1. 1. Do you use them?

• All the time
    • A good bit
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never

(edited)

Sky Chaser here with another survey.

In my opinion if you're not using status updates, you're missing out on a large portion of the forums. But no one asked for my opinion, so what's yours?

(Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned exactly what to search for to find every single thread that has been locked with "This topic contains very little in the way of content and, as such, would be better suited as a status update or blog...) #SearchFeatureProbs

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 5

Every once in a while. Definitely less than most others here. Many times I just don't have anything status worthy to share (or I do and just don't feel like announcing it).

I don't do much status updates (( As you should know, since you're my friend. )) since I don't know what I should update about. Yeah, sometimes.

I voted sometimes. There are times where I will go weeks without posting a status update, and other times where I'll post more than one a week. It depends on whether or not I feel like I have anything to say in one. 

I do enjoy making status updates, and commenting on other people's, though. It's a fun, quick, and easy way to communicate with people, and it gives me a break from the more lengthy discussions on the forum. I do enjoy typing out long forum posts on things that interest me (example), but I can only do that for so long before I just need to take a break and do something that doesn't require as much effort.

(edited)

Yup. I talk with one of my best friends almost exclusively through status updates/profile comments, etc. They're a very nice way to interact with the rest of the community and to have fun little conversations, as well as a nice way to quickly tell somebody something that seems too casual for a PM. I don't make my own status updates all that often, but I love to chime in on others'.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

I might make 1 or 2 a day so it's a good amount. :3 I usually just like to have fun with them and say my own quotes or share videos. Yep.

At first, when I saw "status updates," I thought "Facebook," like most probably would.

Assumed they'd be stupid.

Assumed it'd be drama.

Nope.

Is fun times.

They're basically just mini forum lounge threads. 

Now I post statuses more frequently than I change my username (and that's a lot).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's a good alternative for a chat room. You can talk about nonsense without your thread getting locked or posting in the 'General Chat Thread'.

If my memory serves me right, there are some members who have never made a status update since they joined a year ago.

Edited by Aerial Stream

I love to use it so I can talk to meh buddies on here ^^
I like to talk to people and make some new friends...I consider anyone my friend really. XD

I use them to usually introduce myself to new members or people that I want to meet. Other times, I usually just PM people when I'm pretty bored.

I just use them for random junk and to bother people I may or may not really know. That's just how it works, they're like mini forum-lounge threads. If you post something as a status, 9/10 it will /NOT/ be taken seriously.

• Brohoof 1

I sometimes use status updates, not often though. I would use it more often, but I have nothing interesting to update about and I dislike doing those goodnight updates. I just find those pointless, honestly. If I update, I want it to be about something somewhat interesting so there can be some kind of conversation. Rarely ever happens though. So, I just comment on other status updates because they are interesting.

I do when I see fit. Mostly as a means of delivering insight into my odd life or venting in a non-destructive way if something gets to me.

I don't really participate in the updates of others. Admittedly, I might want to get better with that. 

I like to update my status whenever I have something I feel like sharing to the forums. I think it's a very useful feature, as it offers an opportunity for users to interact with each other and just talk. It's also a way to let the forums know how you're doing or what's going on with your life. I'm mainly a status commenter though :P but making statuses is fun as well.

Of course I do, just not every 1-5 minutes like some members do. I try to limit them and give them some space. Not that it really matters because my status updates are usually fairly uninteresting and pointless. In fact, quite a few updates are fairly pointless. I guess it is my not liking me aspect saying this, but mine seem doubly pointless. Most have nothing new or exciting to say.

Not so much. I have Twitter. I update there. I just use updates here to yell at people or make horrible jokes about dead and/or black people and/or babies.

I use them wuite often mostly to get song lyrics out my head or some other completly random thought on my mind that doesnt fit into a topic like do you think fish talk to each other? You know stuff like that

• Brohoof 1

I use the status updates a LOT.

It was all I ever used on MLP forums until I gathered the courage to go into forum games and eventually General and Media discussions.

I still post status updates. They are usually full of nonsense or what goes on lately. I use it for fun and to hopefully meet and converse with people I do and don't know since status updates aren't limited to one topic.