Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you own any guns?

I_wesley125

5 hours ago, notRem said:

this is the most american thread i've ever seen lol

It is a shame that this is one of the many, many terrible stereotypes towards "aMeRiCa". One reason in the massive list to why can't stand the states being called "america" and I don't call myself an "american" and hate being referred to as such. Hoosiers for the win! That's us Indiana residents, Hoosiers. :3 

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

It is a shame that this is one of the many, many terrible stereotypes towards "aMeRiCa". One reason in the massive list to why I don't call myself an "american" and hate being referred to as such. Hoosiers for the win! That's us Indiana residents, Hoosiers. :3 

TBH, I don't have any clue what it's like to live in a state to be proud of, either.

While I do believe in people exercising their Second Amendment rights, I myself don't own a gun. Even if I did, I'd need a lot of target practice. I haven't used a gun since my days as a Boy Scout.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

It is a shame that this is one of the many, many terrible stereotypes towards "aMeRiCa". One reason in the massive list to why can't stand the states being called "america" and I don't call myself an "american" and hate being referred to as such. Hoosiers for the win! That's us Indiana residents, Hoosiers. :3 

FIRSTLY! I'm going to make it a point to say how CUTEEEE your siggy is in every thread I see you in! 

Secondly, a lot of Indiana residents are extremely proud of there guns/gun rights etc, same across more of the midwest as a whole! I've notice that (while not always the case) much of the debate on guns is urban vs rural etc, small town folks REALLY get peeved when they feel like elites from large metropolitan areas and trying to force there will on a small community of folks that just want to be left alone etc.

Now I wont get into debating what's right or wrong (because this isn't the debate pit THANK GOD) I will just end by saying I do believe that there is a lot of spite and anger between city dwellers and people that live a more small town/village rural environment.   

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Blivy said:

FIRSTLY! I'm going to make it a point to say how CUTEEEE your siggy is in every thread I see you in! 

The full image of the commission I got is linked below, above my signature image, in a blog titled Self Acceptance, which I recommend seeing that for context and such. The full image and blog link is also on my profile. Glad you like it. :) The artist nailed it. 

1 hour ago, Blivy said:

Secondly, a lot of Indiana residents are extremely proud of there guns/gun rights etc, same across more of the midwest as a whole! I've notice that (while not always the case) much of the debate on guns is urban vs rural etc, small town folks REALLY get peeved when they feel like elites from large metropolitan areas and trying to force there will on a small community of folks that just want to be left alone etc.

In terms of the part you quoted me of, I guess I dont see this as a big issue. I just like state individuality more. I have absolutely no interest in guns myself but I don't care if others have them, though I personally dont understand gun culture. Then again a lot of things about me are weird so there's that. 

• Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, Olly said:

the only guns I need are

Gaping

Unclear

Nice sailors

Wait what I'm confused!?!?

9 hours ago, Magic Note said:

I don't own them because they're too dangerous to own with the wrong people. I've seen too many cases of people who own guns take their own lives due to PTSD:@related reasons.

On a personal note when I was more depressed than I've ever been in my life I was going to use rope.....luckily family and friends (somewhat) helped me come to my senses.

Point is it's a horrible tragedy when anyone takes there own life and I'd never in my life underplay that fact but people will find ways reguardless if they have a firearm or not. I know someone close to me where he had a close family member take his own life using a firearm and is still a huge firearm enthusiast to this day despite that massive tragedy. While it is unfathomably sad and a true tragedy when suicide happens it's pointless to blame an object that has no will of its own. Only people can ultimately decide what happens to there own well being and that is with or without a firearm.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Bas said:

Not quite true. Removing the immediate and planned means dramatically reduces the chances of suicide.

This also strengthens my own views of removing planned and immediate tools like firearms from someone who is short-term determined to do a crime does not automatically resort to another tool.

Or having access to them at all.

Won't turn this into a debate. Can't argue with that. Will just say that whether or not the means exist, people will still have suicidal feelings, and they will still need the help.

I heard snipers put food on the table :nom: ?

• Brohoof 1

If I could own a gun, I would need to use it for something. I would probably start aiming at things, first non moving things, then moving things. Eventually, I will have learned how guns work and what effect it has on people around me. Pointing a weapon at living things has effects. I remember my dad (being a hunter) saying, don't point that at a person! Well, why did everyone that held a gun (not real in this case, a toy), always point it at a person. It made the person very uncomfortable. It was fun to make people scared, kinda?

This is the path that, thank god, my government and country has forbidden.

15 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

This is the path that, thank god, my government and country has forbidden.

So your people are not trust worthy or free? I never pointed a  gun at anyone. If I owned any. Which I don't.

10 minutes ago, Bas said:

Would you want to have people being allowed to own these?

I don't need a cluster bomb for self defense, but I do need a gun. And I am not opposed to people owning larger weapons. Maybe via private security as a balance against government. 

How can people say President X is a tryant, then say free citizens don't need guns to secure against  tyranny?

1 hour ago, Brony Number 42 said:

So your people are not trust worthy or free? I never pointed a  gun at anyone. If I owned any. Which I don't.

There are weapons (not guns, but knifes and obviously fists). And there are crimes. We are free to do those, with punishment as a result, so I guess we are free :awwthanks:

We don't have much school shootings as a result.

• Brohoof 1

I love guns honestly, plan on getting a good old Mauser 98K also a Magnum smith & wesson 500 couple of more guns of course I live thankfully in a pro-gun country but I'm not allowed to keep them at my house currently so I actually do not own any guns. Though when I have a place of my own I plan on owning a couple, for handguns I'm thinking of getting a couple of them from around the cowboy era I do enjoy older guns actually only modern gun I do like would be the smith & wesson I mean there are plenty of great new rifles though I've been looking into buying such as some marlin rifles like the one in Jurassic world which was beautiful although I do enjoy military style ones I have a thing for wooden stocks they simply look beautiful in my opinion although I don't know some rifles like the remington acr looks nice but here you need a special permission for those as it is fully automatic I know some guys that do own a lot of guns and most of them are more into rifles due to hunting which is very popular here. Then of course shotguns, I've been interested in getting a semi automatic shotgun although I am not much for hunting so my experience with firearms has been only at a gun range.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Real guns: No
Airsoft guns: So many.......
However, when in the US i got to fire a: P90, Thompson, Bullpup shotgun, Scar H, .44 Desert Eagle and MG42. Next time i go though i really want to get my hands on an AA-12! :Daydreaming:

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, China (100% NOT China) said:

Of course not, I am European

You can easily buy a gun as a European though haha. Though you're more likely to own one when you live out in the countryside. Of course there is Switzerland too there are a lot of european countries with strong gun cultures Chezch is one then there is Croatia known for having a gun literally everywhere. Then all of Scandinavia is has a very strong gun culture also my own country. 

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

I am not allowed to own any guns. That is strictly prohibited here.

That's not true though Sweden is one of the most pro gun countries in the world. You have a higher gun ownership rate then my country and here it is high. Not to mention you have a strong culture for hunting. It is also very easy getting a gun here all you have to do is sign up for a class on gun ownership which is like reading a book then tree or so meetings then you can buy guns and you can buy as many as you desire. Then as you have had that license for longer you are able to buy more powerful guns. 

• Brohoof 1