Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Disney Movie?

Dopey Hooves

I personally loved:

-Wreck-It-Ralph

-The Secret World of Arrietty

-The Nightmare Before Christmas

Those are my main favorite ones; most people haven't even heard of 'The Secret World of Arrietty'. :3

• Brohoof 1

I personally loved:

-Wreck-It-Ralph

-The Secret World of Arrietty

-The Nightmare Before Christmas

Those are my main favorite ones; most people haven't even heard of 'The Secret World of Arrietty'. :3

xD I haven't either. Maybe sometime I will check it out. I bet it's a pretty good movie. But, how can I tell. xD Welp thanks for your feedback.

The Lion King and Wreck It Ralph. Don't worry, I love all of the Disney movies even though there are other movies that rip off of Disney. Just like the Animated Titanic movies, they ripped off of Disney. Anyway, Disney makes good movies.

• Brohoof 2

The Lion King, the Toy Story trilogy, and freakin' Mulan. I LOVED MULAN. Gotta defeat the huns man. Don't care for too many of the newer movies, but they aren't bad.

bolt.jpg

Bolt is not my favorite Disney film. But it was so much better than I expected it to be that I've got to give it props; plus, it often gets lost in the shuffle of so many other movies. I could watch it a hundred times and not get tired of it.

• Brohoof 1

Hunchback of Notre Dame

Wreck-It Ralph

Lion King

Mulan

Lilo and Stitch

National Treasure

Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl

Practically everything by Pixar, but mostly

- Toy Story 1, 2, 3

- The Incredibles

- Up

- Bug's Life(one of their most underrated films

Do The Avengers count?(I know it's mainly Marvel and other studios, but it was made when Disney bought out Marvel)

Wreck-It Ralph. I think I can confirm that no other film can top that one because the whole movie is about video games. Being the huge gamer nerd I am, all the references, along with Sonic being in there made that movie my personal favorite of all time.

The Lion King. Hands down.

Such a beautiful piece of animation.

The songs.

The colorful characters.

Everything about this movie is absolute perfection. I actually went to go see it in theaters a few years back when they were doing Lion King 3D, and I nearly cried when "Circle of Life" played in the beginning. Such an amazing song, and seeing it on the big screen  and hearing it in amazing quality brought back so many good memories. The Lion King will always be my favorite Disney movie. It means a lot to me :)

• Brohoof 1

My favorite Disney movies are The Lion King, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid. All the others are enjoyable to me, but those are the big three. Childhood and such, you know how it is. If I had to rank them on a scale according to how much I like them (from top to bottom; top being most-liked, bottom being least-liked), this is how it'd go:

- The Lion King

- Aladdin

- The Little Mermaid

- All others

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say that Sleeping Beauty is my all time favorite. Beautiful animation, lighting, colors and it has one of the most hardcore villains and one of the greatest Disney quotes "ALL THE POWERS OF HELL!".

Had a prince who was actually bad-arse, a vicious dragon, great music, and funny moments.

For current: I need to say TANGLED and WRECK IT RALPH

I thought The Lion King was one of Disney's most beautifully animated films. Maybe the most beautiful. And it was a great movie.

But, just to throw it out there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimba_the_White_Lion#The_Lion_King_controversy

...it still really peeves me off that Disney refuses to admit what they did. There are multiple characters and scenes which were clearly borrowed from the earlier film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X1hYx9ufvI&feature=related

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think there was a favorite Disney movie before. But my favorites are FrankenWeenie, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Wreck it Ralph, TRON, WALL-E, Atlantis, Meet the Robinsons and Treasure Planet.

Edited by Ulrik Raben

I would say my favorite Disney movie of all time would be The Nightmare Before Christmas.  I fell in love with the story and the songs.  Especially Oogie Boogie's song.  You don't know how happy I was when I saw The Nightmare Before Christmas in Kingdom Hearts!

(edited)

In the first place, "Atlantis: The Lost Empire"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkrkTgICzHM

They worked on it 7 years, and they even invented an artificial language and alphabet for it. Nice piece of animation, great storytelling and fantastic music by James Newton Howard.

