cowardly. She is so scared of judgment and ridicule from others that she seldom speaks in a loud voice. She also allows herself to be a doormat. It is only in unusual circumstances, such as a life or death crisis, that she is able to break this cycle. That's when Fluttershy puts all of those foibles aside and truly shines like the Element of Harmony she is.

One of the things that endeared me to MLP:FiM is the many true-to-life aspects the cartoon has. Among them is that, just like real world people, every pony carries a burden of one kind or another. Fluttershy indeed has a very large cross to bear. That is why I'm so grateful she now has five great friends she can turn to. I can't help but cheer for her every time she defeats her greatest adversary: Herself.

There you have it. smile.png I'm surprised at the number of people here who started out as big Fluttershy fans only to have Rainbow Dash emerge as their favorite pony. On the flip side, many others were first drawn to Dash's bravery only to be captivated by Fluttershy's unique brand of courage later.

rainbow_dash_by_shelmo69-d3k6uwe.png

This one!  I was right as always. ;) Something about her introductory scene caught my attention and made my sleepy brain perk up (I first watched MLP at about 2 A.M, I recommend this to all of you, it makes it so much more entertaining.) Her wildness, her dreams and her similarity to other characters that I've enjoyed caused me to get attached to her pretty quickly :)

• Brohoof 2

When I first saw Rainbow Dash's design with the rest of the mane 6 I thought I was going to like her best. I still love her design, but Twilight ended up as my favorite pony. When I first started watching the show Pinkie Pie was my favorite, but I changed it to Fluttershy, and eventually settled on Twilight after watching a significant number of episodes. :B

At first, I thought Rainbow Dash would take the title when I first gained interest in the show, but when I watched the show, Rarity rocketed to the position as my favorite, where she still is today.  Rainbow Dash then sadly fell lower on the list after Applejack took 2nd, and Pinkie Pie took 3rd.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love all of the Mane 6, Rarity, AJ, and Pinkie are just my top 3 favorite.

Even before I watched the show I swear that Fluttershy would be best pony because she is shy and introverted like me. But until I finished watching all the episodes in season 1 and got halfway through Season 2, Dadhie slowly climed up my list and got the title. Fluttershy is a close second though .3.

i was totally convinced that my favorite character would be twilight, we both share quite similar qualities and faults  and although she is still the character that i may most be like. My favorite has to be Rarity, no idea why, she just is..

I never heard of that show, but i saw a video parody of it called apple.mov. so I checked the show out. I liked the show.my favorite pony was rainbow dash. now it's Octavia. 

At first, my favorite was Rainbow Dash, because she is obviously the coolest. Also, the first full episode I saw was the Dashie-centric Wonderbolts Academy.

Now, my favorite is Pinkie Pie. She is sort of a role model to me in terms of making others laugh and lightening up difficult situations. 

I knew that I'm going to love Rainbow Dash, but then I thought about Twilight and Fluttershy.

I've always liked smart bookwork characters and shy characters (for example Hyuuga Hinata, Nagato Yuki or Asahina Mikuru)

But Twilight suddenly turned into meh and Fluttershy's shyness and fear turned into an annoying thing..

But since whole BBBFF thing Twilight is my 2nd favourite along with AJ while Fluttershy remains 3th with Pinkie Pie.

At first, I couldn't decide between Twilight and Rainbow Dash. They were the ponies that stood out the most.

Sometime between the second and third seasons, I began to notice and really like Applejack!

The qualities that make her great are very subtle-I overlooked them at first. She is by far the most mature out of the group and the easiest for me to relate to. She's loyal, brave, usually honest, hard-working, independent, kind, caring, helpful, athletic, down-to-earth, competitive, strong, slightly stubborn, has nerve ("I didn't learn anything!), and friends and family are important to her. She doesn't hide who she is, unless she's hiding a great secret of some kind. She's also never shown jealousy when her friends all have impressive abilities.

I thought it was a huge character-building moment when Applejack planned another route with Fluttershy in Dragonshy while her other friends were going to continue on the same path. That is something a true leader does, stepping up when it is appropriate and not always the popular decision. Of course, the Apple Family Reunion showed she still has to work on her leadership skills.

She is very much in harmony with herself, her family, and friends.

Unfortunately, conflict creates stories. AJ's inner and outer harmony make it harder for her to have stories and grow more, compared to her less harmonious friends.

I like to imagine that in the future, AJ considers the whole town her family and becomes something like a Sherriff. She could also do well as a shaolin monk, hahaha.

• Brohoof 1

During all of season 1 Fluttershy was my favorite. In real life I tend to be shy when it comes to meeting new people. Around people I already know I'm fine though, so I'm kind of confused as to how I met the people I already know. Then after season 2 things REALLY picked up for Pinkie. I love how she lives life. Even if I can't manage to accomplish something great before I die, like design a 4D game, I can rest easy knowing I've made at least a few people's lives a bit happier. As long as you can make one person happy, even if that person is yourself, you've done something great with your life.

Now, back to researching how to make a 4D game. Impossible? Bah! Nothing can stop jelly. ..except for peanut butter...But there aren't peanut butter-fish, are there? .... O: This looks like a job for science!

At first I thought I'd like Applejack the best. And then I watched the show and now, I'd have to say I haven't seen a new episode in a while, so I don't really have much opinion on anything. Maybe either Octavia or Applejack (Octaviapple just for looks though) is now my favorite.