Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Have Plastic Surgery?

MLPForums Phanact

Would You Ever Have Plastic Surgery?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Would You Ever Have Plastic Surgery?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/Depends
    • Already Have

No plastic surgery for me, thank you. I'm quite happy with the way I am.  Ok, granted I'm far from perfect and I can stand to lose a couple of pounds, but I could live my life without plastic surgery if I can help it.

I don't think so, not for any form of vanity at least. 

If was in an accident, maybe - and only then if it was a part of my body people see on a regular basis - IE my face. 

I'm pretty comfy with the way I look I guess, and there's nothing jarring that stands out that I would change. 

No thanks, I'll just stick to, you know, what God gave me. I think people should be happy with what they have. I can't believe that so much people answered yes and maybe.

I'd rather perfect what, you know, God fucked up with me. I think that no one should be happy with what they have and should always strive for better in themselves and in their lives. If you're satisfied with what you have then there is something wrong.

I'd rather perfect what, you know, God fucked up with me. I think that no one should be happy with what they have and should always strive for better in themselves and in their lives. If you're satisfied with what you have then there is something wrong.

Plastic surgery is like hacking life. We should always strive for better, but not in such manner. It's just irrational.

From what you say I see that we both have different ideologies and wasting that time on an argument would just be a... Waste of time. 

Plastic surgery is like hacking life. We should always strive for better, but not in such manner. It's just irrational.

From what you say I see that we both have different ideologies and wasting that time on an argument would just be a... Waste of time. 

I wouldn't call it an argument, more of a debate as long as we respect each other :3 I think your ideology is fine for some people but for me I always want to better myself.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno how I feel about it. I understand why people get them. Personally I hate my nose and would love to get a nose job. Thing is if I got that done I'd just find another flaw I'd want fixed.

I'd only have plastic surgery if someone took a shovel to my face, my nose in particular. That's why we have rules in this world, "No touching of the hair and face!"

Other than that I accept who I am, scars and all.

(Now I have this sudden feeling I'm going to break the rule in the future, not tomorrow, not in a year, but somewhere in the future)

Edited by Iron Shield

I have had plastic surgery when I did some schooling in China. I got double eye lid surgery('I'm not asian by the way)..I still want to get some more work done. Like my lips, my hairline and jaw.

Since it is your body you have the right to make these choices.

Self improvement is all well and good, but surgery is something that shouldn't be entered into so carelessly. If people want to do it they have the right to do so, but I am a little concerned that the culture is placing far too much of an emphasis on physical appearance where there are people of many different shapes and sizes that can be attractive. Not everyone is supposed to look the same yet the culture is encouraging everyone to do just that with these surgeries which in most cases are unnecessary. I have a burly football player look which some women find attractive but some others might find a slimmer build a bit more attractive. I plan to do something that probably will alter my appearance but this thing is not surgery, it is good old fashioned excercize and proper diet. I have a great deal of muscle from my past as a weight lifter and my job on the stock crew at a grocery store which is good but I also have this gut that I have been carrying around that needs to go and I am determined to make it go away.

Self improvement is all well and good, but surgery is something that shouldn't be entered into so carelessly. If people want to do it they have the right to do so, but I am a little concerned that the culture is placing far too much of an emphasis on physical appearance where there are people of many different shapes and sizes that can be attractive. Not everyone is supposed to look the same yet the culture is encouraging everyone to do just that with these surgeries which in most cases are unnecessary. I have a burly football player look which some women find attractive but some others might find a slimmer build a bit more attractive. I plan to do something that probably will alter my appearance but this thing is not surgery, it is good old fashioned excercize and proper diet. I have a great deal of muscle from my past as a weight lifter and my job on the stock crew at a grocery store which is good but I also have this gut that I have been carrying around that needs to go and I am determined to make it go away.

If I could exercise and my honk of a nose, dark around my eyes and the color of my eyes would change then I'd would. But when surgery is the only option, I'm all for just doing it.

Not sure. If I had the money and certainty about what I would want to have done, I'd consider it, but I can't think of anything I'm super-unhappy about. Well, that plastic surgery can fix, at least. People tell me I'm attractive but I'm sure a good number of people don't agree with that so I have a pretty neutral self-image when it comes to looks. If anything, my hair's curly to the point that I have to constantly wear a beanie to keep it from going all over the place. Unfortunately, surgery can't fix that. So I guess I wouldn't.

(edited)

Not sure. If I had the money and certainty about what I would want to have done, I'd consider it, but I can't think of anything I'm super-unhappy about. Well, that plastic surgery can fix, at least. People tell me I'm attractive but I'm sure a good number of people don't agree with that so I have a pretty neutral self-image when it comes to looks. If anything, my hair's curly to the point that I have to constantly wear a beanie to keep it from going all over the place. Unfortunately, surgery can't fix that. So I guess I wouldn't.

No, but a permanent blow wave or chemical straightening can. There's literally a way to fix any problem you don't like, I like curly hair but I like straight hair as well.

^ My hair is wavy naturally, I just blow dry and straighten mine and it gets it straight for about 4-5 hours.

Edited by Kaz

No, but a permanent blow wave or chemical straightening can. There's literally a way to fix any problem you don't like, I like curly hair but I like straight hair as well.

I do too, I'd like for my curls to just be more relaxed and less afro-prone. I usually have to put some kind of product in it to keep it under control. Damn Italian genes.

If I get burned or get something really bad, why not.

Doing plastic sugery to make our face look better, for exemple, when there's nothing wrong, is quite a lack of confidence to me.

Like if the person can't accept who they are.

I actually have an eye higer than the other. My whole right side actually grow faster than the left side.

It gave me back problems and many pains, but my face is fine, I have no pain or anything, just a little asymmetry. But I will NEVER have a plastic surgery for this.

Unless I get burned or massively physically disfigured, probably not.

I'm quite happy with myself, flaws and all. Heck, I wouldn't even go the lasik route to get rid of my glasses (I don't wear contacts either.) While I would be the first in line to upload my brain into a machine, I am perfectly fine with who I am.

Unless I get burned or massively physically disfigured, probably not.

I'm quite happy with myself, flaws and all. Heck, I wouldn't even go the lasik route to get rid of my glasses (I don't wear contacts either.) While I would be the first in line to upload my brain into a machine, I am perfectly fine with who I am.

I'd love to get Lasik but then I would want to still keep wearing glasses without lenses because they frame my face so I'd end up being the swagfag who gets Lasik and then wears glasses with just clear lenses in them.

• 5 years later...