Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

Maokai? Tanky supporter? NOPE. Magekai is best Maokai.

Lol I like him better as a bit thicker of a character. He's really strong as a tank, and with his ultimate he is easily one of the tankiest characters. I love playing with a Graves ADC, since Graves' natural tankiness combined with Maokai ult makes a Graves near impossible to kill, so long as said Graves is not playing like a moron

I never play ranked anymore. I gave up on that crud. I get the worst teams ever. My W/L is 2 and 14. Can't get out of Bronze IV, because they're absolutely horrific.

So, Urgot is actually not THAT bad... I nearly got a triple kill, with like half health.

So... Any tips?

RoA is pretty much the rush-to core item. The mana, HP (yay passive procs) and damage + free sustain in lane. AS is also a very good choice as secondary unless the enemies are AD heavy (you can consider some armor earlier though if laning phase is not over yet and you're having a lil' struggle against your lane opponent). Rest of the build tends to be situational.

Maxing E is not really that great.

Against most champs you'll want to max Q first, especially melee. Sure, sapling toss has higher damage potential, however it also costs more mana AND is very easy to dodge. You'll want to poke them when they overextend by E>W>Q and run while they're slowed or pick fights if they have lower dmg potential. If they're melee, Q is also much better for poke. Q has only 6 seconds cooldown, so in reality in case of all-in you're able to toss out much more damage instantly than you could with E. Plus, it's simply great for waveclearing and keeping your turret alive in lane. +slow for ganks. It's also much better for jungling, although if you jungle you probably will start E since you can stack it before spawn and take/max Q second.

Okay after I reached 30 played a few games to reach my rank. I won five and lost five. My last game was a win and it said my rank is silver V. Am I wrong or did I completely pass bronze?

Yeah, when I went for rankeds in S3 I landed in Silver I. 7 more matches and I was Gold V. Stopped then because I only wanted free Elise :P

So, like, it's been months since I've replied here, and I actually had a chance to visit my hometown last week. I've noticed the DJ Sona skin ( I have zero contact with LoL in here :) ), and instabuyed it lol. Guys. Guize. GUIZE... ... ... ...this is the most amazing skin RITO has made so far.

I am not lying when I'm saying that when I've played matches with it, I was focused much more on listening to the beat and playing to it rather than tryharding to win. It's been a long time since I've had so much fun just playing a game. Like, no matter what happened I had a smile on my face because of how wonderful that skins' quality and sound effects are. Plus, Sona's like my favorite champion, with Nami and Tresh being close behind. #support4tehlife

RoA is pretty much the rush-to core item. The mana, HP (yay passive procs) and damage + free sustain in lane. AS is also a very good choice as secondary unless the enemies are AD heavy (you can consider some armor earlier though if laning phase is not over yet and you're having a lil' struggle against your lane opponent). Rest of the build tends to be situational.

Maxing E is not really that great.

Against most champs you'll want to max Q first, especially melee. Sure, sapling toss has higher damage potential, however it also costs more mana AND is very easy to dodge. You'll want to poke them when they overextend by E>W>Q and run while they're slowed or pick fights if they have lower dmg potential. If they're melee, Q is also much better for poke. Q has only 6 seconds cooldown, so in reality in case of all-in you're able to toss out much more damage instantly than you could with E. Plus, it's simply great for waveclearing and keeping your turret alive in lane. +slow for ganks. It's also much better for jungling, although if you jungle you probably will start E since you can stack it before spawn and take/max Q second.

Thanks for all the tips! A lot of this I knew already but the AS buy was something I bought as an accident and found some good use in it lol, so thanks for helping me think to use that latter. I'm mostly having trouble with initiation, which is where I've been asking for help in  :blush:

@@KokuraiNoSenshi,

Initiation depends mainly on team compositions already.

Obviously if you have poke comp you will not want to initiate teamfight since you might lose an all-in. You might just want to stay at the front line, soaking that dablage, while the rest of the team pokes the enemy as long as they need to.

Or in case they engage, focus on either locking down their carries (although with poke teams there's usually not too many people to follow you on finishing them off), either on peeling your own carries (and that's usually the better option if you didn't wither their HP bars enough before it happened. Especially since your ult reduces the damage your team takes).

But initiation in itself depends on variety of factors... Do you have Shurelya's? Or Sivir? Or any other means of catching up with the enemy? Or maybe you're focused more on creating 'dem plays by having, f.e., that crucial Ori ball on yourself while you manage to land a twisted advance on one of carries? In which case the initiation depends more on finding a good spot for it, since obviously pulling such strategy off in the center of mid lane is extremely hard. So positioning and vision control (as always...) are key here. And even if you don't, if you simply walk forward with that ball on yourself you'll make the guys a bit uneasy, maybe someone will panic and make a mistake you can use :P (such us splitting away from the team).

