• The Living Tombstone
    • Assertive Fluttershy
    • Glaze / WoodenToaster
    • Markarian
    • Tsyolin
    • Yaplap
    • Other(s): (Explain)
    • None
    • I don't know what a brony musician is.

• 2 months later...

I used to like some of the ones on the list, including The Living Tombstone, Omnipony, and a few others, but then I discovered one video which made me lose respect for all of them, and the genre of dubstep as a whole. :c

So I'll go with Ponyphonic. He writes absolutely beautiful music. :3

I can't choose. Last school year, I had an autobiography project to make. In my favorite music section, I literally covered the page with a list of Brony musicians. They're all the best!

• 6 months later...

My favorite would have to be Dethonator along with Archers of Agincourt, Restained Madness, Dark Symphony, Frozen Night, Kyoga, and SeriousStrings. Out of all of them it would have to be Dethonator since his music got me into the metal side of the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, nothing in this fandom beats Glaze and Tombstone. Those two are my main inspirations. They motivated me to work on my own music, so I can be part of this batch of creative people in our fan base. Listening to the stuff they made back in 2012 is no different than hearing them on the day they came out. I sure do hope to be like those guys someday.  :D​ 

I used to like some of the ones on the list, including The Living Tombstone, Omnipony, and a few others, but then I discovered one video which made me lose respect for all of them, and the genre of dubstep as a whole. :c
So I'll go with Ponyphonic. He writes absolutely beautiful music. :3

Huh? Which video are you talking about?

Edited by DJ Gumball

When I 1st joined the fandom back in 2012, my favorite musicians were The Living Tombstone, Eurobeat Brony, and dBPony. I can now say that 4 years later that title goes to the Wasteland Wailers. I feel like they are very under-appreciated within the community. This song (Mane Squeeze) is my all time favorite brony song. Give it a listen and check out all of their other outstanding tracks  :pinkie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDNlXpQHjM

• Brohoof 1

I don't see a place on the ballot for Aftermath, Sherclop Pones, PinkiePieSwear, Forest Rain, Foozogz, General Mumble, SimGretina, d.notive, Tarby, or Silva Hound. Some of those guys go as far back as Glaze and Tombstone do, you know?

Anyway, I think out of the given candidates I would choose Glaze first. Good stuff. I also really appreciate Foozogz. Dude's music is like MLP on cocaine.

My favorite fan-made song used to be "Paper Sky" by BlackGryph0n and Baasik, but now it's this:

Edited by On-Locoweed

Amazing how many good composers there are in the fandom.

@ XxApplejackxX  "I'm not really into remixes"  While I understand how you might not care for them I tend to think of them as essential for one reason.  Although Daniel Ingram is a talented composer it seems like they often have some talentless hack doing the arrangements on particular numbers that render the final finished products as less than they should be.  Why did AssertiveFluttershy have to perfect 'Babs Seed'?  That version is a top of the charts pop song.  

Most of the artists whom I like have already been mentioned so I'll give credit to one nobody has mentioned.  I absolutely loved the original 'Derpalicious' by DerpyDerp910.  Unfortunately the only version of it online right now is here:

@ Soundgarden  I second the motion..