Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Alicorn Twilight give S4 a new intro?

KVoakes17

New theme song?  

179 users have voted

1. 1. With a new intro, would you like to see the theme song changed?

• yay...
    • Neigh!

Eh, i wouldn't mind a new theme song, but at the same time, I have no idea what all they would do.

Idk maybe they will think of something, however it seems like if the past is an indication they'll change the opening sequence of clips, but not the actual song.

It'll just have Twilight and maybe some different stuff I imagine.

who knows for sure though.

I totally wouldn't mind a new Theme song though.

It would be surprising if they left the intro as-is, or just stuck wings on Twilight. Animation may be expensive, but not revising the title sequence would be a cheap move.

Most multi-season animation shows change their title sequence slightly for each season, and then a major change if there a change in story arc focus. Given you can bundle up Seasons 1-3 as a syndicatable block, making a change to the animation and music of the opening would definitely signal that the show is being renewed as a new multi-season block.

I'd be just fine with them adding wings on Twilight. I don't care if they change the music, honestly. I like the opening yes, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if they switched things up a little bit.

Well I do think that the intro will be changed. I am not sure about the theme song though, but I really hope that they will keep the same song. I would prefer the version from Season 1 over the one we have had now.

I think it would be interesting to see a new intro and theme song due to the fact that she's an Alicorn now, but I'll also be sad to see the old one go since we've had it since the first season.

I wouldn't mind a new intro. I liked the remix of the theme in Equestria Girls. I wonder how they'll make it work with Twilicorn. mlp-dhappy.png

Of course? Why wouldn't it?  ^_^

"Okay guys! The fans like Unicorn Twilight better, so we're just gonna keep the Season 2 and 3 opening just for shizzez and gigs even though we have a history of changing our intro!"  :derp: 

But I'm hoping for a more 'princesses-y' kinda opening. It would make since if the other princesses were in it since Twilight has a new role as one. 

• Brohoof 1

I think that the theme song should stay the same but the animations will have to change a bit to show that twilight is a alicorn.

I'm agreeing with this, I think the intro should be left the same in terms of format. Visually just add Twily's wings and left everything else the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDvE1sKBkSo

On topic:

I think that it would stay the same with the purple unicorn having wings as the only difference, but if they're really making a new theme, I'm fine with it.

"Twi, you know I like ya an all, but do ya reckon you can get that wing-boner outta ma face? I told ya, I'd uh, be taken care a ya later tonight." 

(edited)

I guess there will be a new opening in Season 4. Or there will be an opening with small changes just like in the third episode. Maybe Simspons like openings for each episode.

Edited by Ulrik Raben

I'd love to see new theme tune, but I don't know if is video important. Certainly they will give Twilight wings in intro(or not xD It will be so funny). I think they should concentrate on show, not on intro ;) 

I would enjoy a new song because the old one is getting kind of repetitive and with twi being an alicorn, the animation must be changed, so it would be weird to keep the same old song. Don't you agree?

• Brohoof 1

No new theme song please.  The one they have right now is perfect.  Maybe a remix, but that's it. 

As far as the animation, I think they really have no choice but to update it.

• Brohoof 1

The Intro is one of the few Ingram compositions I want to throw in a barrel and shoot over and over with a shotgun. It's not only the worst FiM song, it's also the worst MLP intro period. I might like G4 a lot better than G3(from what little I've seen of it), but the G3 blows the G4 Intro out of the water music-wise.

• Brohoof 1

I'm too attached to the current theme song. :B I personally wouldn't want to see it changed. Perhaps they will change the animations up a little with the advent of alicorn twilight. Maybe it'll get remixed again, like in season 2?

Of course it will.

Well, y'know how RD fly's in at the start of the first intro. I thought it'd be cool if Her and Twilight fly in together and create a tornado that creates a rainbow and purple outlined mushroom cloud, then this song starts playing, not the normal theme, while every one flies through the sky on Pegasi's back

• Brohoof 1

I certanily hope for a new song, as the old one is quite old. Perhaps the remix used for Equestria Girls? Everyone loved that, me included.

No doubt it will be changed though.

I would enjoy a new song because the old one is getting kind of repetitive and with twi being an alicorn, the animation must be changed, so it would be weird to keep the same old song. Don't you agree?

Shows like The Simpsons and the Flintstones have been on longer than MLP:FiM has and they kept their theme music the same throughout. And I heard no one complain about that.

So I personally see little to no reason why the overall theme song should change. Maybe some slight changes based on Twilight becoming and Alicorn, but I find it doubtful they'd flip it entirely.

I meant to reply to this topic forever ago. I think the most that can happen to the S4 opening is that Twilight will be featured with wings, and maybe a little crown to go with it. I would really like to see a new version of the theme be introduced like we go with Lesson Zero in October 2011.

I'm also starting to think that maybe instead of riding a balloon, would if Twilight flew down to the ground with Rainbow Dash? (Despite not being that good at flying)