Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some bronies seem to hate Princess Celestia?

Moonlight

Just so you're aware , I've merged your thread with an already existing one for discussion as to why some bronies have a dislike or misunderstanding of Princess Celestia.

Praise the sun and take care!

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate her, but yeah I dislike her.

I look upon her as a great source of stress and anxiety in the ponies; Lesson Zero was a good example of that. Sure that could have been Twilights own personal difficulties with deadline anxiety, but I don't actually feel like Princess Celestia handles difficulties very compassionately. She's a lot icier than she could be for a Princess, and she will typically "put off" from reassuring a pony that "you don't need to worry about this at all! :)" until the VERY end of the show, dragging out the ponies fear and anxiety for longer than need be.

I do realize though, that such difficulties are there to form a substantial story to begin with, so...

(edited)

I figured, I just wanted some humor :D

Before, the comment was directed towards Luna 831, but when they merged my thread, it made it look like my comment was directed to myself XD

I'm no troll, of course, and have snipped my comment.

Edited by Minister KelGrym

I hate celestia because she represents real life evil, which to me is the sun. Damn those cancer causing rays, and making bigger people really sweaty and gamers want to stay inside all day. 

But the moon tho. Never heard of a moon burn getting moon cancer. 

JOIN THE DARK SIDE. WE HAVE BACON

I personally like all the princesses equally. Despite Luna being extremely overrated, they're all pretty interesting. Celestia intrigues me more than the other ponies, while I would like some background on Cadence, knowing more about how Celestia and Luna grew up and were raised would be cool! 

I also am patiently awaiting for the time to come when a male alicorn comes into the picture. Maybe a king who isn't a unicorn?

• Brohoof 1

Some people might hate celestia because she banished luna to the moon for 1000 years and

She always relys on other ponies to stop the villain whilst she sits on her throne probably (im not a hater)

I don't hate her, but yeah I dislike her.

I look upon her as a great source of stress and anxiety in the ponies; Lesson Zero was a good example of that. Sure that could have been Twilights own personal difficulties with deadline anxiety, but I don't actually feel like Princess Celestia handles difficulties very compassionately. She's a lot icier than she could be for a Princess, and she will typically "put off" from reassuring a pony that "you don't need to worry about this at all! :)" until the VERY end of the show, dragging out the ponies fear and anxiety for longer than need be.

I do realize though, that such difficulties are there to form a substantial story to begin with, so...

So Celestia should be psychic and know that Twilight is having a freak out? 

• Brohoof 1

So Celestia should be psychic and know that Twilight is having a freak out? 

Err... lol, no? 

I was referring to the end of the episode when Celestia is present - so many times I was just screaming "Just reassure them already! Stop playing this out so long!" XD But yeah, I still find it generally kind of weird / suspect that ponies tend to have so much anxiety around her. Yeah sure I know, she's a princess, but she could be waaaaay warmer as a character, IMHO. 

Hate is a such a strong word  ... more like they really really really really really really dislike her

^ somewhat hyperbole, but I honestly don't think people hate her really, dislike her probably.

There can be various reasons, and I don't feel like sifting through the whole 7 pages of this thread to grab out some of the most reasonable ones.

Also, there are probably some who jumped on the bandwagon of Celestia hate, just because bandwagons.

She has too much of that cliche' Princess attitude. She has no substance and not real personality, strength or anything about her that makes her powerful or interesting. She's weak in mind and soul is why I don't like her. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't hate celestia :) , she's the second best princess. I'm pretty sure all the things you metioned were jokes that people from the fandom came up with.

I am not hating Princess Celestia... just I am not liking her. Why? Because she is like a typical mother.  She will do what she thinks she should do, without thinking about another way. And everytime she is right. Only now there were a lot of ways to showing how much Celestia was suffering, because of her decision to sending Luna to the moon - look at season 4 and official comics.

That's a little sad that now suddenly she is cleared from all her bad sides...

Alright, let's continue this.

In my opinion it's only Celestia's guilty of making Luna transforming into Nightmare Moon. In the show we have got only a fragment, where Luna decided to rebel. But we don't know what was earlier. And I think that Celestia was just a bad sister. Luna was coming jealous of gratitude from the citizens and depressed because of being ignored by ponies. If Celestia had notice all of this in time and made her best to help her sister, Princess of the Night would never transform into NM.

Also I don't like Celestia, because of the day. There is so hot, so stuffy... CELESTIA GO AWAY, I want the cold night or at least the cold day ;_;

Signed,

The most loyable Princess Luna's subject in Poland.

PS. Maybe Celestia is fatter and has got a better butt, but even this, I'm not going to betray my beloved Princess of the Night!

I am not hating Princess Celestia... just I am not liking her. Why? Because she is like a typical mother.  She will do what she thinks she should do, without thinking about another way. And everytime she is right. Only now there were a lot of ways to showing how much Celestia was suffering, because of her decision to sending Luna to the moon - look at season 4 and official comics.

That's a little sad that now suddenly she is cleared from all her bad sides...

Alright, let's continue this.

In my opinion it's only Celestia's guilty of making Luna transforming into Nightmare Moon. In the show we have got only a fragment, where Luna decided to rebel. But we don't know what was earlier. And I think that Celestia was just a bad sister. Luna was coming jealous of gratitude from the citizens and depressed because of being ignored by ponies. If Celestia had notice all of this in time and made her best to help her sister, Princess of the Night would never transform into NM.

Also I don't like Celestia, because of the day. There is so hot, so stuffy... CELESTIA GO AWAY, I want the cold night or at least the cold day ;_;

Signed,

The most loyable Princess Luna's subject in Poland.

PS. Maybe Celestia is fatter and has got a better butt, but even this, I'm not going to betray my beloved Princess of the Night!

May I interject on the matter of Celestia being at fault for Luna turning to Nightmare Moon?

Right, my bad is that I wrote like "it's only her fault". Of course, Luna could better behave. But here we're talking about Celestia plus a lot of people are just taking what's in the show, without thinking a little.

Of course, there is also a theory of Sombra or Discord making Luna jealous, but... to be honest I think, that's less real than theory about Celestia's fault.

I don't know, honestly when it comes down to the nitty gritty, it's probably because Celestia is a "white" color and Luna is a "darker" color... Ya see, everyone would most lik-... Wait, nevermind...

Nah, Celestia is fine. I really don't have a preference between her or Luna. It's pretty much whatever, they both are cool.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I don't think anyone hates her. She just sometimes doesn't make sense. Almost all examples of her acting weird have been stated in the above comments, but I'd like to add that scene in Feeling Pinkie Keen where she comes out of the sky randomly.

I hate Celestia, she is the worst princess of them all. Luna is bad too, but she never sends the Mane 6 to do things for her and she also doesn't troll her subjects.

P.S. She is a Goddess and that seems too..eh..

I don't know, honestly when it comes down to the nitty gritty, it's probably because Celestia is a "white" color and Luna is a "darker" color... Ya see, everyone would most lik-... Wait, nevermind...

Nah, Celestia is fine. I really don't have a preference between her or Luna. It's pretty much whatever, they both are cool.

I hear Racism :P...and it's not that as I prefer Celestia's design to Luna's.. Edited by NightGuard

(edited)

Twilight likes Celestia and Twilight is best pony, so therefore Celestia is okay in my book.

But I'll be damned if Luna isn't a hell of a lot cooler.

Edited by Regulus