Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Have Plastic Surgery?

MLPForums Phanact

Would You Ever Have Plastic Surgery?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Would You Ever Have Plastic Surgery?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/Depends
    • Already Have

I haven't seen a topic on this so far so I thought why not make one!

This may seem like just vanity but would you ever consider Plastic Surgery for any reason at all?

I personally would like to have my nose reshaped as I'm definitely not happy with it but I was just wondering what people's thoughts are regarding the entire subject of Plastic Surgery and if they would ever want/have it done!

Obviously there is plastic surgery for other reasons such as burns etc. which you can also mention here.

(Just saying, try not to be insulting :3)

Edited by Kaz

Not unless I was in an accident where i had severe scarring or face muation. I am pretty happy with my appearance, but then again I am still pretty young. Myopinion could change once I start getting into my 50s or 60s

• Brohoof 2

This is a really complicated subject for me. On one hand, I think I look fine and don't need it and never will. On the other hand, I think I look real hideous and would be better off with plastic surgery. So, I don't know. I guess I'm in the middle here...

• Brohoof 1

Unless I was horribly disfigured in an accident or something than no I would not. I am happy with the way I look, God made me the way I am and I like what I am already.

• Brohoof 1

I would never have plastic surgery just because I don't like my look. For starters, I'm happy with my current look. Secondly, I dislike the idea of wasting money just to edit my appearance.

However, I would consider it if my face was disfigured in an accident, fire, etc. That would be my only reason for considering plastic surgery.

Edited by Blue Moon

I don't really get plastic surgery. I know I'm not the most attractive person, but that doesn't matter to me. Even if I was in an accident where my face was changed, I would still keep it the way it is because God put it like that for some reason.

I'd wouldn't get it personally, for any reason other than if got really messed up. I'm not unhappy with way I look  I've grown to accept even my flaws. Also taking plastic surgery is playing a game of chance with your body so never take it lightly.

I don't think I need plastic surgery. The problems with plastic surgery is it alters your look but you need to pay money, while at the same time your trying to find out who you really are.

I would if I would have an accident, I don't know I have sort of learned to just love myself the way I am. Besides, there is nothing wrong with my face or anything and I already believe that I'm a little handsome or I don't know at least handsome enough. I don't know I think I will never do it. I have nothing against plastic surgeries although some people do look a little fake afterwards. So I wouldn't, as long as you are happy about it then it's ok. I personally wouldn't because I like how I look, so I wouldn't see the point unless I would have an accident.

So maybe.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I would like not to but I don't really have a choice.  To be considered a dude legally, I have to have some surgeries, even if I'll try to only get minor surgeries.  I don't really want my looks altered.  Also, it is recommend after hormones to prevent cancer.

if i ever get is an accident and i get all deformed and stuff, then i would consider doing plastic surgery.

but only then. i am pretty happy with my body, so i don't think it is needed.

I'm really adamant on getting it done even though people are telling me I shouldn't. I accept the fact I have flaws so why can't I use MY money to fix those flaws? The technology exists, so use it.

well, if you really want it, and you are sure that the outcome is for the better, then go for it.

just know that even with a nose job they fuck around in your face... not the most delicate spot if something goes wrong

Edited by repsol rave

Like others have said I like the way I am now. But I would definitely consider it if I got a bad burn or was disfigured in an accident or something like that. But most of the problems I have had with my body could/can be fixed w/o some major surgery like with exercise or clean and clear.

That and name Plastic Surgery and just surgery in general just freaks me out I'm a chicken. I have nothing against people that get Plastic Surgery it's your choice in the end and I can't tell you how to spend your money.

Plastic surgery is just ridiculous. After too much it just makes people look silly. When you try to look too good, it just makes you a little less attractive (in my opinion anyways)

Besides, I'm already damn sexy, why would I need to achieve a higher level of sexiness?

• Brohoof 3

I'm really adamant on getting it done even though people are telling me I shouldn't. I accept the fact I have flaws so why can't I use MY money to fix those flaws? The technology exists, so use it.

The problem is though that no matter how good you look you will always have some kind of physical flaw, because of this plastic surgery become an addiction to a lot of people who get surgery after surgery to address both real and perceived imperfections instead of dealing with their the deep seated insecurities which lead them to plastic surgery in the first place. I am saying this to judge you as whether or not you get plastic surgery is up to you, but in most cases it just seems like more trouble than it is worth.

I had to have it done on my face in 2003. I had this deep gash under my nose as a result of a bike accident and it was the only way it could be sealed, since it wasn't going to on its own. It was too big for that to happen.

