Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you everybrony love and Tolerate everypony - (everyone)

warkiller

So do you tolerate nazis or haters etc. 

How does the term love and tolerate work? So if you love and tolerated everypony then how do you stop them? When you just stated that you love and tolerate everypony?

Edited by warkiller

Love and tolerate is more of a term used towards haters and how to react to them, not so much Nazis and Nazi mentality. And the term means exactly what it states, you have to love and tolerate the haters.

Other people use the term more broadly, say like using it with everyday life (Strangers, new people they've met, etc...) .

Of course answering the first question you stated, we love and tolerate haters, people we've met, etc... But not people like Hitler or people that have done major and unforgivable crimes in this world...

Also only a percentage of bronies ACTUALLY love and tolerate, there are people in the fandom that would gladly do stuff like bash haters and stuff like that. I hope this helps XD

• Brohoof 13

For me, this has nothing to do with being a Brony. I love everyone, no matter what. If someone were to murder those I love (In a stronger sense, as in Family) of course it would wreck my life and cause me to grieve , but I wouldn't be able to hate that person.

The day I hate someone is the day I give up on life.

• Brohoof 1

I believe in being kind to those who are nice and to those who haven't done anything wrong. Unfortunately, not everyone falls into these credentials. For those individuals, I rarely get cross at them. Usually, they lose my respect and I do not associate myself with them anymore. I ignore them, walk away and hope to never come across them again. Essentially, I give up on these people.

I'm one of those people who has trouble forgiving and forgetting, so love and tolerating everypony would be an unrealistic ambition of mine. However, if someone has done nothing to severely offend others (or myself), then yes you get all my brohoofs.

• Brohoof 1

I love and tolerate in that I try not to give a damn what others think, unless they're people I love. Maybe. Actually loving everyone else takes too much effort, however.

• Brohoof 1

I try not to hate and by my nature am not a hateful person but I will admit that there are some people I despise and while Nazi's make that list for obvious reasons haters don't. Don't get me wrong I don't really like haters but their arguments if you can even call them that are so pathetic and the fact that they are wasting so much time hating something they probably didn't even give a sliver of a chance that I pity them far more than I actually hate them.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I 'love and tolerate' when it's the proper occasion, not because it's apparently a rule for every brony to suddenly love and tolerate every single thing in the universe from past to future. If a hater tries to get on my bad side and everyone is saying "Ohh, you must not be a brony because you're not loving and tolerating me!" Then they don't understand the meaning of it.

I tolerate as long as whatever a person is doing doesn't harm other people.

You like mustard on your pizza? Tolerated.

You think all of X Ethnic Group should be killed? Prepare to face my wrath.

I don't like to use the word love a lot, considering its strong implications.

For me it counts usually. If I meet someone new, i'm friendly. If they act friendly, well hey then.

But, if someone annoys the living buck out of me *cough Zakaria cough * then corrective mesaures are taken, such as doing a friendly 'pat' on the back and bringing that person down to the floor, at which point they stop.

But other than that it's just 'be nice and tolerate to a certain level.' That seems more accurate.

Unfortunately, not many bronies actually do Love and Tolerate, and a lot of flame wars are started from that. I think Loving and Tolerating pretty much means to respect other's opinions, and try to reason with haters and such, ultimately convincing them to be respectful, or trying to, anyway. Also, 

"Love your enemy. It'll annoy the sh*t outta them"

Is a funny way to put it, even though it's not really accurate. tongue.png

Edited by Sweet Dreams
  • Brohoof 1

Being loving and tolerant is not easy, it requires a great deal of patience and an open mindset. In other words, it can be quite difficult to always live by the "love and tolerate" rule, and I'm sure lots of bronies don't follow it as well. Either way I think it is a good motto and people should still try to follow it. 

My life journey has made me realize that there's a good reason for everything that people do. There are causes, influences, triggers.

I always try my best to consider that when something or someone bothers me. I also have learned that when I interact with someone with the intention to inspire and/or heal, this represents me choosing a challenge, a task. And one better learns to choose challenges wisely, otherwise it can be devastating.

These days, I get better at quickly probing whether someone is open for a little love and kindness - whether it's worth trying.

Fear can not be fought with fear, only neutralized with love. You need a lot of love and patience to heal powerful fears in people.

You know your love is pure when you don't feel bad when it doesn't work.

Edited by Dowlphin

"Love and tolerate" is perfectly fine for people who are just harmlessly different or unknown to us. We shouldn't have to spell out "Love and tolerate except for those whose actions or thoughts bring suffering or pain to others."

We aren't a bunch of morons; I think we can all collectively know when tolerance and love is a valid response and when it isn't.

• Brohoof 1

Well I can't tolerate everyone. Like narrow minded people and people who are just straight out stupid. I have met people in the past who are just... they're not good people.

• Brohoof 1

So do you tolerate nazis or haters etc.

How does the term love and tolerate work? So if you love and tolerated everypony then how do you stop them? When you just stated that you love and tolerate everypony?

I try to love and tolerate everyone who doesn't cause physical harm to other people, if he/she does cause that then it's all up to the person tbh.

Honestly, I don't try to conform, I just go my own way and make up my own mind about what situations it is appropriate to love and tolerate. Its not for any fandom to dictate how anyone should be, whether they are in it or not.

Anyone know where this whole L&T fiasco started from, and is it really FiM's theme?

MLPFiM'S theme is - obviously - the magic of friendship. Love and tolerance are just things that are inevitable preconditions for that. For true friendship that is, not the watered-down version á la Facebook friend.

I like to think that I'm fairly tolerant of people up until psychological or physical damage is being done.  I'm not sure if I always live up to that, but it's what I aspire to do.  I also wouldn't say that I 'love' everyone, but I do try to give everyone the respect that I think they deserve.

I also wouldn't say that I 'love' everyone, but I do try to give everyone the respect that I think they deserve.

I have a strong sense of compassion and I really wanted to feel compassion for Ghost, but he made me laugh so hard, my taste for absurd humor took total control.

Now I feel sorry that I can't feel sorry for him.

That man's a genius.

I tolerate people. I do not tolerate most bad actions. At least, I know I shouldn't. I choose my battles when there are actions that I know should not be tolerated.

There was a Catholic archbishop named Fulton Sheen who said this about tolerance.

“Tolerance is an attitude of reasoned patience toward evil … a forbearance that restrains us from showing anger or inflicting punishment. Tolerance applies only to persons … never to truth. Tolerance applies to the erring, intolerance to the error … Architects are as intolerant about sand as foundations for skyscrapers as doctors are intolerant about germs in the laboratory. Tolerance does not apply to truth or principles. About these things we must be intolerant, and for this kind of intolerance, so much needed to rouse us from sentimental gush, I make a plea. Intolerance of this kind is the foundation of all stability.”

I hold to this standard as best as possible.

I usually don't tolerate how people treat us or treat me but, if that is a way to make them stop then so be it. I might not approve of the ''love and tolerate'' method, but I try my best to represent us as a community the right way like everybody else does. But I try to tolerate at some actions but not bad actions to try to spite me.

We do not respond to haters because that's exactly what they want; They're just trying to get a rise out of you, if you pay attention to them, then they win. Ignore them, and move on. We love & tolerate everyone because we believe nothing good can come from hate, although some argue that some things genuinely deserve to be hated, they may be right, maybe they do deserve to be hated, but that doesn't mean we SHOULD hate them.

Instead, we merely tolerate them. We say to ourselves, you know, that guy, has a different opinion about us, he shares different views which we find reprehensible and stupid, but despite that, we're just going to ignore them because it's best not to start silly fights on the internet.