That's one of the static game parts which you simply have to go over and over and over again to be able to determine what should you actually do and evaluate if your team is in condition to handle such initiation or not.

PS: As for AS, I like this item on Mao personally. It gives you that lil' bit of Mres and some damage, plus it helps your team in dealing magic dmg obviously. If you don't have too much magic damage in team however, it's worth reconsidering replacing it with anything that would be of greater use (Randuin/Locket/Sunfire [magic dmg after all]). Again, secondary choices.

• Brohoof 1

Okay after I reached 30 played a few games to reach my rank. I won five and lost five. My last game was a win and it said my rank is silver V. Am I wrong or did I completely pass bronze?

You passed it in rank, yes, but that's it. You're still mixed in with bronze when it comes to games, don't think you've escaped anything just yet, mate. You're literally scratching the top of the barrel with that one. :z

So Manamune Twitch is a thing apparently. Now I can spam the buck out of my burst damage. All I need to put in is some CD reduction, and then I can have my ult in less than a minute. Oh yes, yes. I have been wrecking as Twitch lately building that as the 2nd item of my build. (1st Greaves, 2nd MM, 3rd BT, 4th Shiv, 5th Zephyr, 6th IE).

I'm still clenching hard after this bare win. There was no reason we should have won this one cause there were WAY too many times people got caught out by Kat or were just too split up for any kind of fight. Oh, and I accidentally canceled my recall once when Renekton tried to finish cause I was panicking a bit, however, inhib came back up literally at the last second. xD

OnO4x62.jpg

Well, I played Malzahar mid again...

post-30668-0-68885800-1426418369_thumb.jpg

After about 6 minutes, I was 0/4 to Zed and he was 3 levels higher than me. Considering that, I say I went pretty well, especially because I spent the last 15 minutes of the game inside our base. Yeah, the enemy team pushed all our nexus towers and we had an inhib down. Jax kept trying to backdoor us, but always failed, only because of me and/or Teemo. If it weren't for that, I probably would've been 20/9 by the end.

I think I'm becoming addicted to this game. I bought both the starter and digital collecters pack the other day to have some more champions to play as. I may still be learning how to play this game, but I'm having a good time doing so. Yay!  :nom:

Oh yes, I also purchased Ahri and Taric today using my IP points. Taric is kind of meh, and Ahri is pretty fun to play as. Also, I was thinking it'd be fun if we got an Mlpforums league of legends thing going on. Even if it's just five of us against bots, that's still be fun!

Also, I was thinking it'd be fun if we got an Mlpforums league of legends thing going on. Even if it's just five of us against bots, that's still be fun!

I'd be happy to join! ^^ My summoner name is Drasamo, and I play on NA. I'm not a super good LoL player but I think I could still help out with item builds and stuff if you want. ^^

• Brohoof 1

I'd be happy to join! ^^ My summoner name is Drasamo, and I play on NA. I'm not a super good LoL player but I think I could still help out with item builds and stuff if you want. ^^

In-houses are pretty fun, and I'm sure there are 10 people who are willing to play. But everyone will need to make a Pinkie promise not to be a salty sausage  during the match .__. Some people just can't take losing well....

I think I'm becoming addicted to this game. I bought both the starter and digital collecters pack the other day to have some more champions to play as. I may still be learning how to play this game, but I'm having a good time doing so. Yay!  :nom:

Oh yes, I also purchased Ahri and Taric today using my IP points. Taric is kind of meh, and Ahri is pretty fun to play as. Also, I was thinking it'd be fun if we got an Mlpforums league of legends thing going on. Even if it's just five of us against bots, that's still be fun!

I'd be down to join. My summoner name is Enok and Bobo. There are still many champions I have yet to try out, but some of my favorites so far would be Mordekaiser and Cho'gath. Anytime you should find me online, don't be afraid to hit me up 

Why are the majority of LoL players so bad? No offense, there are plenty of good ones. BUT SO MANY BOT-LEVEL PLAYERS THAT ACT LIKE THEY ARE LEGIT.

HECK I HAD TO GET A RUNE PAGE TO WIN, and my KDAs were great for the most part. (Two exceptions, I had no support one and raging feeders the other).

I had to go 18-2-5 with an LB support to finally win.

Edited by TwillyFSniper

EU NE.

img-3593128-1-Untitled-1.jpg

I'll be back home next weekend, so if *nobody* wants to play around a bit msg me, lel.

They had 3 tanks o.O who the hell was supposed to deal damage there? Plus mainly AP, even with Corki (mixed one, AP skills).

#Forethought

They had 3 tanks o.O who the hell was supposed to deal damage there? Plus mainly AP, even with Corki (mixed one, AP skills).

#Forethought

That's precisely the reason why I picked him. They had loads of magic damage and no hyper carry adc.