The problem is though that no matter how good you look you will always have some kind of physical flaw, because of this plastic surgery become an addiction to a lot of people who get surgery after surgery to address both real and perceived imperfections instead of dealing with their the deep seated insecurities which lead them to plastic surgery in the first place. I am saying this to judge you as whether or not you get plastic surgery is up to you, but in most cases it just seems like more trouble than it is worth.

But you can work at those flaws and reduce the numbers of them, that's just the way I look at it. I don't, personally, see myself as the person who would get surgery after surgery but I would just like to remove the flaw that I feel is "literally" the biggest physical flaw I have.

I have researched a little bit on Rhinoplasty: 

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/n/rhinoplasty

It doesn't seem entirely invasive to be honest and it is relatively cheap at about £2,000 (it can vary).

There's a lot of stigma involving plastic surgery, particularly for cosmetic/vanity purposes. I don't really see what the difference is between getting breast implants to getting a tattoo or a tunnel in your ear, and it makes me sad when people condemn others who have chosen to go through cosmetic surgery.

People should do whatever they want with their body and not have others judge them for it. Do I find all plastic surgery visually appealing? No. But I don't find every kind of piercing, tattoo, or body mod visually pleasing either. I'd never think less of person because of it, though.

Anyway, I haven't really thought about having cosmetic surgery done, but I wouldn't say "never". Maybe I'll change my mind one day.

The closest thing I've considered having done are fang implants, but I hear they can be a bit of a hassle, so I've gone caps instead. They're also a lot cheaper, which is always good. :catface:    

• Brohoof 1

1. Reduction Rhinoplasty / Nose Reduction

2. Blepharoplasty / Eye Lift

3. Reduction Genioplasty / Chin Reduction

4. Stroma Procedure / Brown To Blue Eye Surgery (StromaMedical.com)

They're all the surgeries I would like to get done myself. I've never been one for piercings at all or visible tattoo's due to the career I want to go into. I also agree with @@Hansel in that I don't see the difference between a tattoo or a piercing to someone getting a face lift.

plastic suregy is fine for people that need it for reasons other then just tring to look younger if you as me, people that have legitmate reasons like burn victim cleft palate you know stuff like that, but if you have money i guess there will always be a way. only way for me would be only if i needed it

Edited by DaReaper

1. Reduction Rhinoplasty / Nose Reduction
2. Blepharoplasty / Eye Lift
3. Reduction Genioplasty / Chin Reduction
4. Stroma Procedure / Brown To Blue Eye Surgery (StromaMedical.com)

They're all the surgeries I would like to get done myself. I've never been one for piercings at all or visible tattoo's due to the career I want to go into. I also agree with @@Hansel in that I don't see the difference between a tattoo or a piercing to someone getting a face lift.

How does that fourth one even work!?  Why do you want to change your eye color for that matter.  Personally, I think blue is the most boring of the three, but assuming surgery could get you a brilliant blue...  Does it involve lasers? Cause, blinding could probably be a pretty big risk.

(edited)

How does that fourth one even work!?  Why do you want to change your eye color for that matter.  Personally, I think blue is the most boring of the three, but assuming surgery could get you a brilliant blue...  Does it involve lasers? Cause, blinding could probably be a pretty big risk.

Brown eye's are actually blue eyes with just an extremely thin layer of pigment on them. They disrupt the pigment with what I believe is a laser and then after 2 weeks they become a very bright blue color. I'm considering messaging them to be apart of the clinical trials.

EDIT: Personally, I love all color eyes but I, myself, me... I want to have blue eyes.

Edited by Kaz

Brown eye's are actually blue eyes with just an extremely thin layer of pigment on them. They disrupt the pigment with what I believe is a laser and then after 2 weeks they become a very bright blue color. I'm considering messaging them to be apart of the clinical trials.

EDIT: Personally, I love all color eyes but I, myself, me... I want to have blue eyes.

Seriously? I didn't know that...  Personally, I wouldn't even get eye corrective surgery (to have ''proper'' vision).  I'm too much of a chicken to do anything to my eyes.  I love my eye color (green), so I wouldn't do anything like that.  If it makes you happy, go for it. It'll be better than those people looking like dolls after getting 50 surgeries.

• Brohoof 1

Nah sure I am not be the best lookin guy in the whole world but to change the way I look? well that's like changing the way I act, think, talk etc I wouldn't be myself anymore but a shell of who I once was and truth be told I like being me a lot! So no