Status Updates  

132 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use them?

• All the time
    • A good bit
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never

I use them all the time when I have something to say that's not enough to write a whole blog about.

i use the status bar all the time

but im trying not to use it as much as i know how annoying loads of notifications are 

Not a issue, you can turn of status notifications(which I did, because it got annoying having a constant steam of notifications every-time someone posted a status)

I use them all the time when I have something to say that's not enough to write a whole blog about.

Not a issue, you can turn of status notifications(which I did, because it got annoying having a constant steam of notifications every-time someone posted a status)

naaa they dont annoy me i was saying i know they annoy other people x3

I really do like the status update feature... It's kind of a nice little place to post stuff that isn't long enough to be either a blog or regular post. All in all it's a nice little feature.

The one thing I dislike about them is they show up as a notification, making me think I have responses to my topics. I'm fine with people using them, but I don't really have anything to say personally to people I don't even know.  I was never one for chat rooms, so I don't care for statuses or visiting others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They're a good way for expressing random thoughts or ideas that wouldn't justify a forum topic.  They're also handy for letting fellow members know you'll be offline for awhile and stuff like that.  Finally, I enjoy using them to extend birthday greetings to my friends.  :D

• Brohoof 1

I don't use status updates all that much compared to some members, but it is a very handy feature to have if you need to let your friends know you won't be around, or if you just feel like expressing a random thought. It's a great tool for both info and entertainment, and it's a lot handier than writing out private messages. I like to see what my friends are up to whether I reply to their updates or not. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...