Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which is scariest? Clown, Dummy, or Wax Figure.

Blue Moon

61 users have voted

1. 1. Which is scariest out of the three?

• Clown
    • Dummy
    • Wax Figure

(edited)

Clowns. I don't care what anybody says, or what they try to say, or try to make you believe... Clowns are evil.

Clowns come from the devil.

Edited by One Shadowy Nobody
  • Brohoof 4

I don't think dummy can be a horror villain. While some clowns can be creepy as utter hell, there exist clowns that are actually funny. Wax figure, on the other hand...

Qjcbtxc.jpg

Dead things shouldn't be able to judge you silently like that

None. Not a single one.
Clowns are funny. Sure, some are really creepy, what with the deadbeat job aspect and all. But they're certainly not scary.

Dummies/dolls, and wax figures are simply interesting. Kinda cool actually, how people are able to capture instances of the past so well.

I have to go with Clowns. When I was little I watched a movie about a vampire clown that would steal kids and after draining them it would throw them in the streets ;-;

• Brohoof 2

SANTA CLAUS IS SCARIEST!

Seriously though, my little bro is afraid of Santa Claus, once when he went to a Christmas party he started to beat up santa, grabbed the present and ran for his life!

As for me, ha ha, puny weaklings, I am not afraid of anything! 

(Except the clown for McDonalds....)

• Brohoof 3

I hate clowns with an infinite passion! I dont know why, but I hate that dumb act they try pull-off at parties. Which is weird cosidering I think female clowns to be adorable.

This... raises an intriguing question... While I think clowns are unbelievably creepy (and unfunny), I think wax figures are scarier for me. I remember being on edge when I went through a wax museum because of how realistic they looked. Very irrational, yes, but something just feels unsettling about them.

• Brohoof 1

Clowns are eeevvviiiillll,

Ronald McDonald: HAI KIDS! YOU DESERVE A SMILE! HYUK HYUK HYUK! Me: *pulls out a tommy gun*

Circus Clowns: DERP HERP DERP. Me: 0_0, *runs out of circus tent*

Scary Evil Clowns: HYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYA! Me: *screaming like a 5 year old girl*

• Brohoof 2

I would have to say Dummy. Thanks to R.L. Stein I cannot ever look at them the same way again!

But I just had a horrible thought! What if there was a clown dummy made out of wax ohmy.png . Why did I think that? Scumbag brain! sad.png

/)

• Brohoof 2

When I was a kid, I saw Poltergeist (the same one referenced on the MLP billboard):

zzz+wicked+clown+Poltergeist-movie-15.jp

That was it. I hated clowns.

And then I sort of got over them.

And then came the movie It:

teeth-it.jpg

There went all the progress...

• Brohoof 4

I voted clown, but only because I had to choose. Honestly, if put into a scary scene, all of them would freak me out equally.

Clowns are just... too happy. All the freaking time. 

Dummys are too commonplace. If they could take over the world, they would be EVERYWHERE!

Wax figures are just really, really realistic. Scary, scary stuff. blink.png

Hm... Strangely, I'm not really afraid of any of these, but I've thought of a way someone could scare me like that.

Step 1 (Optional): Put fairly heat resistant robotics that can move the wax figure about (+50 scariness)

Step 2: Make general outline for figure using a metal good at absorbing heat.

Step 3: Cover with red wax

Step 4: Cover with normal wax, make it realistic.

Step 5: Put it next to my bed, let it warm up for a bit.

Step 6: Play a loud noise, and watch as it's 'skin' breaks and lets out the already melted red wax.

Step 7: Listen to my screams of terror, you sadistic jerk.

Oh god, I put way too much thought into stuff like this... 9_9

• Brohoof 3

Hello!

Clowns! Definately Clowns! Stephen King's movie - IT (1990), was more than enough to destroy my childhood... I could never look at a clown the same way again... It's not that i'm actually scared to death by them, they are just really creepy... Really... 

• Brohoof 1

Wax figures, easily. Creepy is the word I would use, as they don't really frighten me. It's the eyes more than anything. I can't shake the feeling that if I look one in the eyes long enough, it'll eventually blink at me. When I was a kid I went on a field trip to a wax museum. Tensest field trip, ever. The whole time I was trying not to look at their faces too intently.

A few people I know were scared of clowns as children. Never known anyone to be scared of dummies, dolls, or the like.

Huh, not really afraid of any of them. I love dummies, to be honest. *laughs* I find ventriloquism fascinating (maybe cuz I really really suck at it.)

Wax figures? Eh. Never really seen to many of them, and in all honesty, I don't find anything creepy to be about them.

So I'd say clowns. Human beings in general are just scary, no? :lol:

• Brohoof 1

When I was a kid, I saw Poltergeist (the same one referenced on the MLP billboard):

img-1347097-1-zzz%20wicked%20clown%20Pol

That was it. I hated clowns.

And then I sort of got over them.

And then came the movie It:

img-1347097-2-teeth-it.jpg

There went all the progress...

This. OMG, this. This is the story of my life.

Seriously though, clowns are the spawn of Satan. They live in sewers, beneath your bed, and laugh softly and evilly just as you begin to fall asleep, since they know you'll be vulnerable...And they have super magic invisibility powers too, so whenever you look under your bed, they disappear.

Clowns. They scare the buck out of me.

• Brohoof 1

Though I am not scared of any of them, I still would choose wax figure. This video is an example of why I would choose the wax figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bndQU6_zWjk

They look so real, they stare at you with those dead pan eyes. Then you find out it's actually the real person there to scare you.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't really think any of the choices are particularly scary on their own. They usually need some other creepy perk, like the yellow eyes and sharp teeth that the clown "It" has, to make it more frightening.

However, of all three choices, I'd say wax figures are the most disconcerting on their own. Mostly because they generally fall within the Uncanny Valley - when an object looks almost human, but there's just enough unfamiliarity to it to make it creepy instead of convincing. This chart might make more sense than my ramblings:

UncannyValleyChart.jpg

That's why I think wax figures are probably the scariest of the three. I mean, seriously, if you were stuck in a wax museum in the middle of the night, all alone, you'd be pretty freaked out. I know I would be.

Edited by TheTEChguy27
  • Brohoof 1

All three are pretty creepy, but the Clown sticks out to me. Very very scary to me. Not as bad as some people. They do make me very very uncomfortable.

Edited by Capt. Leland Adama

Well, none of these things creep me out. Clowns are...Just kinda there. Wax sculptures/figures are really cool, and dumiies...Are dummies. .3. 

Now. Imagine a dummy, dressed as a clown, made of wax.

None of these really "scare" me or creep me out (unless the dummy/wax figure is depicted/sculpted in a creepy way, then, of course, yes). 

I don't particularly care for clowns as I don't really find them all that funny. And since I am a bit more of a down-to-earth thinker, inanimate objects just don't have that much of an influence on me unless they are made for showcasing something.