Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which is scariest? Clown, Dummy, or Wax Figure.

Blue Moon

61 users have voted

1. 1. Which is scariest out of the three?

• Clown
    • Dummy
    • Wax Figure

House of Wax did it for me when deciding which was scariest. Normally none of these choices would scare me. Then i did a lot of hypothetical scenarios in my head involving was figures. Sure i could melt them away easily with fire, but those faces. I'd hate to wake up to that in a dark room.

When I was a kid, I saw Poltergeist (the same one referenced on the MLP billboard):

That was it. I hated clowns.

And then I sort of got over them.

And then came the movie It:

There went all the progress...

Thank you, I wont sleep tonight.

I hate them all but there is a clown or two i can tollerate, and "dummy" kinds seems vague to me. I had to go with wax figure. Those things freak me out, they are too realistic. I have always been afraid of non-human things that resemble humans. I suppose it's because my brothers told me that things like that come to life and eat you at night. I still remember falling asleep staring at my barbie dolls. I'd close my eyes and think "Oh no, they're going to get me!" So I'd open my eyes really fast and try to tell if any of them had moved.

Take a clown and a doll and mix them together and you probably have one of the scariest things I can think of. I saw poltergeist when I was little. Fast forward to when I was 9 and my stepmother bought my little brother a clown doll. It was musical and when the music played it would rock it's head in a circle like a person trying to get a crick out of their neck. I hated it so much. I used to hide it and throw it into places where I figured it "couldn't get out" and she'd find it and set it up on top of the TV again. *shiver*

Ventrilloquist dummies (I just realized that's probably what you meant, so I should have picked that) and Marianettes are pretty high on my list too. Pinochio was not a fun movie for me.

Oh crud. Now I'm thinking about clown wax figurines and clown marrianettes.

Honestly none of these things really scare me. Now if you asked me as a kid it would be clowns and only because I saw It when I was three.

Edited by Artemis

Neither of them. But I would choose Wax Figures because they really look like humans but aren't alive..

Not that any of them scares me, but they look the creepiest

Mime-web.jpg

Mimes. *shudder*

Oh god, get them away. GET AWAY!

They're so quiet... It's so inhuman. How can they go about their lives without making a sound?

They could jump me, and I wouldn't even know because they don't even make a sound. ;~;

Aww come on... A mime is a terrible thing to waste :P

Im not afraid of any of these but I have used this fear to scare others while working local haunted attraction before

Edited by Argumedies

The dummy for me. The Twilight Zone episode "The Dummy" terrified me, and then Slappy from Goosebumps and the Night of the Living Dummy books,  the Chucky series, all those movies with living dolls and ventriloquist dummies, and a disturbing short story about an African voodoo doll that ran around stabbing people with a kitchen knife... and I had a dream about a living doll made out of bacon once, which sounds funny now, but was terrifying to me as a 7-year old.

Dummies.

Edited by Goose

(edited)

The dummy for me. The Twilight Zone episode "The Dummy" terrified me, and then Slappy from Goosebumps and the Night of the Living Dummy books,  the Chucky series, all those movies with living dolls and ventriloquist dummies, and a disturbing short story about an African voodoo doll that ran around stabbing people with a kitchen knife... and I had a dream about a living doll made out of bacon once, which sounds funny now, but was terrifying to me as a 7-year old.

Dummies.

Oh yes, I remember that episode of The Twilight Zone. That is the mane reason I chose dummy for my vote. Slappy was pretty creepy as well. I also remember that african voodoo doll, but I don't remember where it is from.

Edited by Blue_Moon

Oh yes, I remember that episode of The Twilight Zone. That is the mane reason I chose dummy for my vote. Slappy was pretty creepy as well. I also remember that african voodoo doll, but I don't remember where it is from.

I think it might have been Steven King... *Googles*

Well the film adaptation is called "Trilogy of Terror", but I read the exact same story in a book somewhere. Never saw the film. Gah... can't find it!

I think it might have been Steven King... *Googles*

Well the film adaptation is called "Trilogy of Terror", but I read the exact same story in a book somewhere. Never saw the film. Gah... can't find it!

Hmm, I'll have to check that out sometime. I remember that thing scarring me for life. I was terrified of it. Yet, I couldn't look away from the screen. Gah!

Hmm, I'll have to check that out sometime. I remember that thing scarring me for life. I was terrified of it. Yet, I couldn't look away from the screen. Gah!

Oh, found it! Matheson, "Prey".

Amelia arrived at her apartment at six-fourteen. Hanging her coat in the hall closet,

she carried the small package into the living room and sat on the sofa. She nudged

off her shoes while she unwrapped the package on her lap. The wooden box resembled

a casket. Amelia raised its lid and smiled. It was the ugliest doll she’d ever seen. Seven

inches long and carved from wood, it had a skeletal body and an oversized head. Its

expression was maniacally fierce, its pointed teeth completely bared, its glaring eyes

protuberant. It clutched an eight-inch spear in its right hand. A length of fine, gold chain

was wrapped around its body from the shoulders to the knees. A tiny scroll was wedged

between the doll and the inside wall of its box. Amelia picked it up and unrolled it. There

was handwriting on it. This is He Who Kills, it began. He is a deadly hunter. Amelia

smiled as she read the rest of the words. Arthur would be pleased.

Edited by Goose
  • Brohoof 1

I've actually never seen a clown in person so I can't really say if it scary. I really haven't seen a wax figure either. I did own a flippin doll at one point that I swear the eyes moved when I wasn't looking. 

As a whovian I am afraid of Angel Statues, what lies in the dark, and gas masks.. ph34r.png

I will put it like this.

Wax figures do not move, and neither do dummies.

But Clowns, clowns are real live people, and they can follow you and do who knows what. 

So clowns. 

Clowns, clowns are digusting creatures who have no right to be alive. They should all be executed, one by one for their grossness and because they're ugly >_<

I voted for Clowns. There's other stuff that scares me more, but clowns were kinda ruined for me early-on once I discovered Spawn and Steven King's "It."

ScEI02Ol.jpg

...yeah. Good bye, sweet innocence.