Next on my list is "Treasure Planet"

It's not a new story -- it's just a revamped version of "Treasure Island" moved to cosmic space, with space-sailing-ships & space pirates -- but what a great one! Definitely worth to watch.

Third place belongs to "Tron" (the old one)

because of the very original idea of putting humans into a world inside a computer. These days it may seem lame, but the visual effects were very cutting-edge at the time this movie appeared.

There's also one Disney animation I'd like to honour: "Fantasia 2000: Firebird Suite"

because of astonishing animation. (Music in this version is not original, but I think it fits quite well, maybe better than original.)

Edited by SasQ

Oh boy, I've seen so many Disney movies.

... It's a tough choice between 1982 Tron...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efV2wqEjEY

... and the original 1940 Fantasia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG_fTGNbmk8

Tron looks just so stunning considering the year it came out and even though similar kinds of movies came out at the same decade (The Last Starfighter for example), Tron is one of the few ones that actually simply just stuns you.

And then there's Fantasia... ... Oh God... What DON'T I like about this? Incredible music, good segments, introduces one of the most, if not THE MOST, evil Disney character ever AND... one of the segments actually reminds me of G1 MLP opening. Anyone who's seen both can guess what segment I'm talking about.

(edited)

My favourite old Disney film would have to be "The Black Cauldron". Now, I don't remember much of it since it was something I watched as a kid, but I do remember it being dark as hell! Seriously, it was like terrifyingly black; definitely fits its title. But the characters were great and had a well-developed bond with one another IMO, and the animation whilst old is still pretty bold and strong.

My favourite Disney movie of recent years though was "Wreck-It Ralph". As a gamer, I was quite content with all of the references to games from my childhood at the start, but I was thinking that the entire movie would be nothing but references all throughout. I was wrong. Once the story kicked off, it became its own thing and I was really pleased to see how well it was played out. The development of the main characters is great, and the pack of ideas in it kept the movie from getting dull and repetitive :)

Edited by LMW-YBC

(edited)

Truly a difficult question... Can one truly have only one favourite Disney movie?

Here is a list in no particular order of my favourites and a brief explanation of why it's on the list.

- Toy Story {Grew up with the series and I loved all the characters. Toy Story 3 hit me like a freaking train!}

- The Nightmare Before Christmas {It's a true classic and the animation is downright incredible considering it's stop motion. I have to keep reminding myself that it is stop motion most times.}

- The Hunchback of Notre Dame {Holy crap does it get dark! Then again, the story it's based off of isn't exactly that happy either. Frollo is one of my favourite Disney villains as well, I guess I have a thing for maniacal lawful evil villains.}

- The Lion King {Another classic. What else can be said?}

- The Emperor's New Groove {Most quotable movie EVER!... well, maybe not ever... I mean, it's pretty quotable and I thought it was funny}

Oh, and on a side note: hair. (sorry, couldnt resist posting this in a disney thread...)

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Since I have so many favorites here are some: Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph, Bolt, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, and Toy Story Trilogy. Don't worry, I still appreciate all the classics like the old Princess movies and A Bug's Life. Disney has too many masterpieces for me to choose my favorite.

I've always loved watching Disney movies.  My favorite out of all the ones I've seen is The Lion King (all of them of course).  I also like: Finding Nemo, Toy Story, and Bolt.

The Great Mouse Detective: Hilarious, witty, and I loved Rattigan as the villain.

Robin Hood (the one with the fox): Prince John as a sheepish lion was just a combination that resulted in death by laughter.

The Emperor's New Groove: Slapstick humour at its finest.

If we include Pixar, then these movies would be up there:

Finding Nemo: One of the first Pixar movies I watched. Instantly fell in love with it. Especially loved Dory.

Ratatouille: My favourite Pixar movie, because food.

Up: Ellen and Carl are just a match made in heaven. When Ellen passed away, I teared up. The Chinese dude was also hilarious!

• Brohoof 1