Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri- 10/10

I don't know how Martin McDonagh manages to keep doing it, after the masterpieces that were Seven Psychopaths and In Bruges I was afraid he might have "blown his load" so to speak. He's still on a roll with Three Billboards though.

Superman vs The Elite (2012)

The film is an adapdation of the What's so Funny About Truth, Justice and the American way? storyline from 2001. A really good Superhero film. My friend wonders why Superman remains my favorite superhero of all time, and that movie is a great testament to why. It's not because Superman is strong, or fast, or "overpowered", it's because of who he is. A pure of heart hero who fights for truth and justice, almost always maintaining steadfast compassion and warmth. The animation feels kind of cheap by movie standards, but it does the job and the final fight scene is spectacular. Also, the opening reminds me of Kitty0706's work, which is awesome and somber at the same time.

I finally got around to watching "The Grand Budapest Hotel"!

It's rated R but it only has a few scenes of gore/nudity/swearing and even then it's only used for comedic effect. Pretty much the only kind of R rated movie I like :P 

A bunch of great music in it too:

...Sort of makes me want to write a story called "The Grand MLPForums Hotel" :proud: (a friend once compared this place to a hotel)

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

Sailor Moon R. I actually hadn't seen this movie before. Can't say I disagree with those who think it's a must-watch (if you are the Sailor Moon type). It was great!

15 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

...Sort of makes me want to write a story called "The Grand MLPForums Hotel" :proud: (a friend once compared this place to a hotel)

Do it. I love this idea. :3

• Brohoof 1

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri. I think the premise called for a more serious-minded and subtle filmmaking approach but McDormand gives a great performance as always. 

Edited by n1029

Rare Exports. It's a Norwegian Christmas movie. I like the movie but I didn't really care for the way they invented a sick, horror backstory for Santa. I know it was just supposed to be a pitch black comedy, but some of it went a bit far.

• Brohoof 1

Dunkrik 8/10

Spoiler

It was good as expect from Nalon's but there are some part where it's like really? And the part where this frenchman "Gibson" died was the most fucked up moment in the movie. And worst, none of his so called british friends even feel grief about his death and both leave as arrogant selfish "heroes". Even after all the things he had done for them to survive, without him they would had died a long time ago. that's fucked up man.  The only thing i like in the movie was the dog fight with tom hardy and the suspense   

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2